+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: PrancingTurtle Update Thread

Default PrancingTurtle Update Thread

PrancingTurtle.com CombatLog Parser

Check out the original thread on its release here

This thread is mainly for an ongoing list of updates and release notes. PM me or send me an email to hewi at prancingturtle dot com if you have suggestions / queries / issues.
    Last edited by Hewi; 12-15-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Update 1.1.7 - December 16th, 2015

Menu / navigation
    • Under 'My Account', you'll now see two options, 'Menu format' and 'Guild menu'. The menu format allows you to change whether you are presented with a smaller, icon-based menu or the existing text-based menu. This should help users on mobile devices if the menu is set to icon-only! Also, You can set whether the menu that displays guilds (sorted by first letter) fron the ranks / records navigation menu.

Sessions and Encounters
    • Added support for French and German logs with regard to some Mind of Madness bosses, Lady Envy, Fauxmire, Lord Arak and the trash mob Pure Evil.
    • Unsuccessful encounters older than 6 months will be removed over the coming weeks, and sessions that are left with no encounters will also be removed. The 6-month limit is a tentative one and may be reduced further at a later date.
    • Fixed a bug where the 'Player Damage Taken' page would fail to render for Pure Evil, in the Mind of Madness instance
    • On the session detail page, original session uploaders and guild administrators can now select multiple encounters and remove them simultaneously, rather than having to do so one by one
    • Removing an encounter now flags it for removal and removes it from the session list. Actual deletion happens in the background and you no longer have to wait for the removal to complete before being redirected to the encounter list for that particular session.

Graph Display
    • Graphs on DPS/HPS/APS pages as well as player breakdowns have been changed to a spline format, and should be easier to interpret than before.
    • As the graph displays have changed, particularly on ability and target breakdown pages, only the Total and Average series are displayed by default. Clicking the name of an ability underneath the graph will toggle the visibility of that particular series on the graph.
    RIP Coriolis.

Internal update - January 31st, 2016

Encounters
    • Lady Justice now has difficulty detection
    • The turtles shouldn't get confused on the Dark Genesis encounter anymore, and logs should be parsed fully once again
    RIP Coriolis.

question- I have tried using PT but I am not part of a guild on the site so i cant really do anything. Is there a way to just track combat logs (and view the break downs) for personal use that are not shared with every one?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessToxic View Post
    question- I have tried using PT but I am not part of a guild on the site so i cant really do anything. Is there a way to just track combat logs (and view the break downs) for personal use that are not shared with every one?
    Currently there isn't, my suggestion would be just to create your own one, give it a name and you can be the only member. This is really just to combat situations where personal parses would turn into guild ones at a later point - it was better to just make them all guild-based from the start.
    RIP Coriolis.

If you apply to Test Guild Please Ignore I'll approve you and make you an admin

Edit .. This may be Deepwood only
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 02-02-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    If you apply to Test Guild Please Ignore I'll approve you and make you an admin
    There we go... could even go down the path of making a guild just for individual uploads, though you'd run into issues where encounters are to be kept private for whatever reason.. there are a couple of 'pug' guilds where those sorts of sessions are uploaded also.
    RIP Coriolis.

ok thanks guys I will do it today

Quick question,

does the combat log start when the person running the log 1st uses abilities or does it start immediately upon the 1st person (tank in raids) to engage with the target?
    MOM 9/9 COA HM 4/4

HARSHMALLOWS Braxus - inactive

Quote Originally Posted by crisbypancakes View Post
    Quick question,

does the combat log start when the person running the log 1st uses abilities or does it start immediately upon the 1st person (tank in raids) to engage with the target?
    The combat log will be running the entire time - even when people are buffing before anyone hits anything. The first damaging ability that deals damage to the boss (the same thing that will make the boss aggro) is where PrancingTurtle will consider the log to start, and in most cases it will consider a fight ended when no NPC has taken damage for 10 seconds (and then remove the 10 seconds of inactivity at the end). Does that answer your question?

Edit: 99/100 times, the first damaging ability won't be a tank, funnily enough. Puri seems to be one of the most reliable first-hitters even though eruption shouldn't be dealing damage until someone has aggro, but you get the idea, especially if tanks pull with taunts (that don't deal damage).
    Last edited by Hewi; 02-09-2016 at 12:01 AM.
    RIP Coriolis.

Default v1.1.8

Update 1.1.8 - February 16th, 2015

Leaderboards
    • The single-target leaderboard has been enabled for Lady Justice, in the Mind of Madness instance
    • Support leaderboards are here, alongside the rest of the leaderboards for any given encounter. Please report any bugged or strange parses!

Classes
    • Clerics using defiler are now considered DPS rather than Support

Sessions and Encounters
    • Single target leaderboards for Anrak the Foul in Intrepid Gilded Prophecy should now include encounters parsed from German combat logs

Graph Display
    • Graphs now have a 5-second rolling average display on top of the options that were previously there
    RIP Coriolis.

Somehow your support leaderboard on Fauxmire doesn't recognize this Harbchon parse of mine:
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/120296
    Last edited by trionsaur REX; 02-17-2016 at 01:31 PM.

There's quite a few -chon parses missing on the support leaderboard. Only other soul that seems to have this problem is Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    Somehow your support leaderboard on Fauxmire doesn't recognize this Harbchon parse of mine:
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ageDone/120296
    Guessing in some cases that the harb portion is detected before chon and marking it incorrectly, I'll get onto that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
    There's quite a few -chon parses missing on the support leaderboard. Only other soul that seems to have this problem is Oracle.
    Thanks for pointing that out. With the aforementioned parsing not being detected, I'll poke around and figure out if the same thing affecting that is affecting the rest that should be showing up. Can you point me to an oracle parse that's not showing up?
    RIP Coriolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. With the aforementioned parsing not being detected, I'll poke around and figure out if the same thing affecting that is affecting the rest that should be showing up. Can you point me to an oracle parse that's not showing up?
    Sent a PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast