Closed Thread

Thread: Cloth and leather farming

Soulwalker

Default Cloth and leather farming

Anyone have any advice for farming cloth or leather (preferably AoE) for various levels? Did a search and didn't find anything

you could kill stuff and loot it, then skin it....just saying. Thats just what i do

Go out and look for a decent concentration of mobs that are either skinnable or drop cloth. Proceed to farm.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

It seems every zone has a few areas with high concentrations of either skinnable or humanoid mobs with relatively quick repop rates. Find the area you're comfortable with for AoE grinding and go to it.

Soulwalker

Okay, I judging by what the OP wrote (and general common sense) it seems he knows that you need to find mobs to kill and loot... I think what he's asking is for some advice on particular areas that fit this description for the various level bands.

Replying with a sarcastic remark telling him to kill stuff and loot it doesnt help anyone. Some pople have said they've found areas with both high mob concentration and spawn rates; perhaps you could share with us where these locations are? That is if you can remember, a rough description of the area and/or what mobs were there would help I'm sure, and a waypoint would be even better.

"you could kill stuff and loot it, then skin it....just saying. Thats just what i do" <---- not helpful to anyone

I'm a level 43 Necro on my main at the moment and I've been having trouble progressing with outfitter since I now need Spellspun Silk and Soulbind Hide. I found that just south of the Eye of Regulos in Stillmoor was pretty good for hide, lots of lv49 hounds wandering around close to the road. Its not exactly a fast AoE kind of farming area but the area iss relatively safe, the mobs spawn as fast as I cna kill them and its easy to pull just a single mob; which is crucial if you're farming outside of your normal level range.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Turel View Post
    Okay, I judging by what the OP wrote (and general common sense) it seems he knows that you need to find mobs to kill and loot... I think what he's asking is for some advice on particular areas that fit this description for the various level bands.

Replying with a sarcastic remark telling him to kill stuff and loot it doesnt help anyone. Some pople have said they've found areas with both high mob concentration and spawn rates; perhaps you could share with us where these locations are? That is if you can remember, a rough description of the area and/or what mobs were there would help I'm sure, and a waypoint would be even better.

"you could kill stuff and loot it, then skin it....just saying. Thats just what i do" <---- not helpful to anyone

I'm a level 43 Necro on my main at the moment and I've been having trouble progressing with outfitter since I now need Spellspun Silk and Soulbind Hide. I found that just south of the Eye of Regulos in Stillmoor was pretty good for hide, lots of lv49 hounds wandering around close to the road. Its not exactly a fast AoE kind of farming area but the area iss relatively safe, the mobs spawn as fast as I cna kill them and its easy to pull just a single mob; which is crucial if you're farming outside of your normal level range.

Hope that helps!
    Most quest hubs will have you kill x amount of humanoid (cloth drops) and beast (hide drops). I've never had to intentionally go out and find a farming area, you'll run across them just riding around or questing.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakybuffalo View Post
    Anyone have any advice for farming cloth or leather (preferably AoE) for various levels? Did a search and didn't find anything

It would be more helpful if you would share what kind of cloth and what kind of leather you're looking to farm....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Most quest hubs will have you kill x amount of humanoid (cloth drops) and beast (hide drops). I've never had to intentionally go out and find a farming area, you'll run across them just riding around or questing.
    What if you need a specific material that isnt within your level range? For example: craft leaders for guilds might want to farm a ton of wool and silk to make bags for guildies etc, but they may already be lv50 and want to find a decent spot to farm.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CircularVirus View Post

It would be more helpful if you would share what kind of cloth and what kind of leather you're looking to farm....
    The "various levels" suggests he's looking for info on any/all cloth and hide materials.

The Guardian mobs on the bridge over Scarlet Gorge between Stonefield and Scarwood Reach drop Wool. There are many mobs close together and they spawn fast.

I'm currently grinding for the Imbued Leather quest item at these locations in Shimmersand. They are also really good spots to farm soulhide and ironhide. High pop of dogs around 5500,7345. Then there's a ton of drakes between the cliffs of 5400,6920 and 5275,7085.
    "Grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

Closed Thread