+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Planar dust costs are too damn high!

Plane Touched

Default Planar dust costs are too damn high!

So is rent, but planar dust is the FoTM

Riveting tale, chap.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Yes? Could you at least say what the prices are on your server or something?

Ascendant

Or even which planar dust you're talking about. Assuming Eternal. Either way, do some rifts and stop buying them then.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Or even which planar dust you're talking about. Assuming Eternal. Either way, do some rifts and stop buying them then.
    They are overpriced. I suppose that reflects the demand for them. Eternals are not the problem. They are easy enough to get - it's worthwhile to collect them yourself and not have to pick them up on the AH. The problem I have is that I certainly don't want to sit there doing twenty rifts far below my level to get a few lower level dusts - it just isn't worth the time it takes to get them. They should behave similar to runecrafter mats - eternals break down to the lowest level dust, all others can be combined to make the next higher level dust. That would help when you have too many of one and not enough of the ones you need.
    As it stands, you have to pay the going rate, or do low level rifts. Rates about doubled after you couldn't get them in daily quests anymore.

Ascendant

Glad I saved up a bunch then.

I still don't get why you're willing to farm lvl 45+ rifts, but not lower level ones which would go much quicker?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Glad I saved up a bunch then.

I still don't get why you're willing to farm lvl 45+ rifts, but not lower level ones which would go much quicker?
    The level 50 rifts also give you a ton of planarite (which I can never get enough of - I use it almost exclusively for buying augments). Even better is the eternal dust for making crafter lures. Low level rifts give a laughable amount of planarite (comparatively), and have nothing for me that is useful except the dust, and even that drops very infrequently. It just seems like, per hour spent, I can net more eternal dust than any other kind of dust, which seems backwards to me considering the value of eternal vs. the others.

I'm not trying to be funny but what are you using the lower dusts for?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I'm not trying to be funny but what are you using the lower dusts for?
    Endless are used for witchweave bags.

I just made some level 32 armor blues for my cleric, one used 6, one used 4 mid level dust, fortunately I have lots stockpiled, but if you're selling on the AH, you'll go through it at a vast rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Endless are used for witchweave bags.

I just made some level 32 armor blues for my cleric, one used 6, one used 4 mid level dust, fortunately I have lots stockpiled, but if you're selling on the AH, you'll go through it at a vast rate.
    Ah same. I use the endless for bags too.

I'm glad I've kept all my dusts. I just haven't used any other than the eternal and endless though. I guess I will when I dress up some alts

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Endless are used for Radiant Accurate and Radiant Sharp Runes. 5 each rune, that's why they aren't cheap.

Funny how both buyer and seller seek to maximize their profits.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Funny how both buyer and seller seek to maximize their profits.
    thats how it always is. person selling it thinks the price is good, person buying it wants dirt cheap or they feel ripped off. some ppl i gotta wonder about tho... makes me think if you gave it away for free they would still be complaining. maybe about you not giving them an extra item just because they came to you.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

5 platinum for an Eternal at the moment on Wolfsbane-Guardian. I just hit 300 Runecrafting and wanted to get that Perpetual Light made so bad, but until I can grind out 30 platinum or hit 50 (only level 40 as of this posting) I'm kinda boned. It's not like I'd really be able to take full advantage of Crafting Rifts until 50 anyway, but It's just the thing about having a nice and shiny thing I can't reach that bugs me. Besides, I have plat to squander on Spellspun Silk for my Outfitting!

Crafting rifts were implemented for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast