+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there any restrictions / limits to crafting on a low level characters?

Champion

Default Are there any restrictions / limits to crafting on a low level characters?

Ideally I'd like my main to gather stuff and provide the materials for my other toons to craft stuff, what I want to know is are all recipes availalbe to low level alts?

The only other MMO I've played is LOTRO and in that certain recipes are only obtainable through getting rep with a faction (and they are bind on aquire) so you have to have a high level toon to get them, plus low levels characters in that have less chance to crit recipes (no idea if you crit recipes in Rift, only been playing a three days), so are there any similar barriers / limits for crafting on a low level character in Rift?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Flimble; 09-28-2011 at 05:24 PM.

You can get all the recipes EXCEPT for the ones requiring reputation with certain factions.
    These exceptions are pretty nice bits of kit, but you can get by without them.
    The exceptions are for sale at each major quest hubs, have a look beforehand if it may be a concern.

Edit, there is no "critting" of recipes either.
    Last edited by Pushy; 09-28-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Amary; Beta 5: Patch Notes 1/24/11
    "Increased the size of mushrooms so they can be seen through grass/groundclutter/badgers."

Telaran

Some recipes are only dropped in dungeons and are bind on pickup. Some of the runecrafting recipes are actually the best ones out there and can't be aquired by low level characters. Outfitter dropped recipes are just blue items not worth making imo. Don't know about other professions.

I'm in the same boat as you - ideally I'd like to have 3 gathering professions on my main and craft on an alt, but as far as at least runecrafting goes, that doesn't work.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Arianera's Avatar

No there are no limits. You can max out to 300 skill on a lvl 6 character (typical min level to get out of tutorial area). You can even get all the way to Zeraph's in Stillmoor to do daily crafting quests on a lvl 6. I have run to all the zones and daily crafting quest hand in areas on a lvl 12. So I'm here to tell ya it IS possible.

It's true that some recipes are drops or not available until the character is level 50. But if you are into alts, it's entirely possible to be completely crafting self sufficient without 4 level 50s. You just won't be able to get all the recipes for a given profession until you are lvl 50.
    Last edited by Arianera; 09-29-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Site Owner of Rift-Craft.com Crafting Guides ~ @RiftCraft - Check out the Rune Search Database!
    Looking for a programmer to help me update Rift-Craft.com to Storm Legion. I could use some help please.
    Chiana 60 Defiant Cleric | Lirra 60 Defiant Rogue | Ruala 60 Defiant mage | members of Dirty Deeds on Faeblight

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pushy View Post
    You can get all the recipes EXCEPT for the ones requiring reputation with certain factions.
    These exceptions are pretty nice bits of kit, but you can get by without them.
    The exceptions are for sale at each major quest hubs, have a look beforehand if it may be a concern.

Edit, there is no "critting" of recipes either.

Depending on the faction and how keen you are on doing dailies, you can get rep with most of the factions by just doing dailies. I have a lvl 16 grandmaster outfitter/runecrafter and master artificer who has/could get the rep recipes from the lantern hook vendor and reclaimers hold guys. I leveled from 6 to 16 by doing nothing but crafting dailies and running to each port point in game.

You're somewhat stuffed when it comes to the good recipes (i.e. instance dropped ones)

I've even managed to get invited to a couple of crafting rifts, much to the amusement of some people
    Last edited by speshial; 09-29-2011 at 03:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread