+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ideena

Thread: Nightmare Rifts: Trion's Fault or Mass Psychosis - A Sensible Thead

Default Nightmare Rifts: Trion's Fault or Mass Psychosis - A Sensible Thead

Greetings,

So I've been doing plenty of Nightmare rifts over the weekend to grind that precious rep. However, I felt the need to record some thoughts about the flagship content of 3.0 to draw together mine (and your thoughts) on the new content. Basically it falls into two camps between Trion and the playerbase IMO. The details are in the video

Nightmare Rifts: Trion's Fault or Mass Psychosis - Rift Discussions

I'm hoping we can have some constructive posts in this thread and/or video to try and improve the experience of these rifts for everyone's enjoyment.

What do you think?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Telaran

Many good points in your vid Intim.

My experience of my first two NMR was pure frustration, not just because of the mechanics failure but because of the massive lag.
    I avoid them like the plague now and I don't miss doing them at all.
    Much the same as I avoid some of the zone events because it is no fun standing there watching your skills do absolutely nothing.
    The zones are great I love them but as for events and NMRs I will pass tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Ideena View Post
    Many good points in your vid Intim.

My experience of my first two NMR was pure frustration, not just because of the mechanics failure but because of the massive lag.
    I avoid them like the plague now and I don't miss doing them at all.
    Much the same as I avoid some of the zone events because it is no fun standing there watching your skills do absolutely nothing.
    The zones are great I love them but as for events and NMRs I will pass tyvm
    The sad part about this is we are talking about the new "Rift" the namesake of the game and this is what I hear all over regarding NMR's.

Shame there wasn't much added in the hotfix tonight although it's hard to tell if there was backend stuff
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Shame there wasn't much added in the hotfix tonight although it's hard to tell if there was backend stuff
    The only thing i noticed was the fury of the ascended change, someone posted a while ago that they thought this contributed to the lag. It has now been reverted to before 3.0 so guess that assumption by them was correct.

Plane Touched

It's a shame too, I quite liked the idea behind the new iteration of Fury of the Ascended. Hopefully they bring it back once they figure out how to make it work fast on the backend.

Very nice video and I agree on all your points. Having a relatively bad graphic card at the moment, I just cant see certain features to have any success in those rifts, or maybe I would be able to detect them if I had more chance to practice. But as it is, the price for lures is so unreasonable I dont see myself grinding planarite 24/7 just to be able to afford some training.

So I can only discard nightmares as content for those with top end computers and capable of affording the training lessons in this or that way. Which is a shame because I would really like to do them at least now and then for fun.

+ Reply to Thread