+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there going to be a RIFT 2.9 after 2.8 and if so... what are we expecting?

Soulwalker

Default Is there going to be a RIFT 2.9 after 2.8 and if so... what are we expecting?

We know that RIFT 2.8 is coming soon and I just want to know if we are going to have a 2.9 thereafter or if we are going to jump from 2.8 right to Plane of Water patch 3.0. If there will be a 2.9, what will it consist of?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I'm practically 100% confident of saying there will be no 2.9

The name for Rift 2.8 is 'Madness Wakes' and looks likely to be a build up to introducing us to 3.0 so i'll be very surprised if there will be a 2.9, but you never know......

They said in a recent livestream that there would be no 2.9.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Abhor748 View Post
    They said in a recent livestream that there would be no 2.9.
    So...if there is no 2.9 then does that mean they're going to introduce the Reaver soul changes in 2.8? Vladd said the Reaver changes would go live before 3.0

No 2.9, only 2.8.

Though it hasn't been officially announced, expect 3.0 this fall (Sept-Nov or so).
    2.8 later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    So...if there is no 2.9 then does that mean they're going to introduce the Reaver soul changes in 2.8? Vladd said the Reaver changes would go live before 3.0
    It's assumed it'd hit by 2.8 since they indicated it was going live prior to 3.0.

The latest info from Vladd was in livestream chat for the 27th July 2014 livestream.

This is what he said:

"I've actually been working on the Reaver lately. I've got another round of internal feedback to go before I can make final changes and post to the forums."

So we may be hearing about it soon-ish and at that point they might officially confirm it coming in 2.8.

+ Reply to Thread