Closed Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Imrielle
  • 1 Post By -HellsWrath-
  • 1 Post By CaptainHairy

Thread: Chiffon cloth

Prophet of Telara

Default Chiffon cloth

Chiffon cloth seems pretty damned scarce, or is it more common in higher zones?

Level 53 at the moment and been through all of Cape Jule, City Core and most of Eastern Holdings and am up lucky if I get maybe 3 Bolts from an hour of questing?
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Chiffon cloth seems pretty damned scarce, or is it more common in higher zones?

Level 53 at the moment and been through all of Cape Jule, City Core and most of Eastern Holdings and am up lucky if I get maybe 3 Bolts from an hour of questing?
    In my experience in the beta, it drops more frequently from higher level mobs. I was getting (as a non-outfitter) about 8-12 pieces per hour in the higher end of Seratos and Ardent Domain.

Rift Disciple

You could also try looking for it in the Kingdom of Pelladane. I have found three types of cloth there - Landan, Chiffon and Empyrean, from various humanoids and undead. Strangely, I have found more Chiffon and Empyrean than Landan - so much more that I ended up selling both of those to buy Landan and start skilling up. =/

I might have to take myself to Cape Jule, I'm told theres more skinnable beasts there, too. Dense Leather is slowish to come by in Pelladance, since I've only found a couple skinnable mobs there, and they are being heavily farmed for carnage quests on my server currently.

Telaran

I noticed in the beta, and it seems to be true in Live as well, that all the mobs in the new areas have a chance to drop any of the grandmaster materials.

Whereas in chocolate Rift, each mob would drop a very specific material based on level, that no longer appears to be the case. Now it appears that mobs just vary their chance to drop materials based on mob level (with a higher chance for more level-appropriate materials, i.e. Dense Hide from level 50-52 beasts versus a lower chance for higher level materials, i.e. Truehide).

Soulwalker

Cloth in general seems massively underdropped. Perhaps I'm questing the wrong areas, but when I get 5 pieces of cloth (not bolts) from 2 hours questing, but I get enough leather for 15 shipments (300+) I think that I was never supposed to level Outfitter.

Especially since leather recipes now need more cloth than leather to make.

My suspicions are borne out by the auction house. The cheapest Chiffon Cloth (again, not bolts, so a bolt is twice the price) is 1.5 platinum. Per piece.

Cheapest Striped Leather (same material rank, etc) is just under 7 gold a piece.

Either this is the restricting method that Trion want to use to regulate the speed of training crafting, or something is pretty wrong here.

If you want more cloth drops, go to the continent of dusken, there are more human mobs. If you want more hides, go to the continent of Brevane, there are more beasts there. Also these values were adjusted during beta. The higher the level of mob the higher the level of mats. If you are an outfitter you also get a boost to cloth drops.

There may need to be some adjustment here. It seems like Trion tried to make changes on dual fronts to reduce crafting speed. Cloth is harder to come by, and the recipes take more mats. It may be a bit overtuned, honestly. It's to the point of painful, atm.
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrna View Post
    If you want more cloth drops, go to the continent of dusken, there are more human mobs. If you want more hides, go to the continent of Brevane, there are more beasts there. Also these values were adjusted during beta. The higher the level of mob the higher the level of mats. If you are an outfitter you also get a boost to cloth drops.
    There may be more, but not enough. Like I said, the price of the materials on the auction house kinda says it all. When you need more cloth than leather to make leather recipes, and cloth costs around 25 times more than leather (even if it's 5 times more scarce, that's still silly).

Hopefully this will either balance itself once the higher level areas get farmed more, or Trion may look at it like they did with Ironhide in a hotfix around 1.8/1.9.

Either way, cloth is too hard to come by.

I got to an area leveling off of level 56 mobs and Chiffron Cloth has been dropping well for me 2 per mob. anything less then 56 was lucky if I got one.

I am having the same issue with cloth...it's rarer than a winning powerball ticket! I am level 53 and have gotten a grand total of 21 pieces of lanzam...zero Chiffon. Not sure how i'm supposed to level a trade skill with these drop rates. They say they adjusted it...but which direction did they take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Thorn View Post
    I am having the same issue with cloth...it's rarer than a winning powerball ticket! I am level 53 and have gotten a grand total of 21 pieces of lanzam...zero Chiffon. Not sure how i'm supposed to level a trade skill with these drop rates. They say they adjusted it...but which direction did they take it?
    As i said in the post before you. you have a higher rate on the lvl 56 and higher kills. did more killing to day and recieved nearly two stacks of the cloth

Closed Thread