+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iron Ore Temporarily Disabled

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Driavna View Post
    Hope you will fix this soon, because for me it's a important annoyance being force to ignore crafting skills while leveling. For sure other people find themselves in the same situation.
    I agree.
    I'm the kind of player, I like leveling my skills with my Current level. Unfortunatly this "fix" is far more of a problem then the exploit it some sucker got lucky. Iron has always been the hardest for me to find, and having to go out for several hours BEFORE you guys said anything about it being disabled and trying to find it was horrid. Then to hear about this. Pls for the love of god, Do a hot fix on this, and don't wait for the Next patch. This is an important part of the game for some people and, having it this way for a week or more waiting on a patch is more then just a little upsetting...

Soulwalker

There are several players on Belmont who are advertising that they have 20+ stacks of Iron Ore for sale. I sent one player a tell and he said "oh I have plenty I got 25 "...

Permaban them from your game or delete all the iron ore that was gathered in the past 1-2 days. Do research on players who made 1000 plat over night because there is people who are making this kind of money whereas the honest players barely have enough for a level 40 mount by level 40.

Pathetic.

Edit: I have 2 chars who are miners and have gone through the "Grind" that is the Iron levels. It took me on my first character about 5 hours to go from 80-115 this is 35 nodes. I really hope the Devs crack down on these players because the economy is trashed already from all the exploits (dye, runecrafting etc.).
    Last edited by Claire Voyant; 04-01-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Seriously this is just straight garbage. "Temporarily disabled" ? No. You broke it without saying so in the patch notes that you would be fixing it... then when enough people complain you have a community assistant instead of a Dev come and say hey it's temporarily disabled and you'll just have to wait till the next patch untill we fix this game breaking bug. Complete BS. You know when you take your car into a shop to get it worked on they have a physical hard copy checklist of things they check off to make sure it was done right. Do the devs actually check off the aspects of this game before releasing a patch? Just curious. Even if you knew it was an exploit/bug, problem, whatever before you released the patch the f'ing smart thing to do would have been to wait untill you fixed something like this before letting the patch go live.

Telaran

Honestly we have to wait until the next patch to get this fixed? Not a hotfix but a patch? Um how long do you expect this to take?

There has to be some solution for those who have armorsmiths or any other crafting profession that absolutely relies upon this material to be able to level while you fix the bug you created.

Cant you lower the skill level needed to craft Chromite and raise the level that copper turns green until you fix the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DimAnomaly View Post
    you have a community assistant instead of a Dev come
    And this matters why?

This is the kind of thing community reps are for.

Also, the original post mentioned hotfix, and looking in the patch notes section right now first line is "Iron Ore will also be re-enabled after this update".

Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    One of my guildies mined 1k ore from a single node. I think the disable was necessary...
    Well he should have a few hundred plat in the next couple of days.Lucky bastage

Trion, I apologize on behalf of all the people that will whine about anything.

Keep up the great work! Me, my friends and my guildies all love and support the game!

Hey all,

Iron Ore has been re-enabled on all NA shards. EU shards will receive the update to resolve the issue mentioned later today.

Thanks again for your patience while we resolved this matter - have a great day and happy mining!

The players who exploit such bugs should be banned. No argument needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    Well he should have a few hundred plat in the next couple of days.Lucky bastage
    Hopefully he has a suspension & rollback, actually.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

General of Telara

There is an obvious exploit. Theres a guy on my server with 1000 bars for sale. Should I report him or does Trion already know who was doing the exploiting?

Soulwalker

Seastone have one player selling 400 iron bars, only he sell it.

Exploit a bug=permban

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Minotauro View Post
    Seastone have one player selling 400 iron bars, only he sell it.

Exploit a bug=permban
    Im on seastone hes selling 1,000 lol. I reported him though hopefully GMs will ban him. Also anyone who bought from him should receive a suspension as well. Its like buying stolen property if a guy has that much for sale its obvious he obtained it illegally and you shouldnt have bought it.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 04-01-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Im on seastone hes selling 1,000 lol. I reported him though hopefully GMs will ban him. Also anyone who bought from him should receive a suspension as well. Its like buying stolen property if a guy has that much for sale its obvious he obtained it illegally and you shouldnt have bought it.
    Well, just because someone goes to the AH and buys a stack of Iron Bars/Ore doesn't make the buyer a crook/hack/cheat. Hell, 1/2 the time I buy on the AH I just sort by price and buy what I need. I rarely read through it all to see how much is still there.

Buyers most of the time are not going to be aware of any wrong doing. Banning them would be bad taste.
    Dru

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast