Closed Thread

Thread: Major Spellspun Silk Drop Nerf in Stillmoor

Default Major Spellspun Silk Drop Nerf in Stillmoor

Since yesterday, I've noticed that pulls that used to net me 7-12 SSS now give me between 1-3. Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Shadowlander

Not at all
    I still getting at least 1 per kill ...

Soulwalker

This was in the "In Progress" notes, but not in the final notes

"Cloth drop rates for characters without the Outfitting skill have been reduced, while characters who do have Outfitter skill receive a slight increase in the amount of cloth dropped by NPCs."

I farm spellspun for my outfitter.... now I am getting next to nothing and the more days that go by the more annoyed I get at this. If they changed their mind about putting it in at the last minute, it seems to me like it still made it into the patch.

So now to get cloth for her I HAVE to play her..

There are a lot of people who make their money selling mats, they are left out in the cold as well. I know a few people who have JUST the foraging skills, no trade skills, so now they won't get cloth either... this is a lame change IMO.

I'm trying not to whine.. really I am... but it just doesnt seem right that when I am in a group of guildies, they are looting cloth left and right and all I'm getting is a few silver....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaynne View Post
    This was in the "In Progress" notes, but not in the final notes

"Cloth drop rates for characters without the Outfitting skill have been reduced, while characters who do have Outfitter skill receive a slight increase in the amount of cloth dropped by NPCs."

I farm spellspun for my outfitter.... now I am getting next to nothing and the more days that go by the more annoyed I get at this. If they changed their mind about putting it in at the last minute, it seems to me like it still made it into the patch.

So now to get cloth for her I HAVE to play her..

There are a lot of people who make their money selling mats, they are left out in the cold as well. I know a few people who have JUST the foraging skills, no trade skills, so now they won't get cloth either... this is a lame change IMO.

I'm trying not to whine.. really I am... but it just doesnt seem right that when I am in a group of guildies, they are looting cloth left and right and all I'm getting is a few silver....
    And then when you are the only Forager and you get the 5 nodes in the Dungeon all to your self....
    Candy

Yep. Didn't make the release notes.

So I dropped Butcher and picked up Outfitter, and now it's flowing like water once again.

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Yeah this definately stinks. So with time comes change, why for the love of God do they initiate some really rediculous things? Do they really think players are going to spend more time than ever playing this game to level outfitters that can't go into stillmoor to harvest sss? I don't think so. Looks as though I'll need to get all of my toons to lvl50 asap, nope wait, it's summer and considering I have a life and a job out there I'm just getting to the point of logging less and less. I still think Rift is a good game.(Once I thought it was a great game-beta5)
    Last edited by Sarasyn; 06-27-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Banned

Drop rates of cloth from mobs affected by your skill set? That seems like a pretty ridiculous change to me. Pleas,e everyone who reads this make complaints via the in game feedback system. If they wanted the drop rate lower, just lower the drop rate. Other than the class specific quest drops (Exquisite Cloth offers a quest!) there should be one drop rate for all players.

What's next? Butchers don't get bones unless they have Apothecary or Artificer?

I haven't noticed a nerf at all. I was expecting to rarely see cloth drops on my main but they still drop all the time. And my outfitter alt gets tons more cloth than before. It's great.

Rift Disciple

Well, time to level up my alt to 50 then i guess if i want the cloth. i wondered why i was getting sod all with my main (not an outfitter)

Closed Thread