Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meats too rare?

Default Meats too rare?

Anyone else think the steaks and bacon is too rare?
    In over 100 animal kills i came up with 2 bacon and 0 steak.
    The steak is required for the daily and goes for 50+ plat for 12 on the AH. IMO we need a more reliable way to get the crafting mat like add a 25% chance to get it from butchering or something.

With as many things that need bacon now, there needs to be a much easier way to get it. I farmed for 5 hours yesterday, and only got about 30 rich bacon from EI. This needs to be changed to be spomething more like a 1:3 or 1:4 drop rate instead of the current next to nothing drop rate. Its easier to get green fish then it is to get a white crafting item? Trion please fix

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyWood View Post
    With as many things that need bacon now, there needs to be a much easier way to get it. I farmed for 5 hours yesterday, and only got about 30 rich bacon from EI. This needs to be changed to be spomething more like a 1:3 or 1:4 drop rate instead of the current next to nothing drop rate. Its easier to get green fish then it is to get a white crafting item? Trion please fix
    I guess I should get to the AH. I have a bank full of meat from pre-patch.

Rift Chaser

So has anyone found a good use for Rich Steak? The new feasts perhaps?

I am also wondering, why is it that the Dwarven Goulash, the warrior/cleric tank food, uses 2 bacon to make 1 item, while the Kelari Prom, the rogue tank food, uses 1 bacon for 1 item?

Granted, 14 block is mostly irrelevant, but I'd still like to know why.

I farmed EI mobs and got 3 rich bacon in 2 hours. That is just not good, the quest requires 4 every day
    Have you ever wanted to?

The new feast for raid requires 2 bacon per feast.... coupled with the new daily/weekly quests, I'm hoping we see a SLIGHT... SLIGHT.... increase in bacon drop rate.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Yeah I need to check ah... stocked up on these when they were being sold dirt cheap with no use.

I just spent about a hour farming in this cove. It's crawling with Saltwater Gators, and a few Wildtusk Boars on the beach. I ended up with 11 Rich Bacon and 16 Rich Steak.

I don't know if this is just a great spot for these drops, if I just got lucky, or if they've increased the drop rate, but whatever the case, this seems to be an excellent spot to farm if you need either of these crafting mats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...-01_183806.jpg
    Last edited by Neyjour; 07-01-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Ascendant

11 bacons in one hour seems like a whole lot of time for something that is required by feasts and tank foods.

I agree. But compared to the other time/drop ratios other people have been reporting, this is a huge improvement.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    I just spent about a hour farming in this cove. It's crawling with Saltwater Gators, and a few Wildtusk Boars on the beach. I ended up with 11 Rich Bacon and 16 Rich Steak.

I don't know if this is just a great spot for these drops, if I just got lucky, or if they've increased the drop rate, but whatever the case, this seems to be an excellent spot to farm if you need either of these crafting mats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...-01_183806.jpg
    Hmm, maybe you found the spot. I went around EI yesterday and killed 6-10 of each animal I came across and I think I ended up with 4 steaks and no bacon. this was over an hour of time. I didnt go to that area you show so I think I'll have to venture there tonight.

I agree with this post. There is also a Rift that opens up around there that kills the boars so it kinda sucks to have to deal with that as well.

I just went back to that cove again today, and this time I timed myself to exactly 1 hour. I ended up with:

13 Rich Bacon
    15 Rich Steak

So it looks like this is definitely a good spot for these mats. Numbers are roughly the same as my last time here... a few less Steak, but a few more Bacon. Which is fine by me, since the Bacon is what I really want.

If anyone knows of any other good spots, please let us know!

Default Gators seem to be pretty good.

Had about an hour before ID raid Sunday and got 12 rich bacon... Think it might have been less than an hour someone mentioned needing it so I went out to one of my favorite farming spots... I think the rate may be a bit low got two greens while killing about 60 or so gators. In the watery area where the islands are.. Almost need a charge/blink to be effect at it. Think I saw more steak but I wasn't looking for it..
    Last edited by Zenora; 07-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.

General of Telara

I stopped doing the dailies after the first day. I saw the price of the ingredients just gave up. I'm selling the meats now for stupid crazy prices.

It's the same reason I don't do the other tradeskill daily. Getting enough steeled leather is just stupid slow and not worth the rewards for the quest.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast