Closed Thread

Thread: Are there ANY "money making" crafting skills?

Default Are there ANY "money making" crafting skills?

As the title says ;]

I'm a level 1 rogue, probably taking butchering, and might take mining since i heard you can get decent profit from it.
    Was looking for a money making skill.
    I was thinking about runecrafting, since runes are use-able while leveling up to 50, so it's useful and at 300/300 might be a money making possibility? However, I'd have to make a new char for outfitting (level 1 300/300 outfitting lol =D).

Then i thought; I have mining, I could get armorsmithing or weaponsmith. I looked at the recipe book, but, is it really worth making? it costs like 15p to buy all the mats (i believe!) while there are better drops @ experts/bosses, wich are FREE!.

Had a cleric, wich was totally broke ;D.
    Could never sell my hides, while wasting 1p for 12 hours of AH

So my dear question to you wise ones is: Is there ANY crafting (not gathering) class, I could make money with? Also, How can i make profit with butchering. Selling hides (try 24/7) (also should i only sell soulbound or do exotic ones sell?) or make them into leather? or?

Thank you very very much! Been looking on sites for ages with calculations to get of a profit estimation.
    Last edited by Jabbz; 08-27-2011 at 08:40 AM.

If economy matters at all, I play on bloodiron =D

Soulwalker

Getting the top level crafts such as armor/weapons and crafting them for a fee seems to do it for me

Not really a crafting tradeskill but! Artifact hunting with Quantum Sight.
    Last edited by Aluano; 08-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelia View Post
    Getting the top level crafts such as armor/weapons and crafting them for a fee seems to do it for me
    Aren't Raid/Expert instance weapons/armors better then crafted ones? I heard something about that :P or was it just raid drops ;o.
    So you're saying any craftskill would work? armorsmith/weaponsmith/runecrafting/outfitting? [not outfitting since 90% of server has it ]

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Not really a crafting tradeskill but! Artifact hunting with Quantum Sight.
    I probably need level 50 for that? Thanks anyway ^^ any other tips btw?

Rift Disciple

Forget about crafting. Take the three gathering skills and sell the mats. The top levels mats (carmantium, sagebrush, etc... ) sell pretty well.

I make the new 20 hour gathering recipes and make 10p every day just selling those. Takes 2 minutes.

Also do the daily world events and get as many green/ blue artifacts as you can. These are by far the best money makers. You can clean up starting at level 10 doing this. Why players want Thai crap is beyond me but they do.

Crafting is a money sink. You will lose. I only craft on my alts to help with some consumables for my main because I have more plat than I need. Once you have a lot of play you can power level crafting alts cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurg View Post
    Forget about crafting. Take the three gathering skills and sell the mats. The top levels mats (carmantium, sagebrush, etc... ) sell pretty well.

I make the new 20 hour gathering recipes and make 10p every day just selling those. Takes 2 minutes.

Also do the daily world events and get as many green/ blue artifacts as you can. These are by far the best money makers. You can clean up starting at level 10 doing this. Why players want Thai crap is beyond me but they do.

Crafting is a money sink. You will lose. I only craft on my alts to help with some consumables for my main because I have more plat than I need. Once you have a lot of play you can power level crafting alts cheap.
    Hmm, Sounds tempting, however, when I'm level 50 etc, I'd like to have the oppertunity to craft some good endgame gear. But at the same time; What's the real point getting a crafting skill on your main- just make an alt since you dont really need to be a high level :P You do for high level gathering stuff though.

Question; Where/How can i get blue/green artifacts? Is there any special place to obtain them? or just try searching while exping?
    Also, are level 10 green artifacts the same price as level 50 artifacts? (in level 10/50 area's*). Wich price btw? Different for every artifact? 50gold sounds fair?

Gimme -sadface-
    Last edited by Jabbz; 08-28-2011 at 06:21 AM.

You can make money on crafting, but it all depends. As an outfitter/butcher/runecrafter, I can make the items that can be broken down to provide the mat for my runecrafting. The top level outfitter recipes do sell (and the new set item recipes can make good profit). I keep an eye on the auction house prices every day looking for cloth being sold cheaply enough that I can turn a quick profit by making them into bags to sell on the AH. It's not a massive profit, but it adds up over time.

Runecrafting, if you can supply your own mats like I can, is almost pure profit for every rune sold. Prices can fluctuate, and you just have to keep an eye out for the ones that will make the most for you.

And to address a previous post: Sure, the dungeon loot is usually better than crafted gear, but crafted gear is something you can get once you have the money for it (and the new set items are very good). Dungeon gear is something you can only get if you're lucky enough to get it to drop. For example, almost every rogue in my guild has Majolic's purple dagger. No matter how many times I've done expert AP, I've never seen it drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post

I probably need level 50 for that? Thanks anyway ^^ any other tips btw?

Don't need lvl 50 for Quantum Sight, you can buy it at any level for 25k planarite.

nobodys going to buy something they can get for themselves for free and if you have it odds are half the shard does too.
    if your intention is to make money i suggest get a job, if your intention is to play a game, rift is good
    who took my names!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Hmm, Sounds tempting, however, when I'm level 50 etc, I'd like to have the oppertunity to craft some good endgame gear. But at the same time; What's the real point getting a crafting skill on your main- just make an alt since you dont really need to be a high level :P You do for high level gathering stuff though.

Question; Where/How can i get blue/green artifacts? Is there any special place to obtain them? or just try searching while exping?
    Also, are level 10 green artifacts the same price as level 50 artifacts? (in level 10/50 area's*). Wich price btw? Different for every artifact? 50gold sounds fair?
    The easiest way to get green/ blue artifacts is the 50 dragon tear turn in for the curio chest. It takes 2 minutes to do both quests to get the 50 dragon tears. The curio chest will have a random green or blue artifact. You can do this every day. I do it on all of my mains, alts, and mules. Green artifacts can sell from 20g to a few plat depending on rarity. Blues typically go from 2p to 30p+ depending on rarity.

I'm on deepstrike so it will depend.

I have only found about 3 or 4 blue artifacts in the game world but have got around 20+ from the quest turn ins during the world events.
    Last edited by Kurg; 08-28-2011 at 09:20 AM.

The easiest way to get green/ blue artifacts is the 50 dragon tear turn in for the curio chest. It takes 2 minutes to do both quests to get the 50 dragon tears. The curio chest will have a random green or blue artifact. You can do this every day. I do it on all of my mains, alts, and mules. Green artifacts can sell from 20g to a few plat depending on rarity. Blues typically go from 2p to 30p+ depending on rarity.

I'm on deepstrike so it will depend.

I have only found about 3 or 4 blue artifacts in the game world but have got around 20+ from the quest turn ins during the world events.

Hmm thanks :O
    Are daily world event quests the main/best way to get green/blue artifacts? (Since just lookin arround seems to take to long as you said?)
    Also, is it worth it using artifacts myself? (The more expensive ones, i could sell) I mean, since it's that wanted, it should be good, heard you can get items with it. Isn't it worth it using them? Since the good items you get from completing artifact sets are probably worth more then i could pay at the AH.

Thanks!

artificer makes me some good plat =P

What do you ssell with artificer? Rings?

Closed Thread