+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Augment box changes

Rift Disciple

Default PTS Augment box changes

While I'm glad they've implemented a way to spend all those artisan marks we've been saving up, the prices on the new specialty crafting goods vendor on PTS seem like they need some tuning.

For example, it costs 450 artisan marks to purchase a blue augment. (You can no longer buy them with 500 planarite)

It takes 22 DAYS to get enough artisan marks to purchase one blue augment. The market value of the materials to turn in 22 dailies is roughly 40-80p depending on your profession and server.
    Is a blue augment really worth 450 artisan marks / 22 days / 40-80p?

When you compare that to 500 planarite, which takes about 10 minutes to farm on Ember Isle, it seems like they are massively increasing the value of blue augments.

Alternatively, apothecaries can craft the some of the single stat blue augments, but they require two endless planar dust, which costs more than eternal planar dust on most servers.

I know a lot of people have stockpiled thousands of artisan marks so maybe the intent is for people to burn through their stockpiles, but I know I would be very upset to spend 450 marks and end up with a honed barghest fang or pliable gravemaker hide. Those aren't even worth 20g on most servers.

I'm hoping they either change the crafted pure augments so that they require only 1 endless planar dust, or else something other than endless planar dust (perhaps more of those inert crystals/gems/etc which are just rotting in my bank since no other recipes use them).
    Last edited by Demise42; 01-23-2012 at 04:23 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Thanks for the feedback, the prices are a bit too high right now and should be coming down to be around half (or less) of the values up on PTS right now. We've also been having people look into various daily and weekly crafting quests and adjusting their requirements to bring them more in line with each other.

-Gersh

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Just a quick heads up, the values should be closer to 5/30/75/140 for the novice/skilled/expert/master boxes respectively.

-Gersh

Rift Chaser

I hate the fact that you can no longer buy these with planarite, at present on live, this is where I dump my excess planarite -> augments -> rune components. Need to find some more planarite dumps.

Prophet of Telara

I used them as (one of many) planarite sinks, because I never have enough artisan marks and always have too much planarite on my main. I was happy to pop open a ton of boxes getting mostly worthless ones with the occasional awesome augment. But now to have that same low-chance lottery with the precious and slow-to-acquire Artisan Marks? Forget it.
    Last edited by Islesi; 01-24-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Just a quick heads up, the values should be closer to 5/30/75/140 for the novice/skilled/expert/master boxes respectively.

-Gersh
    Epic augments from an Apothecary cost about 10-20 plat on auction, while it may not be cheaper than 140 artisan marks it's:

a) much faster
    b) you know what you're getting

Buying an augment box doesn't necessarily get me what I want. Let's also not forget how a lot of crafts have been completely devalued in 1.7 because of the gear scaling.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    while it may not be cheaper than 140 artisan marks
    The 140 mark price isn't even for an epic augment. It's for a blue. Right now epic augments cost THREE master plaques. (the ones you get from the weekly quest). That's the equivalent of 1500 artisan marks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Demise42 View Post
    The 140 mark price isn't even for an epic augment. It's for a blue. Right now epic augments cost THREE master plaques. (the ones you get from the weekly quest). That's the equivalent of 1500 artisan marks.
    The recipe costs 3 master plagues...the augment just cost platinum.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Morning guys,

Boxes will still be purchasable for planarite, they will just live on the planar vendors from here on out (We're trying to make sure like currencies stay together)

Also I want everyone to remember that currency dumps are not ever meant to be the most efficent way to obtain things. They are meant as an extra bonus outlet for leftover currencies.

Buying augments from other players will always be the best cost / effiency trade off.

-Gersh

P.S. We're also working on the best way to adjust Crafting items after the gear scaling to ensure that crafters have more competitive options at all levels of game content. That being said its a bit more complex problem that will take a little longer b/c we have to consider the time / difficulty of obtaining / creating these items compared to other content of a given endgame tier.
    Last edited by Gersh_Trion; 01-24-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Morning guys,

Boxes will still be purchasable for planarite, they will just live on the planar vendors from here on out (We're trying to make sure like currencies stay together)

Also I want everyone to remember that currency dumps are not ever meant to be the most efficent way to obtain things. They are meant as an extra bonus outlet for leftover currencies.

Buying augments from other players will always be the best cost / effiency trade off.

-Gersh

P.S. We're also working on the best way to adjust Crafting items after the gear scaling to ensure that crafters have more competitive options at all levels of game content. That being said its a bit more complex problem that will take a little longer b/c we have to consider the time / difficulty of obtaining / creating these items compared to other content of a given endgame tier.
    How about trading some of our OLD World Event currency in for OTHER World Event currency. Like Rune King Seals traded in for Dragon Tears or something. I know I am not in the only boat where I missed an item or 2 I would have liked to have had in one event due to play time limitations, whereas other events I could be doing the quests all the time collecting currency. Otherwise it will forever be impossible to collect some of the items if you've missed them. Especially with an EXCESS of useless old currency sitting in my bank. A trade-in for one for another would be great.

Yes I know this isn't tradeskill stuff, but it's a currency issue, and would also help players.
    Last edited by Tumnayar; 01-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andivory View Post
    The recipe costs 3 master plagues...the augment just cost platinum.
    They aren't talkiing about the flawless X recipes. They are talking about the augemnt mechant guy that sells the random augment boxes. You pay 3 master marks for a box that opens to a random purple augment. When I got mine on the PTS I got a Virulent Vespid Stinger . . . which I'm pretty sure would sell on the AH for a few platinum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    How about trading some of our OLD World Event currency in for OTHER World Event currency. Like Rune King Seals traded in for Dragon Tears or something. I know I am not in the only boat where I missed an item or 2 I would have liked to have had in one event due to play time limitations, whereas other events I could be doing the quests all the time collecting currency. Otherwise it will forever be impossible to collect some of the items if you've missed them. Especially with an EXCESS of useless old currency sitting in my bank. A trade-in for one for another would be great.

Yes I know this isn't tradeskill stuff, but it's a currency issue, and would also help players.
    I've thought about this a lot too. I'd like to see a system where you can trade event currency at a ratio depending on how old the event was in relation to the current event currency. For instance, the current even currency trades to the last event currency at 2:1. It will trade for the event previous to that at a 3:1 ratio, and so on and so on. This way, if you have any left over event currencies you can always trade it in for events before it. If you want to move currencies forward, you could either use the same scale or always have it 2:1 or something similar.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

This makes me want to buy tons of blues with my plana before this change goes live. I already have quite a collection going because of how much I craft.

I wonder how the changes will affect the AH prices of blue augments.

A bit offtopic, but can you get epic augments from those augment boxes? Never bought the boxes myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

Sword of Telara

I hope there is more to buy with our Artisan Marks than just worthless blue augments. If not, wow, talk about completely missing the mark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast