Closed Thread

Thread: Where to get Augments

Default Where to get Augments

As I am prepping my mats for my level 50 craftables, I am unclear where to get higher level augments. More specifically, Thick or Shimmering Naga Scale. Do these only drop from level 50 rifts or invasions? Are they farmable anywhere?

Thanks!!

Shadowlander

You can buy Planar Augment Boxes from a vendor in Sanctum. There are 4 box ranks I believe. The rare boxes can be bought for 500 planarite and contain one rare quality augment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavarir View Post
    You can buy Planar Augment Boxes from a vendor in Sanctum. There are 4 box ranks I believe. The rare boxes can be bought for 500 planarite and contain one rare quality augment.
    Ahh I wondered how that worked. Now I am guessing it is a random augment for 500? So as a caster, for the 500 I could end up with a melee augment or does it give an augment specific to your class?

Shadowlander

You betcha. I spent 7500 planarite the other day trying to get the dex/crit augment. Never got it first or last.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavarir View Post
    You betcha. I spent 7500 planarite the other day trying to get the dex/crit augment. Never got it first or last.
    Not good news! I guess the AH is the way to go then.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind1 View Post
    Not good news! I guess the AH is the way to go then.
    I kinda like the system. Gives planarite some value in the endgame. The way I approach it if I want a particular aug is to decide how much planarite i'm willing to dump and then buy the chests. I hang on to the ones I like and AH the rest. From there you just need to monitor the AH over time and snatch up the augs you want when you see them at a good price. A little frustrating when you are impatient like me but you should only really be going through the hastle for gear that you intend to wear for a long time. Planarite caps out at 30k so I expect that over time as people try to cash in their planarite that we'll see the availability of augs go up and the price go down.

Rift Disciple

My experience with those random augment boxes:

(need int/sp/sp crit augment)

Attempt 1 - A pure adrenalite. I don't have any patterns for DPS warrior gear. But maybe it will sell. Not too bad I guess.

Attempt 2 - Another pure adrenalite. Ugh. Not another.

Attempt 3 - Pliable Gravemaker hide. Cleric tank augment...wow I bet there's HUGE demand for that.

Attempt 4 - Supple Centaur Tail....wait, what?!? Is the tooltip on that wrong? That's got to be a mistake.

Attempt 5 - Pure adrenalite again.

Out of planarite.

I don't go to Vegas because of things like this.

Soulwalker

Don't forget to have the really worthless ones runebroken by yourself, an alt, or a guildy. Waste not want not.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maiv View Post
    Don't forget to have the really worthless ones runebroken by yourself, an alt, or a guildy. Waste not want not.
    They can be runebroken? I didn't even think to try that....and here I was wondering where I'm going to get Sparkling Powder from for my high-level artificer recipes. Thanks for the tip!

I got two epic augments today in stillmoor doing life rifts. Might be my lucky day.

Now only if I could get a weaponsmith plaque I could then use it.

Where is the vendor in Sanctum?

On Defiant side, he stands right next to the guy who gives crafting dailies. Impossible to miss him.

I haven't been able to find him in Sanctum though, maybe I'm blind.
    Spoiled like you wouldn't believe.
    Casual, badass gamer.
    Bored of WoW, not much time to play anyway.
    Deleted 6 level 80s before Cata. Good riddance!

Closed Thread