+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Random gear ideas...

Default Random gear ideas...

So yeah, I've just been bored for awhile and just doodling random item and gear ideas over my bahmi lately. Spent about 2 minutes on each at most and just thought they were decent enough to share. I have a few more but they're on my computer at work so I'll post more as I keep going. Nothing I'd be excited about, but someone might get a kick out of em.

Also if anyone knows where to find high rez un-armored models of the Rift characters I'd be more than appreciative for them a s it'd let me go a bit more in detail rather than painting over screenshots; Or if someone can figure out how to export the models/textures from rift to something like Maya or 3DS max that'd be great. Anywya here is the first batch of doodles for armor....
    Attached Images        
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-19-2011 at 10:45 PM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Nice! I like it.

Thanks, glad you enjoy them hehe

Here is another idea I had playing off the theme of Akylios I made a helm that I figure would embody the "madness"
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-20-2011 at 07:38 PM.

CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Jsut another random 5 minute doodle...

I call it the "Shimmersand Regalia"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random gear ideas...-shimmerlight-regalia.jpg  

Nice. I would love some more head items that actually showed the hair instead of make you appear bald. >.>
    http://meeki.net/images/sketch/rift/forumsig.png

hehe yeah i was hoping for more like that, even a simple bandana to cover the mouth would be fine, but that's not even in the game =/

This is a sketch of a scythe I'm doing for a challenge, but I thinkit might also work in rift as a "polearm"....
    the + on the handle is a mark for perspeticve reasons...not a screw lol...
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-22-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Everything looks great! I love that chestpiece~

hehe thanks I'll have a lot more over the weekend hopefully, but for now here is an updated version of the scythe....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random gear ideas...-scythe2.jpg  

These are all great, I love the Shimmersand Regalia - would so wear it!

I have always thought MMOs should hold gear/costume contests to let the fans design - it would be a great way to get people involved more (IMO) plus we could get some great new ideas for gear/costumes that maybe the artists/devs currently working on the game don't think up.

Thanks glad you like em. I do agree on the community designing competitions, it'd be relaly fun to do.

Heres the finished version of the scythe...

Trion. Give this guy a job. He deserves it and I'm sure he would blow away your current graphics designers.

And we need more armor like the shimmer one he sketched.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

Trion Hire this Man/Woman!!!!!
    Hoss

Love all of it. I was already a fan though before you made them.

Yea Trion , this person is no noob.

I am in love with those gloves!

But awesome work overall
    Azendi /Sol.

hehe I won't lie I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer. I'm glad you enjoy them though....

Here is a mount concept that I was thinknig of thatd basivcally be a modified gorilla mount thingy(I can't remember the name)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random gear ideas...-mount.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast