+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: sparkle quest burn out

Plane Touched

Default sparkle quest burn out

i can't take farming these damn things anymore. i won't have what i need to complete the quest on any of my characters and from farming them i have a distaste for most things in game.

i have gotten some nice gear from dungeons and things i got with marks and such and my characters have turned the tide in some pvp matches but i dont care any more. being forced to do so much content in such a short time just killed alot of the fun. now its run x dungeon again and again for a few more bread crumbs and i'll have to do it 40 more time or play 8 more pvp matches so i can get A(1) win is just ugh.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Plane Walker

Who's forcing you?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyla View Post
    Who's forcing you?
    t3 gear!!!

Plane Walker

Bahahahahahaha

I want a Lamborghini, but I don't want to work and save for it, someone give me one!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyla View Post
    Bahahahahahaha

I want a Lamborghini, but I don't want to work and save for it, someone give me one!
    where in my post did i say i wanted it for free?
    read, understand, comment not skim, assume, vomit.

Shadowlander

Default What they want us to do for so little drops is unfair

I feel like a kid again... with 2 older bro's saying if you do their dirty work, you get 1 stick of gum while they got to continue playing or whatever it was they were doing. Well, it sucks!!

Now that Trion has had 2 weeks to cash in from folks buying dungeon charges, warfront charges, etc, it's time to up the amount that sparkle amount drops. Last year it started off small, folks complained and they increased it. This is a one time deal and I wanted to do it on a few toons, but I'm still on one character and running out of steam. It's sickening and I'm to the point where I hate the world events again, getting sick of carrying folks in warfronts and sometimes in experts.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nessis View Post
    where in my post did i say i wanted it for free?
    read, understand, comment not skim, assume, vomit.
    And where did I say you wanted it for free?

Take a silly comparison for what it is
    Last edited by Nephyla; 12-21-2015 at 09:01 AM.

I'm glad I saw Fae Yule 2015 for what it is.

Trion cashes in on players buying dungeon charges, warfront charges, chain quest gating minions which require credits only, and grab bags with a 1 in 1000 chance of some rewarmed mount with a santa hat on it.

Who needs it?

I've been with this game since open beta, and I remember the first Fae Yule where presents were given out as a thank you for playing. Now? ...it's just another in a long line of cash grabs.

I currently have 33 out of 500 Sparkles, and I couldn't care less.
    Knock yourselves out, Sheeples.
    I'm done chasing their carrots... that stick holding it just gets longer and longer.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 12-21-2015 at 10:52 AM.

This is the first time I do Fae Yule properly (I only started playing Rift a few days before christmas last year, and since I'd never been near an MMO before that I was as noob as it gets and didn't really understand the game yet, let alone the world event). How people managed to do this quest on a weekly basis last year I really don't understand. As a one-time quest I think it's fine. I'm only doing it on my main though, as I've come to realize I pretty much never log on to my alts outside events such as this. And I think patron helps a bit too, I've only done the daily WF/dungeon charges, three or so CQ victories and maybe 10-ish zone events and I'm at 425 or something like that.

If something feels like a horrible grind I just skip it. With two weeks or whatever to go, I think it's pretty relaxed actually.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 12-21-2015 at 11:04 AM.

[QUOTE=DeLivia;5156518]How people managed to do this quest on a weekly basis last year I really don't understand./QUOTE]

Zone events.

Lots of them.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

ive been farming nte's and wf's since i got the quest and i only have about 236? sparkles. I have no idea how people are getting them so quick. I'm using my patron bonuses as well.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

We definitely wanted to cut down on the potential for burn out this year, hence making it a single time quest instead of a weekly. That being said, it's still a large amount of effort for a large reward. We could give out lesser rewards for lesser amounts of effort, but the intention for this was to extend a chance for the big shiny. It's not for everyone, and I definitely don't recommend it unless you are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    We definitely wanted to cut down on the potential for burn out this year, hence making it a single time quest instead of a weekly. That being said, it's still a large amount of effort for a large reward. We could give out lesser rewards for lesser amounts of effort, but the intention for this was to extend a chance for the big shiny. It's not for everyone, and I definitely don't recommend it unless you are enjoying it.
    Idea for next year: make sparkles currency and place a sparkle vendor. Weekly cap 150 sparkles. You can either save up 500 for a "big shiny" or use 300 for a "normal shiny" or 150 for a "small shiny".
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Idea for next year: make sparkles currency and place a sparkle vendor. Weekly cap 150 sparkles. You can either save up 500 for a "big shiny" or use 300 for a "normal shiny" or 150 for a "small shiny".
    I like the idea but the issue I have is with the cap. I'd rather see the big shiny/small shiny/normal shiny be a one time thing, meaning you can only get one of them and remove the cap. It does go through the holidays so I'd still like to have the entire time to do the 500 without having to worry about not hitting the cap the week of Christmas/New Years.

And as for the burnout aspect, I'm sick of it, but only because I've been pushing hard. I'm at 463/500 and most of that is NTEs/wfs and I haven't purchased a single charge. I hate nmrs/IAs so I'm not doing those ones and zone events aren't really worth the reward (unstables aren't hard, I just hate running around looking for an artifact and for 1 sparkle). I've done a couple CQs but I've been trying to avoid them unless there's a good lead because a loss is a big waste of time. Plus it's more fun with a good lead.

Overall I'm disappointed that I'll only be getting one piece of gear, but at the same time, the quests last year drove me nuts. Plus I'm really grateful that we can choose between tank and dps. I'm rather satisfied with the quest this year and hopefully I'll get a decent piece of gear.

Happy Fae Yule everyone!
    Last edited by Artewig; 12-21-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Odd to see posts about someone forcing ppl to spend money on extra charges and stuff, when it's clearly not needed at all to finish the quest in time without any difficulties.

Take it from a person who haven't used any additional wf\dungeon charges outside the patron 3 (and that was only on week 1), and is currently half way thru the quest. I've also been a horrible slacker for the whole week and haven't even finished the IA weekly (which is the only weekly I'm doing for sparkles).

So, uhm.. Either you're doing it wrong, or you just want to misinform others. That's not nice.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast