Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Planar Dust

Default Eternal Planar Dust

I'm sure this has come up so feel free to merge the threads, I do not come to this sub-forum often and I'm not going to read through all the topics.

I feel like eternal planar dust is far too difficult to obtain at the moment, and at least on my server the price has been driven so high on these dusts that it is inpractical to craft items with recipe's that include eternal planar dust.

It's not profitable to buy eternal planar dust because it is so expensive, sometimes even more expensive than the items you craft using eternal planar dust. With the nerf to corrupted / malformed souls, you can't exactly grind expert or raid rifts anymore, so you're really only left to grind regular rifts. And the drop rate is rather poor. With this item being in such high demand and on such low supply, the prices will only increase and unless changes are made using consumables become more and more difficult.

You need to re-think the recipes for a lot of these items. I speak mostly from an Apothecary standpoint, and it's terrible at the moment. For example, it shouldn't cost you 7 platinum to craft 1 black dye, but that's what the prices are right now. Nobody in there right mind is going to craft black dye when eternal planar dusts are so rare. I need to make consumables, and nobody is bying black dye at such a steep price.

I use black dye as an example because it's easy to see how out of control a cosmetic item has become, but the issue lies among many important potions that are becoming harder and harder to craft as well.

Telaran

Eternal Dust has been a staple of my income for a little while now. I usually try to farm 10-15 a day to put on the AH. A guildmate of mine asked me if she could buy some from me for a reduced price. I told her sure, but I can show you were to farm them and even help you get some for free. She agreed.

I took her to the earth rifts in western shimmersand. We closed 3 rifts to the 6th bonus stage (she's a cleric and I'm a warrior). In those 3 rifts, which took abotu 30 min total, she got the 4 eternal dust she needed.

Moral of the story. they aren't rare... at all.

Soulwalker

Yes, dust use in apothecary recipes is a bit out of control. No, it really isn't too uncommon for it's other uses. Primarily, since they fixed the Earth Rifts in shimmersand to give more than just planarite. It's now a consistantly farmable area for planar dust, as all the rifts over there are level 50, have a chance to award it upon closing, and it also drops off all the mobs in said rifts (except the little extra mobs like wisps). I get 3-6/hour out there no problem.

Update: The problem with it's general availability outside of shimmersand is a huge lack of level 50 rifts that are accessible in limited timeframes. 50s are super rare in Iron Pine, and far apart both in distance and time in Stillmoor, comparatively.
    Last edited by Ayrriko; 05-01-2011 at 09:29 PM.

I'm sorry but 4 in 30 minutes is far from common, since many recipes require at least 2 eternal planar dusts.

I can get 30+ twilight bloom roots in 30 minutes, to get the same result for eternal planar dusts you would need a full raid and even then you probably couldn't do it quick enough.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I'm sorry but 4 in 30 minutes is far from common, since many recipes require at least 2 eternal planar dusts.

I can get 30+ twilight bloom roots in 30 minutes, to get the same result for eternal planar dusts you would need a full raid and even then you probably couldn't do it quick enough.
    And for non-consumables, a couple items every hour for items of their potency is not unreasonable.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrriko View Post
    And for non-consumables, a couple items every hour for items of their potency is not unreasonable.
    I totally agree. Dusts are dropping at a fair rate. They just need to be removed from consumable recipes (HELLO POTIONS).

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    Eternal Dust has been a staple of my income for a little while now. I usually try to farm 10-15 a day to put on the AH. A guildmate of mine asked me if she could buy some from me for a reduced price. I told her sure, but I can show you were to farm them and even help you get some for free. She agreed.

I took her to the earth rifts in western shimmersand. We closed 3 rifts to the 6th bonus stage (she's a cleric and I'm a warrior). In those 3 rifts, which took abotu 30 min total, she got the 4 eternal dust she needed.

Moral of the story. they aren't rare... at all.
    That. Plus if you do even 2 major invasion u can farm it easily. I set up an invasion channel on my server where people actual shout if there is an invasion to make even more easy.
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Plane Walker

I got 10 in 2 hours of planarite farming on my alt. That isn't too bad. Eternal dust doesn't drop as often because they are some what rare and needed for a lot of crafting. That is WHY they are rare. Think if any joe blow could go farm 10 eternals in 10 minutes. Everyone would be rolling around in full crafted gear. Which half the raiders in this game already do.

Rift Disciple

Pretty sure they are upping the invasions and rift events with 1.2. I would imagine that will make these a little easier to come by.

Lol I had 2 stacks of these in my bank just from doing invasions and stuff. Thanks to this thread I've made 120p so far still got a stack left

(Gear)

Eternal planar dust is so easy to get. seeing these threads just shows that the OP is lazy and needs to l2p!

Just farm minor 48+ rifts and they start drop eventually

Rift Disciple

There are generally half a dozen level 50 major rifts (plus a few minors of the same level) open in NW Shimmersand. Take a friend or two and farm up all the Eternal dust you like.

Last night I closed about 10 rifts on the dunes in shimmer. I got a whopping total of SIX eternal planar dust. THis drop rate is horrid! I need six just to craft one of these:

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B482B7CE...01/Eviscerator

Apparently, were all fools for thinking that we could become crafters and make some plat in this game. Trion played us all. Buy EPD off the AH at 4P each brings the total for this daggar to 24P already. Add in the other ingredients and I have no room for profit. No one is going to pay more than 40P for this dagger. We wasted out time doing the daillies, and mining for hours....because as it stands, we wont turn a profit.

TO top it off, this dagger is broken, as it has an issue which causes it not to Proc poisons. Damn I feel like a fool. How many hours did I waste?

Thanks for ruining my valuable game time, TRION.

EDIT: The people saying we need to L2P if were not getting eternal planar dust, which server do you play on, because on Harrow ETD is definetely not dropping at any respectable rate. If it is for you then I am happy for you but to belittle others because they are not getting it just shows how childish you are.
    Last edited by sosus; 05-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    I got 10 in 2 hours of planarite farming on my alt. That isn't too bad. Eternal dust doesn't drop as often because they are some what rare and needed for a lot of crafting. That is WHY they are rare. Think if any joe blow could go farm 10 eternals in 10 minutes. Everyone would be rolling around in full crafted gear. Which half the raiders in this game already do.
    so....basically you're saying that they gave us professions where it is so difficult to earn money off of, they are of no practical use, and your okay with this, because some things should be "rare"?

No one buys are normal weapons off the AH because all the stuff they get from drops is just as good or better than anything non purple that we can craft.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast