• 9 Post By Silentstorm
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 1 Post By Furyon13
  • 2 Post By Baramos
  • 1 Post By Furyon13
  • 2 Post By Silentstorm
  • 2 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Rift The Life : Ep.15 "Rift Maybe The Best Free to Play Worldwide"

Default Rift The Life : Ep.17 "3.0 Build Parity Wish&6/8 Live Stream With Kiwi&Matt Flemming

What I always wanted was for Rift to actually have build Parity.You can force it like how I've done in the past. But by it's core Rift doesn't encourage you to do it. You're not really rewarded in the system as it is now. So I am just explaining how it can happen in this video.

On Sunday 8th coming up. I will be join Kiwi's live stream to discuss all things Trion. She will be doing giveaway's so you can check her link here for that info http://riftdreamdimensions.com/?p=7643

Andhere for the official forum post= http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4811970

Also take note we will be joined by MATT FLEMING: Trion Defiance Content Designer Former Rift QA
    It's should be a fun time and maybe you will win something
    ================================================== ===============

A lot of time when I say Rift is the best free to play out. People scoff at me and question me. It's very hard to explain why in short responses. So I felt it was time to make a video explaining a little more how I feel on that. I get to see a lot of free to play games in the world. So I'm speaking from a far bigger spectrum then just western games.

Rift for starters is very cost effective and time effective. In the day and age of time is money. This is an excellent thing to have in one game. Now what i mean by that is this. Time spent in the game can be very lucrative towards your goals. It's not pay gated or restricted. What restrictions you do have as a free player. Can easily be negated with a little work, and friendship with other gamers. A good guild can help you earn in game credits. That can get rid of many restrictions you have rather quickly.

When I say cost effective, save a few outrageous things. Rift is not a very expensive game to play. And once you're used to the game. You can easily pay for the monthly patron fee's with in game credits. But if you don't have time for all that. You can pay a little to keep the patron. Which again if you atleast do a little in game. You can lower the price you actually pay for it. By earning credits so you won't need to spend the full price for patron.

If you look around at other games. That are free to play. I challenge you to find one as freely playable as Rift. And has as much to do as Rift. Games that come to mind are anything Perfect World made. Yea no to all of them except Star Trek Online. But even that game you need to pay at end game or be really nerfed. I know some like to throw Swtor at us. But That maybe the worse example. The game is so restrictive, it feels like the Force is beating 15 bucks out of you.

A knock on Rift is it's pvp. Well...every single game I've seen in this genre world wide has the same issues. Zerging pvp/pve balancing which is impossible. And the mob mentality that no company can really change. So when you single out one game, you really are ignoring the problem pvp has in mmo's in general. This is why I'm not THAT hard on Rift. Yes Conquest is a mess but it's one that can be fixed. But that is a different story all together.

In general in my opinion Rift is the best out there free to play world wide. No my opinion doesn't matter any more than you. But I'm just putting it out there for anyone on the fence. Interesting enough though for you guys. The next game that may just bump it for that spot is Trion Published as well GG Sirs.
    Last edited by Silentstorm; 06-04-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Is Rift fun to play? Yes!
    Is Rift PvE good? Yes!
    Is Rift PvP good? Well......
    Is Rift the best f2p mmo? No!

I genuinely like Rift there is no doubt about it, but people forget that for a longer period of time No. 1 F2P MMO out there is called..... Tera: Online.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    No. 1 F2P MMO out there is called..... Tera: Online.
    Rift is better than Tera. It of course is just my opinion but since I am always right, you can treat my opinion as fact. While Rift is the best F2P game right now, let's see if it will still hold that crown when ArcheAge is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Rift is better than Tera. It of course is just my opinion but since I am always right, you can treat my opinion as fact. While Rift is the best F2P game right now, let's see if it will still hold that crown when ArcheAge is released.
    AA will beat Rift for sure!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    No opinion is fact.... And certainly not one that is as misguided as to label something better just because of your opinion. Personally, I play Tera and have now cancelled my subscription to Rift. I had been an active subscriber since launch, but really I cannot justify the money anymore. Every time I think about playing Rift I just see a very dark dreary world, generally empty and lifeless. But that is just my opinion. Having spent six months with Tera I find my gaming is much more settled and fun and the developers tend to leave the game alone and so I don't get any nasty changes to my characters or mood swings in respect of realm/shard closures. Tera is a work of art and the animations and mobs are quite magical. As I say my opinion. I certainly wouldn't give up Warcraft, Tera or probably Guild Wars for Rift.

PS Dimensions are good in Rift. Shame that emotes are just so limiting. Character animations did use to be very good in Rift, but hey... yet another thing they destroyed from the original game.
    Last edited by Ajhal; 05-04-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    No opinion is fact.... And certainly not one that is as misguided as to label something better just because of your opinion.
    Sometimes my tongue in cheek "humor" goes whoosh over head. Of course when it comes to anything, different strokes for different folks. I tried Tera, but the download took longer than the time I actually played it. It wasn't the right fit for me, but I can understand how others would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    AA will beat Rift for sure!!
    Beat it at what? Is there a race?

AA is a completely different type of game than Rift, I've been playing the alpha for a few weeks now. It's a good game, but I do not feel it is aiming at the same market as Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Beat it at what? Is there a race?

AA is a completely different type of game than Rift, I've been playing the alpha for a few weeks now. It's a good game, but I do not feel it is aiming at the same market as Rift.
    Topic of this thead.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Topic of this thead.
    Have you read what Patron status is going to be over there? While quite a bit like Rift, there are a couple of things:

What is Patron Status?
    Patron Status grants all sorts of game boosts including improved labor regeneration, an experience bonus, the ability to own a house or farm, and loyalty rewards.
    Considering how integral owning property, and how labor regeneration is, I'd say Patron status over there is a lot more beneficial than here in Rift. Not saying that's a good thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Have you read what Patron status is going to be over there? While quite a bit like Rift, there are a couple of things:

Considering how integral owning property, and how labor regeneration is, I'd say Patron status over there is a lot more beneficial than here in Rift. Not saying that's a good thing either.
    F2p only means free entry (install file and an account, no sub). whether to pay for what they want with money or time is up to the player imo.

Regarding sub benefit, it's not a surprise, is it? It will def filtre out those who takes f2p literally in meaning.

When you think about it. How great must it be to hold the number one spot. Just to know you will more than likely. Hold the number one and two spot. That's like a owner of a professional sports team. Owning two teams in a championship game.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    When you think about it. How great must it be to hold the number one spot. Just to know you will more than likely. Hold the number one and two spot. That's like a owner of a professional sports team. Owning two teams in a championship game.
    Don't forget Trove when live and soon also Defiance...
    Good models are good & I dig your vids Storm cheers for enjoying games the way you do.

Well said.

One thing I love about Rift is that the PVE servers are truly PVE. That has to be the biggest problem I have had with a lot of the other F2P games. Quite often on the PVE servers they were only PVE until you reached a certain level. Once you hit that point, it became a game of "Avoid the Gankers" while you tried to level up and complete quests. For people like myself that don't want to get into PvP, that's a huge deal.

Every F2P game has a cash shop, the difference here is you can actually get things without investing any real money. I did run into a few games that allowed you to take surveys and stuff to gain credits, but 9 times out of 10, the offers were fake and you didn't get anything out of it.

Overall, they have done a great job here. The customer service is decent. They always seem to get back to you in a timely manor and in most cases they take care of issues for you. Most other F2P games you were lucky to get a response at all.

Thx Kiwi
    I did forget about trove, I haven't had much hands on with it. But defiance I'm actually going to be covering soon for mmosite. A lot of buzz has been going for the free to play announcement.

See you guys sunday hope you win that phat loot!

+ Reply to Thread