Closed Thread

Thread: Major Catalyst

Rift Disciple

Default Major Catalyst

Obviously in this game there are Minor Catalysts from non-raid instances and other things like rifts, etc. What I'm suggesting as I am sure others have is raid catalysts or "Major Catalysts" that drop from GSB/RoS/HK/etc that can be used to create crafted gear(the recipes of which maybe only drop in raids too?), maybe buy recipes, etc you get the idea.

I think it would give players another thing to work for, stabilize the in game economy with an influx of expensive items(that people can waste all that plat they horde) that cannot be easily gained en masse. Obviously there are downsides such as that raiders won't have access and such to them but I think that's part of the point really is that the people who are bored are the accomplished raiders and this would simply add another facet to raiding and crafting.

As Is aid before, I'm sure it's been suggested but I don't see it being pushed as a real issue so I thought I would start this thread, is anyone really against this?
    Last edited by Nickoli; 06-10-2011 at 01:33 AM.

I fully expect this.

It is the trend, and yes, while catering to the accomplished raider who is bored, it follows the path we are seeing anyway and offers nothing whatsoever to the non raider, explorer, gatherer, dedicated crafter who has been extremely bored for over a month. But that person is likely to not be around anymore anyway. So yeah, fill ya' boots.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Obviously there are downsides such as that raiders won't have access and such to them but I think that's part..
    Oops just noticed..meant to say: Obviously there are downsides such as that NON-raiders

And to the person above me you are correct in that realistically if you don't raid in this game there isn't an amazing amount of things to do and will probably leave or has left already which is shame but not much can be done.

Ascendant

We don't need 'raider-only' crafting.

Closed Thread