Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko
  • 2 Post By McChaffe
  • 8 Post By Muspel

Thread: Rift Fan-fiction book

Soulwalker

Default Rift Fan-fiction book

Hello !
    Are somebody thought about writing a fan-fiction short story or bigger story (novel) in the world of Telara ?
    There are a lot of books situated in Azeroth world, so why not to write something in Rift's world ?
    It's very interesting and fascinating world. I wanted to write something like this, but I don't have any idea, what this fan-fiction would be about.
    Regards

I've been writing the story of Rift told from the POV of my main character, Raelskye@Faeblight. (No, it's not public anywhere.) In addition to her responses to the questlines and the various NPCs, it includes some of her backstory, her perceptions of the world, and so forth.

I can't do anything even remotely official with it because I'd have to license the IP from Trion (or at least get their permission), but at the very least, I've been rendering it in a slightly different medium via my "Tales of the Riftwalker" video series.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I've been writing the story of Rift told from the POV of my main character, Raelskye@Faeblight. (No, it's not public anywhere.) In addition to her responses to the questlines and the various NPCs, it includes some of her backstory, her perceptions of the world, and so forth.

I can't do anything even remotely official with it because I'd have to license the IP from Trion (or at least get their permission), but at the very least, I've been rendering it in a slightly different medium via my "Tales of the Riftwalker" video series.
    I've watched one part of your "Tales of the Riftwalker" - good job, I'm very impressed.
    So, the novel can be online only - we haven't to get any profits from it - yes, we have IP to license and if we would publish this anywhere in paper form, we have to get Trion's permission.
    PS. I'm sorry for my English - I don't know where I have to use respective tenses. I hope that I am understood.
    Last edited by marcin1509; 09-27-2015 at 02:09 PM.

I thought about writing a fanfiction, but I don't think the world is ready for "50 Shades of Greybriar".
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    I thought about writing a fanfiction, but I don't think the world is ready for "50 Shades of Greybriar".
    Very funny and trendy title recently
    I thought about a story about things happend in a x years of Telara's history.
    But I don't know much about Telara's past so I wouldn't have any idea to my "fan-fiction novel".

Marcin, there's a whole lore section on the forums. Trawl through that first and see what inspires you. If you have specific questions, create a thread and someone might have an answer for you.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I don't think Greybriar is ready... *shivers*

"You're so bad at this," Ahov sighed, as bctrainers fumbled with his belt. "Didn't you read my guide?"

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    "You're so bad at this," Ahov sighed, as bctrainers fumbled with his belt. "Didn't you read my guide?"
    You just won the forums for today.

Ocho, come give this guy a trophy.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 09-28-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

*winces...*
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread