Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Empyrean Silk - Stupidly high drop rate

Default Empyrean Silk - Stupidly high drop rate

Title says it all. The drop rate on it is WAAAY too high for a top end material and needs a serious looking at. It was also confusing to be looting 1-4 empyrean silk from elementals, per elemental in dungeons like storm breaker. 1 expert = most of a stack of silk, which is far too high.

The rate needs to be cut to 1/3rd or 1/4th where it's at to actually make this item valuable, or recipes just need to use a ton more of it.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Soulwalker

Or they could just fix the loot code so the silk is properly distributed to the group. If your getting about a stack a run from pugs then I'm sure your groups just love you stealing all the silk they could use.

Divide that 5 ways and suddenly bam... each person getting a handfull of silk... enough to make a bolt or two. Perfectly acceptable numbers.

Prophet of Telara

Yup its the new loot system - if you're greedy and loot every corpse first then you get a lot. If you split it then its about the right amount.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Ah, so you're the guy who's busy looting while we're still fighting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Ah, so you're the guy who's busy looting while we're still fighting ...

You know I do it haha, just to spam AH at absurdly low prices.

Funny watching "greedy" ranged try to beat me to it but I'm melee and the tank. I try to feel bad
    Last edited by Delmlord; 11-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Funny watching "greedy" ranged try to beat me to it but I'm melee and the tank. I try to feel bad
    This. Regardless though, 20+ per run is still too high (considering split).
    Last edited by McWaffles; 11-27-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    Title says it all. The drop rate on it is WAAAY too high for a top end material and needs a serious looking at. It was also confusing to be looting 1-4 empyrean silk from elementals, per elemental in dungeons like storm breaker. 1 expert = most of a stack of silk, which is far too high.

The rate needs to be cut to 1/3rd or 1/4th where it's at to actually make this item valuable, or recipes just need to use a ton more of it.

try not being american and you'll notice, once evenly distributed, its not an over abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kommon View Post
    try not being american and you'll notice, once evenly distributed, its not an over abundance.
    And yet the AH (at least on my shard) is flooded with literally thousands of unused silk.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    And yet the AH (at least on my shard) is flooded with literally thousands of unused silk.
    Uh, oh!

Over a week of dungeon experts and I barely had enough to craft 2 empyrean bags... in fact I had to buy some from AH.

Maybe I need to ninja loot more I guess, but we're there to kill stuff in the dungeon. :/

Okay, so what happened here?
    The first days after SL launch I managed to get a few of this empyrean silk in the lower areas where I was questing with my toons (Cape Jule, Pelladane, Seratos, City Core). Now the past few days I was again questing, leveling my characters in Seratos > Morban, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward. I did almost every quest there is, I did most of the carnage stuff as well and I did this with 2 characters over 5 levels (both from about 53/54 to now 57 and 58) and I have ONE Empyrean Silk. How can that be? Isn't that a bit low of a drop rate? Does this stuff now only drop in dungeons or what? I know that mostly human type mobs drop silk/cloth but with the carnage and usual quests shouldn't I have come across mob types that drop these?? I have 60 chiffon and 88 lanzan cloth (also found through combined effort of leveling) which I still think is a bit low compared to the tons of leather I have but maybe (apparently) I just killed more beasts. But even compared to 60 chiffon cloth, 1 empyrean silk is .... literally nothing, I just don't get it.
    Can anyone recommend me a good spot to "farm" these? It's 25p for 10silks on my server and I'm not paying this, not with the amounts needed and especially not if the drop rate is broken somehow...
    Also, on our ahs (icewatch) I can't really see tons of this silk up for sale and it's Sunday (I wouldn't buy it anyway but the op created the impression as if the ahs were flooded with it).

I stopped getting Empyrean Silk altogether since the last patch. Not one piece have I seen (I'm going on Lv 59).
    Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. ― Pema Chödrön
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Champion

I am still waiting for Trion to fix the looting, as it is now only one person will get all the loot from mobs, and this is fairly annoying since most of us are still farming for materials, and it is a rush to the mobs, because all want to loot and all know it is only one person getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovdisaier View Post
    Okay, so what happened here?
    The first days after SL launch I managed to get a few of this empyrean silk in the lower areas where I was questing with my toons (Cape Jule, Pelladane, Seratos, City Core). Now the past few days I was again questing, leveling my characters in Seratos > Morban, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward. I did almost every quest there is, I did most of the carnage stuff as well and I did this with 2 characters over 5 levels (both from about 53/54 to now 57 and 58) and I have ONE Empyrean Silk. How can that be? Isn't that a bit low of a drop rate? Does this stuff now only drop in dungeons or what? I know that mostly human type mobs drop silk/cloth but with the carnage and usual quests shouldn't I have come across mob types that drop these?? I have 60 chiffon and 88 lanzan cloth (also found through combined effort of leveling) which I still think is a bit low compared to the tons of leather I have but maybe (apparently) I just killed more beasts. But even compared to 60 chiffon cloth, 1 empyrean silk is .... literally nothing, I just don't get it.
    Can anyone recommend me a good spot to "farm" these? It's 25p for 10silks on my server and I'm not paying this, not with the amounts needed and especially not if the drop rate is broken somehow...
    Also, on our ahs (icewatch) I can't really see tons of this silk up for sale and it's Sunday (I wouldn't buy it anyway but the op created the impression as if the ahs were flooded with it).

This I believe is due to a change that went into the last hotfix, they tweaked cloth / leather drops to be more sensitive to the level of the mob they dropped from. 51-55 is Lanzan/Dense, 56-59 Chiffon/Striped, 60 Empyrean/Truehide. Before it was supposed to be 75% mob level / 25% other, now its supposed to be 90%/10%. There's a dev post in this sub-forum somewhere with those numbers, but I'm on my phone so not digging it up right now.

It hardly drops at all in the world. Does it only drop in dungeons now?

Please increase the amount of Empyreal Silk drop rates in the world..not just dungeons.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast