Closed Thread

Thread: Pristine Distillate

Rift Disciple

Default Pristine Distillate

Has anyone found this yet? If so, off of which herbs? I'm trying to get some potions/flasks for guildies ready to go, but I can't seem to find the quest item to obtain this recipe.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Has anyone found this yet? If so, off of which herbs? I'm trying to get some potions/flasks for guildies ready to go, but I can't seem to find the quest item to obtain this recipe.
    I got it today and learned it today off a Roc Orchid I believe either that or Tattertwist, one of the two.

BTW, this is a major problem with Apothecary profession.
    I'll explain:
    I'm apothecary 230/300 and now my daily quests need Pristine Distillate (for Major Bottles of Critical Striking).
    But I'm not Forager, all my profession progress was done by help of my guildmates - lots of them took Foraging for wood gathering.

So, how am I going to find that quest item for Pristine Distillate if I'm not a Forager?
    And why in Daily quests for profession there are recipes that can't be acquired by my profession?
    What do I need to do to complete daily quests? Drop some other profession and learn Foraging just to find that particular quest item?
    : Aecid [RusCorp] :: http://forum.rus-corp.ru :

Aecid, if your not a forager ALL your components are unobtainable for you so this rare harvest from these herbs matters not, you will have to have guildies provide or look on AH im afraid.

As for me I was curious how to get this item, there is another distilite item in recipes around 170+ skill mainly the raidwide buffs etc so ill just keep on foraging to get them, thanks for posting the info stokedforrift
    Firesand Shard | Guardian | Drankor the 'Reaver', Manuell the 'Bard' | Ordo Arietis

Benjamin Franklin: "Energy and persistence alter all things." - From the quote on my can of relentless

Soulwalker

Hmmm i think the Pure drops of Tattertwist and thta other one!! Not for me but for others it seems to do!! BUT the "quest" is bound!!

SO if you're not forager you'll never get it... Not sure if it's the same with the Pristine Distillate, but if it's the case you've got to wait till someone is putting the product on AH since you won't be able to find it yourself (or make).

I'll skip the pure ... no luck sofar..and that's a longgg sofar

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmore View Post
    Hmmm i think the Pure drops of Tattertwist and thta other one!! Not for me but for others it seems to do!! BUT the "quest" is bound!!

SO if you're not forager you'll never get it... Not sure if it's the same with the Pristine Distillate, but if it's the case you've got to wait till someone is putting the product on AH since you won't be able to find it yourself (or make).

Yep lots of butchering Quest starters on AH but nothing for foragers. Ive been foraging in moorshade all day 100+ of both the herbs and nada, ultra rare.
    Firesand Shard | Guardian | Drankor the 'Reaver', Manuell the 'Bard' | Ordo Arietis

Benjamin Franklin: "Energy and persistence alter all things." - From the quote on my can of relentless

Quote Originally Posted by Aecid View Post
    BTW, this is a major problem with Apothecary profession.
    I'll explain:
    I'm apothecary 230/300 and now my daily quests need Pristine Distillate (for Major Bottles of Critical Striking).
    But I'm not Forager, all my profession progress was done by help of my guildmates - lots of them took Foraging for wood gathering.

So, how am I going to find that quest item for Pristine Distillate if I'm not a Forager?
    And why in Daily quests for profession there are recipes that can't be acquired by my profession?
    What do I need to do to complete daily quests? Drop some other profession and learn Foraging just to find that particular quest item?
    Because the Distillates are crafted by Foragers, not Apothecaries. It's a Foraging Recipe (similar to cutting logs into planks).
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Soulwalker

Default impossible

If you have selected apothecary and have not selected a forager or vice versa it is imposable for you to get these pure distillate recipes. The recipe is not transferable and can only be obtained by foraging for high level herbs. Only an apothecary can get and use the recipe anyway. Only an apothecary can use the recipe to get the ability to craft the pure distillate. But if the recipe was transferable, another apothecary-forager could give or sell the recipe to a non-foraging apothecary and the problem would be solved. Otherwise if you are a non-foraging apothecary you will always be unable to get this recipe, and will always feel empty in some way or unfulfilled as a rift player. This design error makes me sad.
    Last edited by alfr; 04-11-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Default impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmore View Post

No one can put the recipe on AH since the recipe is not transferable. Sorry Grenmmore and others but if you are a non-foraging apothecary you will never get these pure distillate or pristine distillate or pure drops or anything in this crafting line for the apothecary crafting skill. You are just out of luck.

Shadowlander

Weaponsmith, Forager, Miner here. Found the pristine sample pretty fast (farming tempest and twilight bloom), albeit to my chagrin as I would rather have the recipe for Darkmetal or Cinerium drop - especially since I have gathered way many more titanium and carminitium than plants. The only consolation so far is I make a decent amount of money in the AH for the distillate, and being my Guild apothecarys' dream.

Just farm the Twilight Bloom Roots and Tempest Flowers and you should find it eventually. Then again if it's like the Darkmetal one and with an insanely low droprate then perhaps I was just lucky and you won't have it after gathering from 500+ nodes
    Vitellan - Warrior
    < The Vigilant >
    Rasmolov (PVP)

Soulwalker

Finally got the pristine sap today after farming for about 2 weeks. Just as someone said above, I got it from a Twilight Bloom node in IPP behind the Chancel of Labors.

Soulwalker

alfr

Quote Originally Posted by alfr View Post
    If you have selected apothecary and have not selected a forager or vice versa it is imposable for you to get these pure distillate recipes. The recipe is not transferable and can only be obtained by foraging for high level herbs. Only an apothecary can get and use the recipe anyway. Only an apothecary can use the recipe to get the ability to craft the pure distillate. But if the recipe was transferable, another apothecary-forager could give or sell the recipe to a non-foraging apothecary and the problem would be solved. Otherwise if you are a non-foraging apothecary you will always be unable to get this recipe, and will always feel empty in some way or unfulfilled as a rift player. This design error makes me sad.

This is NOT true.

This is a Foraging Specific drop yes.

The reason its only got through Foraging is because its a Recipe for ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Foragers to LEARN.
    This is just like Making wood into plankes for the Forager.
    No other Crafting or Gathering Profesion is needed to learn this.

Default no luck here..

i've just been making other people rich, throwing my plat away on it at the auctioneer.

Closed Thread