Closed Thread

Thread: Crafting Rifts under level 50?

Soulwalker

Default Crafting Rifts under level 50?

My crafter is max 300, but level 19.
    If he opens rifts at his level... will the rewards be craft loot for level 19 junk OR will it drop useful material that a level 300 crafter would use?
    Seeing as you have to get to level 300 to even do crafting rifts... youd THINK the rewards would be appropriate... but I have a feeling im going to get trash.

confirmations?

You want the rift to be a lvl 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ashrules View Post
    My crafter is max 300, but level 19.
    If he opens rifts at his level... will the rewards be craft loot for level 19 junk OR will it drop useful material that a level 300 crafter would use?
    Seeing as you have to get to level 300 to even do crafting rifts... youd THINK the rewards would be appropriate... but I have a feeling im going to get trash.

confirmations?
    The mats you get are from the level of the rift, i.e. the sort of mats you would use/harvest at that level.

It doesn't affect your chance for a plaque though. I am awash with mats anyway and only have 1 craft rift trade on a 50, she opens a level 50 rift. The others I just wait until they have about 40 lures between them and go and open a whole series of the lowest rifts I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I believe it was mentioned you need to open 44(ish) and higher rifts to get the eternals and other goodies. Lower level rifts will just give you the corresponding level mats. So if you had some higher level friends, I'd guess you could do these crafting rifts as a level 19, though idk if your level of participation affects the mats drop rate, as in go as a healer because you won't be hitting anything. Good luck. Just get the summon banner from a guildy or be prepared to corpse drag (ugh).

Shadowlander

I've been really curious about this, but afraid to test myself: can you actually positively acquire Master Mark's from lower level rifts? The tooltip seems to indicate that you can, without any mention of level. And while i have no use for low level mats ( i have little enough use for the excess high level mats ), it would be interesting to know for certain.
    I've leveled 2 toons from 20-30 doing crafting rifts in Shimmersand, and i can guarantee that your level of contribution is not checked against your level. I received just as many Plaques in that time as i do now, at 50. Just make certain that you're "tagged in" for the rift, before Phase 3, even if you do 1dmg... and continue to do so for 4&5. Your chance of getting a Mark will be the same as anyone else.

I much prefer doing lvl 50 rifts, not for the mats, or the xp, but for the massive amounts of planarite. I must by that 2G+4L Focus before i start leveling; hate to waste essences upgrading the focus.

Closed Thread