Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Artificers "Diamond Icon" and "Jagged Lightstone" Hours to farm the 4 needed

Exclamation Artificers "Diamond Icon" and "Jagged Lightstone" Hours to farm the 4 needed

I have look at all the other crafting weekly quests and I am a big gatherer too. The "Diamond Icon" for the Artificers crafting weekly quest is way out of line, compared to all other crafting weeklys, for time spent on gathering mats.

The main concern is the Jagged Lightstone x4. This is the breakdown in a perfect RNG world:

The Jagged Lightstone have a 50% drop rate from Lightspar Agate. Smooth Lightstone is the other gem that drops.

The Lightspar Agate has a 10% drop rate from gathering Orichalcum Ore. Every 10 ore I gather I get 1 Agate.

I need to farm 8 Lightspar Agate to get my 4 Jagged Lightstone.

I need to farm 80 Orichalcum Ore to get my 8 Lightspar Agate.

1-3 Orichalcum Ore ore can drop from a Orichalcum node. If I average it out to 2 Orichalcum Ore per node I need to find 40 Orichalcum nodes per week just to do my weekly.

I know of the 2-3 spawns that happen every 10 minutes. If ALL 3 happen to be up, and no one else is farming, then it still takes about 2 hours 10 mins of just farming Orichalcum Ore to get the 4 Jagged Lightstones for my crafting weekly. And this is with a perfect RNG.

These things are never in the AH because you can't farm them fast enough. I do like the rarity of the Smooth and Jagged Lightstones for crafting. But the Diamond Icon for the Artificer crafting weekly takes 5-10 times as long as other weekly crafting quests, and is the only quest that you can't go to the AH an buy all the mats due the the rarity of the stones.

This really needs to be addressed.

I have not looked into how long it take to farm the other gathered mat 8 Brilliant Diamonds from Carmintium Ore. This may be a big chunk of time too.
    Metamucilos... Helps keep you Regulos!

i agree this is ridiculous ! i also dont know where you are mining that it respawns every 10 minutes... I stood at one for about 3 hours and only got like 5 spawns.

Soulwalker

Do u just want them to mail you a diamond icon every week?

Your getting a plaque in additon to a lure so why would it be easy. You can also get another plaque from the artificer rift you open with the lure. So you are getting 1 and possibly 2 plaques a week by making these.

Im having no trouble at all making 2-3 diamond icons a week and I really only spend an hour or 2 every couple days farming the ore. Its alot easy to get plaques this way then doing your daily which you can go weeks without getting 1 plaque.

Look around Channel of Labors if you need Orichalcum. The wolf area in Stillmoor for the Carmintium.

have you done any of the other weekly quests? apothecary's only need a few twilight blooms to do theirs. ours is very mat heavy is the point. I have no idea how you an make "2-3" per week and only farm "1-2 hours every couple of days" ... in the past 3 days I have spent approximately 18 hours farming orichalcum and have only gotten the 4 jagged lightstones it takes to make ONE focus.

Soulwalker

I'm an artificer and I don't mine. It costs me at least 50 plat for the lightstones, compared to the outfitter lure which I can just make with drops from mobs.

Champion

Trion has some misconceptions when it comes to the Jagged Lightstone it seems, kinda like how you need 10 of the things for the weekly mining quest.

Quote Originally Posted by dpomsc View Post
    Do u just want them to mail you a diamond icon every week?

Your getting a plaque in additon to a lure so why would it be easy. You can also get another plaque from the artificer rift you open with the lure. So you are getting 1 and possibly 2 plaques a week by making these.

Im having no trouble at all making 2-3 diamond icons a week and I really only spend an hour or 2 every couple days farming the ore. Its alot easy to get plaques this way then doing your daily which you can go weeks without getting 1 plaque.

Look around Channel of Labors if you need Orichalcum. The wolf area in Stillmoor for the Carmintium.
    I would really like to see all other weekly crafting quests take as many hours of running circles as the Artificer crafting weekly does, that is all I am saying. And yes that is the spot I am talking about.

Hard does not = time sink.

Plane Touched

So you're saying I should open those stacks of Lightspar Agate I have in the vault?

No one else finds the Artificer weekly a little brutal? Or at least all other crafting weekly a are just too Damn easy and need to take stuff like cores and Dark Pith?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    No one else finds the Artificer weekly a little brutal? Or at least all other crafting weekly a are just too Damn easy and need to take stuff like cores and Dark Pith?
    Quest that is only once a week, that you have a whole week to get the materials for....

Takes a long time?

Confused.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    Quest that is only once a week, that you have a whole week to get the materials for....

Takes a long time?

Confused.
    My weaponsmithing weekly requires 6 Shadethorn and 4 Orichalcum. My apothecary is 8 Tempestflower and 2 Darkened Bone. I can practically complete those quests from the reward bags of my crafting dailies over the course of a week. Sure it's doable in the time frame without question (just farm one a day until the weekend) but the weeklies are a joke by comparison and the effort for each should be equal.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    1-3 Orichalcum Ore ore can drop from a Orichalcum node. If I average it out to 2 Orichalcum Ore per node I need to find 40 Orichalcum nodes per week just to do my weekly.
    I spent an evening farming three nodes in IPP and came away with three stacks of ore and many agates (no idea just how many), those nodes were spawning more frequently than 10 mins.
    Last edited by Kerin; 05-26-2011 at 06:52 AM.

There is 4 ori ore spawns in the IPP farming spot the thing most people fail to understand is that they dont spawn at a fixed rate (was a change in some patches ago possible to make it harder to make a efficient route)

so lets say that all 4 spawns are there and you pick them all up with 20 seconds between them. doesn't mean that they will spawn with 20 seconds interval instead the last one you mined could be the one spawning first next time. Timer is usually a couple of minutes.

And trust me i've done extensive testing while on night duty at work XD

Ascendant

Dont nerf the artificer weekly!

I can make like 20p each week selling some of the lightstones i had stockpiled right when the quest resets

But then again, i did have to mine like 600 orichalcum nobody wanted in order to get the cinerium recipe, hence all the lightstones.

WTB more eternal dust drops so i dont have to shell out 30p at the end of the week to rush to finish the quest before it resets after a week of casual rifting, artifact hunting, and dungeons. (why the hell is the droprate for eternal dust like 1 per 3 50 rifts, if lucky?)

Rift Disciple

Really, I spend more time getting the Eternal Planars than lightstone...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast