Closed Thread

Thread: Where is the Oak!!!

Soulwalker

Default Where is the Oak!!!

Where is the Oak.

2nd morning I've been looking for enough for a craft task and very little there is to find. I fond Ashwood & Mahogany.

It does no good for me, a high level character to be picking up all the Mahogany just so I can get oak to spawn.

Now I know why I use to seen high level characters having ganking all the mobs. It's the only way for them to collect some of the resources they need.

Soulwalker

I'm not the only one with the problem. I check the auctions and there is no oak for sell. Every other type of wood but no oak.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Arianera's Avatar

Stonefield is a great place to forage Oak. Try the area along the mountain side from DSM and Camp Fergos.
    Site Owner of Rift-Craft.com Crafting Guides ~ @RiftCraft - Check out the Rune Search Database!
    Looking for a programmer to help me update Rift-Craft.com to Storm Legion. I could use some help please.
    Chiana 60 Defiant Cleric | Lirra 60 Defiant Rogue | Ruala 60 Defiant mage | members of Dirty Deeds on Faeblight

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the advice- I am having the same problem. However, I went where you suggested and found nothing. Perhaps this lack of oak is a recent problem?

http://www.riftmap.com/

this helps a lot when it comes to finding things
    "What if it is He, pushing us down with his Noodly Appendages, that causes this force?...And the fact that the Gravitational powers of the Spaghetti Monster haven't been disproven makes it all the more likely to be true."

- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Rift Disciple

OK after another hour or so of searching I found 2 oak nodes, one on the way to the Lost Valley from Camp Fergos (guarded by a level 26 elemental that I couldn't kill) and the other around the Harrow. That node gave me one oak log, and I couldn't find it again after coming back 30 mins or so later (although that could be because someone may have farmed it). In my opinion that is far far too few. If anyone knows other locations please let me/us all know. All I need it about 10 pieces so I can make my oak shortbow and then the longbow and I'll be happy.

Rift Disciple

Xiahoudun, thanks for that link! It looks like there should be heaps of oak in Stonefield according to that map, but I was all over those locations and only found the two nodes I mentioned previously. I'll go back and check again though.

I remember having a hard time with Oak as well. I was glad once I leveled past it and didn't get any more Oak dailies.

Shadowlander

I think the biggest issue is that some nodes are 'dual' nodes. I mostly see it with iron/silver but I suppose it is there for oak as well. I used some oak, but thankfully as a miner/forager/weaponscrafter I was able to skill out of that zone with other mats.

Quote Originally Posted by epdagger View Post
    Where is the Oak.

2nd morning I've been looking for enough for a craft task and very little there is to find. I fond Ashwood & Mahogany.

It does no good for me, a high level character to be picking up all the Mahogany just so I can get oak to spawn.

Now I know why I use to seen high level characters having ganking all the mobs. It's the only way for them to collect some of the resources they need.
    This is a very good question. As a Defiant, I only ever found it in the the area of Stonefield that is west of the Deepstrike Mines. This doesn't mean that it can be elsewhere, of course, but it isn't in Freemarch and it isn't in Scarlet Gorge, so our only hope to look for the thing as we level is Stonefield.

Like silver, it is anything but plentiful and I don't think this is because high-level characters are going after the nodes. Oak seems to just be rather rare.

Rift Disciple

Update: Thank you again for posting the link to that map with the locations of different resources! I went back and was easily able to find the oak I needed, took me about 20 mins to collect 12 pieces or so. Oak tends to be guarded by monsters or in very inaccessible places which is probably why its so hard to find.

Rift Disciple

It's here and there in Gloamwood, too.

Closed Thread