+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Upcoming Crafting Updates

Soulwalker

Exclamation Upcoming Crafting Updates

The crafting forums have been abuzz with a lot of issues and feedback and we wanted to check in and let you know that we are listening. We’re working diligently to get in a slew of fixes and tweaks by our next major patch. Here’s a preview of just a few issues we’re addressing:

Better Faction Recipes – Any recipes rewarded from factions that used to be Uncommon are now Rare (Blue)!
    Better Potion Cooldown Groups – There was an issue with potions which caused them all to be on the same cooldown. They have now been divided into groups to make them more useable.
    Better Harvesting Rates – Wood, Ore, and Plant resources have gotten a major tweak. There should be more resources with quicker respawns throughout the world.
    Outfitter Supply Bags – These should no longer award Wood and Metal, but Cloth and Leather.
    Parchment & Vellum – These recipes will be available from Artificer Trainers and useable at Looms.

There are also numerous bug fixes that will accompany the above changes. Details and specifics on these fixes will be included in their patch notes. In addition to this we still have a number of issues we’d like to address that will show up in future patches these include (but are not limited to):

Endgame Apothecary Recipe Fixes – Replace the hyper expensive materials (Catalysts & Essences) in some of our high level apothecary recipes with something more reasonable.
    Daily Quest Objectives – A number of daily quests require disproportionate difficulty items to complete (Such as Distillate) we’ll be reviewing a number of these and cleaning them up to be more in line with other work orders.
    Runecrafting Materials – Right now certain materials are in much higher demand (kinetics) while others have an excess. We’ll be reviewing all of the rune crafting recipes to see what we can do to even out this demand for materials.
    Broken Recipes – We’ve found a number of recipes that require ingredients that no longer drop in the world, we’ll be finding and fixing these shortly.
    Tradeskill Plaques – We realize the random nature of plaques can be frustrating at times, so we’re going to take a look at plaque deliver & cost and see what we can do to make this more enjoyable without trivializing the effort needed to obtain them.
    Salvaging Bones & Gems – Items shall now drop bone and gem bits, which are used in some of the Artificer temporary items.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Telaran

Thanks for the update.

Soulwalker

This is awesome! Thank you very much.

Thanks for the update... but two things/requests/suggestions:

Please don't make the highest level mats and recipes "too easy" to get. The ones now impossible should be made easier, but don't make them "ordinary".

Secondly, please make the crafting system work so that, if a player crafts the highest tier weapon or armor, and uses the best runes and augments craftable, the resulting item is better than anything available by questing or from NPC's.

Make it REAL hard, make it real rare... add items above and beyond what's already in the game if needed, but please make crafted goods better than anything else...

...and make them decay.

Make crafting important...

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Really looking forward to this. Great changes.
    Vhoux - Incarnate - Retired '10
    Remedy - Ashstone(PvP) - Guardian - Current
    "Don't try to cover the sky with the palm of your hand"

YAYYYYY!

See, this is why I've not been worrying too much, because I was pretty sure you guys would just magically fix everything.

Rift Chaser

Not sure if it is one of the fixes but the windstealing rune from storm inquisition rep quartermaster says its requires zephyrian collective: decorated. I assume this is supposed to be storm inquisition: decorated since its only item with a different reputation than the quartermaster offering it. I cannot purchase it under its current requirement, hope to see a fix. Thanks!
    Last edited by Greggatron; 03-24-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Runecrafting UI

Great in all but still missing Runecrafting UI changes. Having everything lumped together and sorted by skill (some of the lower tier are mixed in with higher tier because of this) makes it a real headache to find the rune you need to craft. Please separate by slot rune can enhance (feet & chest, chest & shoulders, main/off and & ranged, etc) then sort by name so all the same tier are together.

Rift Disciple

Any chance for the rare ore/wood and leather quest drops to become tradeable or a little more common? Hell, I would even purchase them with artisan or special gathering marks if they were added. I have put 2 characters through Artificing Armor and Weaponsmithing and farmed every copper, chromite, iron and cobalt node I come across and have yet to find one recipe for bronze, steel or darkmetal...

Rift Disciple

Good stuff.

I'm still hoping they make apothocary really meaningful by removing the dye vendor, or at least removing the popular colors from the vendor.

Honestly, I'd love to see a weekly crafting quest at Master level that awards a plaque for handing in large stacks of mats, such as 200 soulbind leather or 600 uncommon crystals or something of the like. It would give a very slight rate of acquisition that doesn't put you at RNG mercy, and it would help to make those items feel a bit more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalman View Post
    Great in all but still missing Runecrafting UI changes. Having everything lumped together and sorted by skill (some of the lower tier are mixed in with higher tier because of this) makes it a real headache to find the rune you need to craft. Please separate by slot rune can enhance (feet & chest, chest & shoulders, main/off and & ranged, etc) then sort by name so all the same tier are together.
    I concur. It would be nice to be able to sort our list based on Stat and/or Slot as well.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Seems like good stuff, I'd really like to have sort by stat and/or slot for runes though both on the Auction House and in our Runecrafting window, as-is the thing's just a mess .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

I concur with the need for changes to the runecrafting list. I hit 300 runecrafting the other day, and I'm lucky if I can find a new recipe (from marks) in the list when I learn it.

Great job on the updates, Trion.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kalman View Post
    +1. In addition to separating by slot, also allow us to sort by stat enhanced (Str, Wis, Crit etc).
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast