+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: fishing/survival is useless.

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    346

    Default fishing/survival is useless.

    The food you can make is just slightly better than what you can get from factions. I mean 3+ rare fish to make decent food is just not worth the time invested. 2+ hours to make a stack of 20 for a minor uprade is useless.

    Either cut down the mats, or make the food so good its worth the time invested.
    Starting with making the buff stay after death.

    I can make a stack of brightsurge or other potions with alot less time invested, and the buff you get from it far exceeds the food buffs. And the potions stick even if you die.

    Not happy with it as it is, and i wont use any more time with it.
    Can I have your mana?

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z4oslo View Post
    The food you can make is just slightly better than what you can get from factions. I mean 3+ rare fish to make decent food is just not worth the time invested. 2+ hours to make a stack of 20 for a minor uprade is useless.

    Either cut down the mats, or make the food so good its worth the time invested.
    Starting with making the buff stay after death.

    I can make a stack of brightsurge or other potions with alot less time invested, and the buff you get from it far exceeds the food buffs. And the potions stick even if you die.

    Not happy with it as it is, and i wont use any more time with it.
    Personal opinion, it is far from useless. I've gotten enough mats from working on fishing that I have no needed to buy npc food since survival came out. I've even been sending fish to others in my guild. I also love the buffs from buff foods (since I don't have a high level apot). I use the run speed food ALL the time. Especially when helping people get the quest done for runic descent

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I don't find it useless. Feasts are very useful for raiding, and I keep a supply of Snapper Jerky for myself. The hard part is getting everyone to eat the feasts, which is sometimes like herding cats.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    The one made from Glossy Mackrel and Isle Crab or whatever they're called is really nice and easy to catch....
    Even free cost too much now

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Alatarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    "Fishing/survival is useless to ME"

    There. Fixed.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Kantazo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    What Alatarv said, fishing and survival is good for me. A lot of food used after combats, so works for me.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

  7. #7
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    The food at least stacks to 100.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Merlinr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    372

    Default

    I have to agree with the OP in the sense of the buff not being worth the time invested. You can buy food from Ember Isle that gives +20 spell power. The new feast gives only +23. It should give a little more like +30 to make it really worthwhile.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Yes its useless to ME .. i never said its useless for everyone else.. but come on! 30 green fish to get a stack of 20 food is just wrong when you see the diminishing return. Im slightly better off with a cake and a scroll and thats no investment at all!

    For everyone that loves fishing, im sure you all enjoy it, but fish to make food you want is painful when you see how much time it takes.

    Someone mentioned snapper jerky. Thats 4 zones, since you need to fish for rare fish lure as well, if you count lures, thats 5 green fishes to get a stack of 2 food that goes away when you die.

    Of course its useless!
    You need to be a machochist to enjoy the work involved.
    Last edited by z4oslo; 04-30-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Can I have your mana?

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Alatarv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Frankly, I don't care if they increase the food buffs or not. If it would make you happy, then sure. I don't think they SHOULDN'T be increased, so make 'em more powerful.

    I fish in the game because I like fishing. I'm an explorer. I know where the artifacts grow and where the cairns are. I go places simply because I have no idea what's over there.

    I sometimes vendor what I catch. I like making tents and bedrolls. I have this personal minigame where I'm trying to find the smallest bit of water I can actually catch a fish in.

    If the food gives buffs, all the better. If Trion wants to make them bigger, that's fine too.

    I like big buffs and I cannot lie.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z4oslo View Post
    Someone mentioned snapper jerky. Thats 4 zones, since you need to fish for rare fish lure as well, if you count lures, thats 5 green fishes to get a stack of 2 food that goes away when you die.
    You're just seriously wasting your time if you're fishing for rare lures to use. They're pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinr View Post
    I have to agree with the OP in the sense of the buff not being worth the time invested. You can buy food from Ember Isle that gives +20 spell power. The new feast gives only +23. It should give a little more like +30 to make it really worthwhile.
    Higher attack power/spell power and 217 health. Why DPS and healers seem to place no value on the health I will never know.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 04-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Thantoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alatarv View Post
    Frankly, I don't care if they increase the food buffs or not. If it would make you happy, then sure. I don't think they SHOULDN'T be increased, so make 'em more powerful.

    I fish in the game because I like fishing. I'm an explorer. I know where the artifacts grow and where the cairns are. I go places simply because I have no idea what's over there.

    I sometimes vendor what I catch. I like making tents and bedrolls. I have this personal minigame where I'm trying to find the smallest bit of water I can actually catch a fish in.

    If the food gives buffs, all the better. If Trion wants to make them bigger, that's fine too.

    I like big buffs and I cannot lie.
    How about what actually constitutes fish-able liquid? I know a spot you can fish lava
    I play games like this as a hobby, to relax, Not as a second job.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    You're just seriously wasting your time if you're fishing for rare lures to use. They're pointless.


    Higher attack power/spell power and 217 health. Why DPS and healers seem to place no value on the health I will never know.
    to fish without is takes forever, and longer time than not using them.
    I do value health alot, why i rather use a cake and a scroll to get about the same.
    that will get me 400 hp and 20 sp
    Can I have your mana?

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Other then progression raiding and trying to get the highest dps parse you can.... the food is completely worthless. I will not use them at all out side of that. The green fish take way too long to get, you need 2 greens from different locations and you only make 2 food from each recipe. That takes way too long. The drop rate for greens is like 1 green to 6 whites without a lure.
    Last edited by Profane; 04-30-2012 at 12:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Maybe for a DPS, for for a tank it's great. Ember Steak needs only 1 type of fish to get and is like 3 times as good as a Gravemaker Steak.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts