+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Getting back in to Digital Art [Wacom Bamboo].

Default Getting back in to Digital Art [Wacom Bamboo].

So I decided to get off the Pencil and Paper and buy another tablet, and get back in to some digital creations.

I didn't want to spend too much money on an all singing all dancing tablet, so I went with a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, nice prices on Amazon - and thought if I DO get back in to it full time, I'll buy something a bit better. But anyway, here's the first thing I drew on the new tablet.

Initial Lines:

General shadows/midtones.

Blended and then highlights:

Some brushed metal effects, I wasn't happy with these effects of metal, so I'm reworking my brush-sets.

Next one;

Getting a bit more used to using a tablet again - I started this as lines on the 16th of Sept; the lines:

Shaded in the basic underlay today (ignore the date on the image, just never removed it yet):

Started to add depth detail just after:

Went crazy and did a ton of shadowing/midtones this afternoon:

This still has to be blended yet, so the shadows/etc are still literally blocky edged. I just thought I'd post a progress set rather than just the finished thing.... helps to appreciate the work that goes in to it I guess?

I'll post the latest one when I get around to blending it and adding in some highlights.

Finished! Let me know what you guys think. Tried some different approaches to highlighting and brushing the metal-work glare in. I think it really works with colour dodge/burns.

Very cool. Reminds me of terminator

Hehe, it is a Terminator! T800/101 series skull and arm. :') Thanks for the 10/10! ^_^

Messin' about in PS earlier.

Dedicated to PvP'ers of Rift? Lmao! :P

Herro. Well after my 'Awakening' image - I started on a new project - something I believe I'm not very good at. Drawing and painting humans.

Anyways, this here's mah wench. This is completely from thought/memory/etc. Nill tracing or anything like that - the idea is that I did it to get better at painting humans. So, here it is! Still a work in progress, lots to do on it, but I thought I'd share my progress.

Nice work .

I enjoy drawing as a hobby. I just bought a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet and the pen works awsome for drawing . Android has a ton of grat drawing apps to.

Usually when im sitting around i pop it open and start to draw something on the fly.

Soulwalker

Great work!

I bought a Bamboo ages ago (the older model), and really want to get into drawing, but I've barely used it.

My latest portrait under way, I've made 'saves' in terms of progress steps, so folks can see how things are done.

More work done to my latest portrait. This is going slower than normal because I have 3 other projects on at the same time, and it's a bluddy huge image. :>

oh gosh! most awesome Jawsnap!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    oh gosh! most awesome Jawsnap!
    Ty mate

It's taking a while to paint the portrait of Holly because the original working image is 6000px wide. :/ But when it's done, it'll look great Can't wait to finish it. I'm also working on a fantasy style landscape picture at the same time, and another portrait, so it will likely take a while. But I'm currently working on the hand and the grey sweater, then I'll paint in the hair. I'm dreading painting the hair. :/

Been working on the hand. Spent a lot of time on this so far because it started to look like "THE CLAAAAAWWWWW" lol - and really only on the middle finger up to now, to get the wrinkles on the middle knuckle right and the lighting around it, that was literally it! lol.

Sorry for the size, it's a copy from my Facebook album as I'm at work atm! Will attach fullsize one when I've done more work on it. :P

Last edited by Jawsnap; 10-19-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: knuckle* lol what's a knuckly?

I've actually done way more since this latest image I have. The hair has been started, reshaped the top - and the hand is completely finished. But for the sake of seeing the hand - which I think turned out quite well - here's the one I uploaded to dA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast