Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A way to get more Master Crafter Marks ...

Soulwalker

Default A way to get more Master Crafter Marks ...

I see I am not the only one desperate to find a way to get more of these ...

Here is my suggestion ...

Let Crafters buy them with other currencies, say

500 Artisan Marks = Master Mark
    5 of the new Epics C/D mats = Master Mark
    20 Minor Catalysts = Master Mark
    10 Eternal Planars = Master Mark
    50 plat = Master Mark

I dont care what the number are, this is just an idea

But give us another way to get them PLEASE !!!

Champion

I do like the idea of being able to trade Artisan Marks for Master ones, but mostly because I don't have the luck people seem to have on these things. I do the daily every day without fail, and it takes me 3 weeks of dailies to get one master mark. Also, 500 would still require a significant time investment, so it's not going to overwhelm the market or anything.

Not sure about trading in other items or outright paying for them though. Encourages the impatient 'I don't want to put forth any effort' crowd to help fund the gold farmers more.

I would like to see a change, just not sure what the best change would be.

500 Artisan Marks = Master Mark ... may be
    5 of the new Epics C/D mats = Master Mark ... no good idea
    20 Minor Catalysts = Master Mark ... no good idea
    10 Eternal Planars = Master Mark ... no good idea
    50 plat = Master Mark ... no good idea

My idea is master craft mark voucher (accont char transfer).
    Last edited by Falty; 10-06-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Ah the xmas wishlist has started,,,
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Falty View Post
    My idea is master craft mark voucher (accont char transfer).
    If this were the case, everyone would have 5 characters all with Outfitting and Runecrafting, a sixth with runecrafting and one other and the final 6 trades one each per character.

Then there are server transfers to consider where you could swap lowbie drones between servers and accumulate the plaques on the main server.

RC and OF mats are vendor trash that is pulled from thin air, if you didn't do this then the difference between you and someone who did would be astronomical. Account bound/tradeable plaques are a bab bad idea.

Seriously, plaques come in quick enough as it is to render crafting useless as any sort of economical trade as within a very short time everyone has every recipe.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 10-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Or you could get into a crafting raid.

I ran in my first crafting raid the other night and WOW... got like 6 master craftsman marks, 14 eternal planar essences, 8 minor catalysts and a whole bunch of other stuff. Was well worth the 45 minutes or hour spent riding around shimmersand.
    <Undecided>
    Archemys: Kinosia

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

I ran in my first crafting raid the other night and WOW... got like 6 master craftsman marks, 14 eternal planar essences, 8 minor catalysts and a whole bunch of other stuff. Was well worth the 45 minutes or hour spent riding around shimmersand.
    That's insane. I've done a couple of big crafting rift raids plus a small one. Big raids got me 20+ eternal dusts, 12-15 minor catalysts, and 0 master marks/plaques. First crafting rift mark I ever got was in the smaller group. I'm only running with a guy with one skill but still 6 marks is ridiculously lucky. That one plus the 2 I've gotten from dailies are the only random master marks/plaques I've gotten since 1.4 hit. So I'm only able to get a new 5-mark recipe about once a month.

And of course since I only have one craft on this guy, despite Anuhart's insistence that being able to transfer marks between alts would be disastrous, without that ability everyone who didn't pick skills based on a benefit that didn't even exist until 1.5 is now severely penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Surnimar View Post
    And of course since I only have one craft on this guy, despite Anuhart's insistence that being able to transfer marks between alts would be disastrous, without that ability everyone who didn't pick skills based on a benefit that didn't even exist until 1.5 is now severely penalized.
    I know what you are saying, but what we have now is a result of the whining about plaques.

The system we had was the fairest, if you had a character with 3 plaque skills they had the same chance as everyone else with any of those crafts to get plaques for that craft. People wanted plaques at a higher rate in the weird assumption it would make their crafting more viable, but all that would do would mean that instead of Tom having recipe A, Bill having recipe B and Peter having recipe C, Tom, Bill and Peter all have all 3 and have nothing unique to craft.

The change to unified plaques was in itself disastrous because like you, I have a crafter who has 1 plaque trade and two gather trades. I would get more plaques for the one plaque trade on that character if I just dropped the two gather skills and duplicated RC and OF, which I have covered on other toons. I would then get 3 times the plaques for that one trade I will use. People will be doing this now and those who don't will be left behind even more. Making plaques account bound would not only worsen the matter in that if you didn't have multiple characters covering trades (namely the easy ones OF/RC) you will be left behind, the same goes for account transfers, the difference between someone utilising both mechanics of multiple duplicate crafts and also multiple servers will be massive compared to someone who still has 1 plaque trade on one character on one server.

The system was fair before, now it's messy, we don't need it trashed completely.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 10-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Shadowlander

I do agree it was fairer, however it would be fairest to have a much more consistent rate of income on this master currency in the first place. I would have been just as happy if they'd reduced the randomness of dailies because unlike you many of us get very few from doing dailies daily. So there the level of unfairness is simply that randomness which should presumably even out over large numbers apparently isn't over small numbers like 100 days of daily quests. So some people get several a week, some of us get 3 in a month... Plus the variation in difficulty of the weekly quests is a factor as well over all. But I would have been interested in seeing them implement some suggested scheme like improving odds the longer you go without. So someone who's really lucky would still get above average, but it would be harder to go for 1-2 months of daily master quests with nothing at all to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surnimar View Post
    ... And of course since I only have one craft on this guy, despite Anuhart's insistence that being able to transfer marks between alts would be disastrous, without that ability everyone who didn't pick skills based on a benefit that didn't even exist until 1.5 is now severely penalized.
    I don't have a clue what Anuhart said b/c he is on my ignore but that being said doesn't 1.5 make it much easier to change professions?

For example, if I were a Runecrafter and wanted to switch to Outfitter, I could simple hit the trainer switch professions and all my Master marks would be available for buying Outfitter recipes. Under the old system, I would be stuck with a bunch of now worthless Runecraftering marks (forget what they were called). Of course, you don't get back any Master marks already spent in Runecrafting but do get to keep any excess unspent ones.

My thought from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

What he said. First time I went on a crafting raid run, I got 3-4 Master marks, plus more Minor Catalysts and Eternal Planar Essences than I'd ever had at once before in under 2 hours.
    Last edited by Amuk; 10-10-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Haceldama View Post
    I don't have a clue what Anuhart said b/c he is on my ignore but that being said doesn't 1.5 make it much easier to change professions?

For example, if I were a Runecrafter and wanted to switch to Outfitter, I could simple hit the trainer switch professions and all my Master marks would be available for buying Outfitter recipes. Under the old system, I would be stuck with a bunch of now worthless Runecraftering marks (forget what they were called). Of course, you don't get back any Master marks already spent in Runecrafting but do get to keep any excess unspent ones.

My thought from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    His point is that people with triple crafting professions (as opposed to 2 gathering, 1 crafting) get more of a benefit -- they can get 3 lures a week, and any marks they acquire can be used for any of their 3 crafting professions.

The cost to purchase is up for debate but I'd be for trading artisan marks for plaques, it would give a reason to do the expert dailies at least.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Amuk View Post
    What he said. First time I went on a crafting raid run, I got 3-4 Master marks, plus more Minor Catalysts and Eternal Planar Essences than I'd ever had at once before in under 2 hours.
    Lucky you, so far 130 crafting rifts and counting, 2 marks. The bit about the catalysts and eternals is right though.

Ascendant

So yet again, raid or die? What about those of us who aren't raiders and never get a chance to do this sort of thing?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast