Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: SL Runecrafting

Rift Disciple

Default SL Runecrafting

Outfitter - 375, Butchering - 375, Runecrafter - 330

Why the disparity, Emergent Clouds.

Currently I have 29 Radiant Nucleus, 25 Wandering Star, a whopping 7 Spiral Auroras and 2 Emergent Clouds. I have two orange recipes at 330. Both of which take two Emergent Clouds per combine. So, I decide to lay off a bit and check out the new quests. I get Workorder: Runes of the Overseer. Ok, what's this take. Hey not bad, only 1 vendor mat per, what's the Runecraft mat, what? Are you kidding me? Two Emergent Clouds per combine? 8 of them for a daily quest? Yeah, no. I'm ok paying two plat for each of the other daily quests, but just no on the rare mats.

Agree, I liked the system for RC mats in vanilla. I have quested all through Palladene and have Apoth at 375, RC 306.

Im sure I will get it maxed eventually through questing but the scarcity of the mats right into low levels of SL is staggering.

For when facepalming just isn't enough.

Prophet of Telara

Ive maxed runecrafting but i had to drag it by its neck and spent like 400p on way overpriced emergent clouds and nucleuses to finish levelling it. This was ON TOP of breaking down every piece of green gear me AND my levelling partner got between 50 and 56 which waa a lot. Even beyind this i was breaking down everyhing i produced from levelling up outfitter.

Getting 1 mat (and more likely a star) 90% of the time from gear is way too harsh. Should be upped to guaranteed two/three mats and slightly reduce the chance of stars.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 11-15-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

I have Butcher/Outfitter at 360 and RC at 305. We do need improved mat return on Runebreaking.

We get so few green drops there's really not much to runebreak except for what we craft. Rune-Crafter must be the most expensive craft ever due to this, lol.
    Please revert the 2.8 AH fee change!
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Plane Touched

375 runecrafting the day after the release. Gotta love all the other guild crafters sending you stuff to runebreak (hint hint).

I was hoping there would be a thread on this. This is absolutely ridiculous trying to level it up compared to Outfitter, Butchering, Survival and Fishing. I have already been finished with those for over a day.

I have myself and my partner sending me everything they can to break down items. I have even been "wasting" mats in Outfitter to make crap and break those down as well and still only at 336 while not going to cave in buying Runecrafting materials from the AH at 30+ plat per stack of 1.

It would be nice if Runecrafting can be looked at.

RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

i too am having difficulty leveling this craft with butcher and outfitter
    might just be some recipe for cheap bumps i have not found but the returns for breaking V's the cost of product is out of whack
    who took my names!

I am getting 1 mat for each item I runebreak (once in a while I get 2). Runebreaking the lowest level belts (dense) costs 80G in vendor bought mats alone, so that's 3 Plat 20 Gold per rune. I'm sure the value of the gathered mats is as much if not greater (I have not checked on AH). Considering this, I have decided to stop trying to level Runecrafter until some fix happens. It's just pounding money down a rathole as it stands now.
    Last edited by Shattered; 11-17-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Please revert the 2.8 AH fee change!
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I am getting 1 mat for each item I runebreak (once in a while I get 2). Runebreaking the lowest level belts (dense) costs 80G in vendor bought mats alone, so that's 3 Plat 20 Gold per rune. I'm sure the value of the gathered mats is as much if not greater (I have not checked on AH). Considering this, I have decided to stop trying to level Runecrafter until some fix happens. It's just pounding money down a rathole as it stands now.
    Every class requires vendor mats; and all cost 20g each. I know to do anything in Armorsmith, it costs between 40g and 1.2p+
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Soulwalker

/agree. I had 5 guildies sending me their boes/boe crafted stuff every time they got some (most are level 55, one 60) while using my own. Also leveling armorsmith and weaponsmith and breaking all that and still barely maxed. Ended with barely any mats left.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanoes View Post
    /agree. I had 5 guildies sending me their boes/boe crafted stuff every time they got some (most are level 55, one 60) while using my own. Also leveling armorsmith and weaponsmith and breaking all that and still barely maxed. Ended with barely any mats left.
    Maxxed out 3 professions in a week...clearly, something needs to be done /eyeroll. Honestly, crafting is fine (maybe even too easy; though with the last patch, nodes/hides are going to be harder to come by...and that's a good thing imo)

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

Soulwalker

Depends on what professions you have, and if you have a gathering paired with it. Maxing your crafting isn't "hard" nor impossible. All were saying is that runecrafting (and the proportions of mats you get from breaking) is making it difficult to get skill ups. Was like this on the beta too. I've maxed 3 professions too. Games hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanoes View Post
    Depends on what professions you have, and if you have a gathering paired with it. Maxing your crafting isn't "hard" nor impossible. All were saying is that runecrafting (and the proportions of mats you get from breaking) is making it difficult to get skill ups. Was like this on the beta too. I've maxed 3 professions too. Games hard.
    Personally, I've always thought RC should be the toughest to level; it's the one that stays viable for the entire length of the expansion. WS, AS, Outfitter all suffer from folks reaching raid level gearing and demand for their services dropping off dramatically. Yes, Trion has done a good job with making those classes more viable for endgame, with high end crafted gear in ID, as well as seals and gear for SL....but you need a rune for EVERY piece of gear. Every time you replace something, you find an RC to put a rune in for you. Every upgrade, green to blue to purp to orange; everything needs a rune. IMO, RC should take the longest, and be the hardest to max out.

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

Shadowlander

There's definitely something wrong when you're questing for 3 hours, use all your leather and cloth, break it down and still don't have enough RC materials to complete the dailies =(
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/Alexking80/sig.jpg
    :: Rift Officer - United Kingdoms ::
    :: Rift Recruitment :: UK Home :: UK Forums ::

Quote Originally Posted by Valix View Post
    There's definitely something wrong when you're questing for 3 hours, use all your leather and cloth, break it down and still don't have enough RC materials to complete the dailies =(
    I see you're an officer in a guild...why are your guildies not sending you gear to break? They'll want your runes, I'm sure.....

That was the first "rule" I asked of my people; send your greens and blues that drop (and aren't upgrades of course) to our guild RC. It speeds guild progression, and gives access to ALL for the runes. Just makes sense in a lot of ways. Heck, I spent 20 minutes last night crafting everything with Ganamite and Karthrite I could just to give to the RC (the Rhenium is MINE! ALL MINE! THE PRECIOUS!)

Other than emergent clouds (which ARE too rare), there haven't been any real supply issues for our RC because of the help from everyone. Sharing is caring!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast