Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: SL fish and locations

Default SL fish and locations

Here is a spreadsheet I made of all the new fish in SL and where to catch them.

Minimum level to fish in ANY SL zone is 270. Most lures I have found, from fish turn ins and on the recipe vendor, require at least level 50 to use, most need 54-60 to use in addition to regular requirements (fish skill/pole).

Ascendant

Are you going to expand on this, ala Myene's guide posts of the past?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

Just asking.
    I suppose if more fish are added.

I have fished in most of the new zones as recently as the last beta and have yet to find anything other than these 12 fish.

According to the achievements for the zones, these are the only fish there, although some lures and such mention "epic" fish. Perhaps these have hidden achievements are are quite rare, but I have not found any quest turn ins, recipes or anything else that use epic fish.

If any are added, or if anyone finds other fish, please send me a PM so I can update the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

Just asking.
    Has Myene stopped playing/posting? If so, I guess I'll look into writing a guide for fishing in SL.

Ascendant

I have her old guides bookmarked and no updates, so not sure if was in Beta, or still in game (

I would but have no ability to do the pics, posting, tabling etc. > if family had their way, I wouldn't be playing.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 11-12-2012 at 10:57 AM.

I have fixed up the spreadsheet and written a guide that includes some data about lures. It can be found here.
    Last edited by Dyeus; 11-12-2012 at 02:53 PM.

I am assuming that the blue fish are rep fish for new factions?

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    I am assuming that the blue fish are rep fish for new factions?
    Yes. I was going to add this to the guide, but I can't edit it anymore.

They are turned in in groups of 3. Coldflare Octopus and Kraken Hatchlings to Johry Vennade in Tulan, Cape Jule <Eternal City Survivors>. Emerald FLycatcher and Dusken Eel to Lou Vennade in Tuldeo Retreat, Dusken <Necropolis Caretakers>.

Anyone know how I can get permission to edit my guide? I have new things to add. Any CMs/GMs out there, could you give me permissions to edit my guide in the survival/fishing section?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Here is a spreadsheet I made of all the new fish in SL and where to catch them.

Minimum level to fish in ANY SL zone is 270. Most lures I have found, from fish turn ins and on the recipe vendor, require at least level 50 to use, most need 54-60 to use in addition to regular requirements (fish skill/pole).

Any idea where "Silt Eel" and "Bulkhead Shrimp" come from?

Default Recipes for Epic Fish

There is a fair bit not listed/mentioned. One big thing is Epic Fish.

Diving Ouzel (Is actually a pretty pink bird) from shallows in Brevane (Skill 350+ with brevane lures) [Catch only in Ashora and Dendrome]
    Silt Eel from deeps in Brevane (Skill 360+ with brevane lures) [Catch only in Ashora and Dendrome]
    Longspine Urchin from Deeps in Dusken (Skill 370+ with brevane lures) [Catch only in Infinity]
    Bulkhead Shrimp from shallows in Dusken, (Capped skill and brevane lures) [Catch only in Infinity]

I have a whole bunch of purple fish and couldn't sell them.... I have no idea what they're for and nobody else seems to either....
    There may be some rare recipe's, but I am GUESSING they are used for dimension items? :S

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND WHAT THEY'RE USED FOR....

Default Ah.. yeah a bit more info but vague...

There are also pets catchable by fishing

The only one I know is Brevane shallows you can catch a pet crocodile. It may not be restricted to brevane or shallows thats just where it was caught...

It's the only one I've seen personally, but I'd think they'd atleast do 2 (1 for each different continent? Maybe even deep/shallows like with Epics?) :S

Perhaps somebody can help find out about or post if they've seen any others.. :S
    Last edited by Belurges; 11-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Default Usage for Epic Fish

Well... just to let you guys know today I found a guys that gives quests for epic fish recipes.

Silt Eel + Bulkhead Shrimp = lure 3 charges of GUARANTEED twisted artifact.
    Last edited by Belurges; 11-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Default enduring trophy lure

where do you get the enduring trophy lure?

I have been focusing on fishing rather than leveling (currently lvl51 w/ max fishing.)

If anyone can, please PM me info/screenshots of stuff related to epic fish I can add it to the guide before I take the time to level to 60.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast