Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Leveling survival?

Ascendant

Default Leveling survival?

Anyone found the smooth minnows yet? No luck in silverwood..

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Smooth minnows can be found in shallow water.

While you're casting your line, check your tooltip to see whether you're about to cast in deep or shallow water.

Good luck!

I hate the cloth grinds from it.

Because the green fish usually never drop.

I been grinding for hours for a Red Mangler.

got 0 zero,, naada
    http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_Item:Red_Mangler

was forced to fight tons and tons of mobs for Cloth drops to level up and continue progressing.

fishing only got me shrimps and blues. no red mangler.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I hate the cloth grinds from it.

Because the green fish usually never drop.

I been grinding for hours for a Red Mangler.

got 0 zero,, naada
    http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_Item:Red_Mangler

was forced to fight tons and tons of mobs for Cloth drops to level up and continue progressing.

fishing only got me shrimps and blues. no red mangler.
    Pop a rare fish lure on

After hitting 300 fishing I was able to level up Survival to 300 in about 20 minutes w/ only spending ~100p... isn't bad at all imo
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

300 survival 245 fishing. if you're not finding the fish you need you're probably in the wrong place. use fishing lures, they exist for a reason.

Shadowlander

And as you've all seen, fishing & survival are TIME WASTERS!

Right out of the old handbook of Blizzard, you waste time standing in place when you could be leveling up your character. Just like Blizzard, you may cast 4 or 5 times before you even get a skill up on fishing. And because survival (the cooking aspect) is tied so closely to it, you have to fish MORE than you normally would if you need a certain fish to skill up on survival.

Tents & sleeping bags? eh - big deal. You can log out at an inn or Sanctum for the rest bonus. Otherwise, it's just Trion's version of cooking.

I wouldn't have minded the two new skills - IF they had been original ideas. There are good and bad points about Rift. I like the good, but there's no need of continuously copying WOW.

Fishing? Been there, done that! BORING! I guess they'll bring archaeology to us next.

If you're having trouble finding fish, check my guide, I list all known locations for both factions. But lures are KEY!

And for leveling survival, I have a leveling chart in my survival guide. The leveling chart skips any non-common fish, so it's scaled to the unlucky folks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Crim80 View Post
    ! I guess they'll bring archaeology to us next.
    I hope so. That would be great!
    Last edited by Alefroth; 04-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crim80 View Post
    And as you've all seen, fishing & survival are TIME WASTERS!

Right out of the old handbook of Blizzard, you waste time standing in place when you could be leveling up your character. Just like Blizzard, you may cast 4 or 5 times before you even get a skill up on fishing. And because survival (the cooking aspect) is tied so closely to it, you have to fish MORE than you normally would if you need a certain fish to skill up on survival.

Tents & sleeping bags? eh - big deal. You can log out at an inn or Sanctum for the rest bonus. Otherwise, it's just Trion's version of cooking.

I wouldn't have minded the two new skills - IF they had been original ideas. There are good and bad points about Rift. I like the good, but there's no need of continuously copying WOW.

Fishing? Been there, done that! BORING! I guess they'll bring archaeology to us next.
    Some people enjoy fishing, like me....
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

Quote Originally Posted by Alefroth View Post
    I hope so. That would be great!

Dear god no, please no archaeology, lol. Perhaps that is as painful to me as fishing is to others.

Closed Thread