+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Souls words to the new recruit

Default Old Souls words to the new recruit

It doesnít matter. Not even a bit, where a warrior is from. Not even how they fight. Fists, six guns at noon, crossed swords in the moonlight, not even Arcane Fire tearing at the land around them. When it all is said and done, when they are the last standing, in the cool air, sweat dripping from their brow, itís all they have. The silence, the loneliness. So powerful that you can still hear the final breath of your adversary, even though the breath was let go, long ago.

Donít get me wrong. Iím not asking for your pity. Iím not asking for your sympathy, or your thanks. All I want is my drink, my cigar, and the cool wind upon my neck as I ride from this town to the next. Give me my pay for a job well done. Throw your celebrations or your wakes, I could care less. While you celebrate the death of an enemy, or mourn the loss of your friend, Iím the one that lives with their last breath. Their ghost.

And you. You think you can be like us. You think your fast on the draw, keen with the blade, strong in the arm and clever in the mind. Maybe thatís true. But you better remember, your gonna have to carry more then your gear. From the first kill, if you make it that far, you gotta carry the ghosts. The ghosts of the fallen. You gotta do it, because it comes with the job. Think you can handle that?

Ha-ha, yeah, I did tooÖÖonce.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

Sounds like an opening or an excerpt from a speech given to non-ascended.

I dunno if Rift has guns though, but I like the way it was made, as it has character.
    Butt-kicking for goodness! -Minsc, Baldur's Gate series

Visit my blog, Games and Geekery. I talk about MMOs, other games, and assorted bits of collected geekery.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post

I dunno if Rift has guns though, but I like the way it was made, as it has character.
    Thanks for reading and responding. Like I said, it's a snippet, just gotta figure out from when in the story, lol.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post

They have guns! Giant loudmouthed guns!

As for OP.. Raiff, this is why i told you in an earlier post to never let anyone make you stop doing what you like, in this case write.
    Its well written, and acually threw me straight in there with him when he spoke. Very nicely done.
    Fanboi, what are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be in Whoville stealing Christmas?
    Also.. Just because you are not good enough to play a game doesnt mean the game is bad - it means you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Anngeka View Post
    They have guns! Giant loudmouthed guns!

As for OP.. Raiff, this is why i told you in an earlier post to never let anyone make you stop doing what you like, in this case write.
    Its well written, and acually threw me straight in there with him when he spoke. Very nicely done.
    WEWT! Thanks. It's wierd. After I wrote that, some things started to come together. I just need to work out a few details.

bump......
    Last edited by Zazgath; 09-11-2017 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread