+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So every soul in the game has a way to increase their damage... except Riftblade?

Default So every soul in the game has a way to increase their damage... except Riftblade?

Every other soul in the game can stack a stat if they want and boom dps increase at the loss of some other stat.

Riftblade has no way to do this...

Equip a fatty new 2her...dps is same, stack strength... dps is the same

working as intended?

Are you really complaining about riftblade dps?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    What he said. Riftblade DPS is already increased due to the fact that it's magic damage and thus is not affected by your target's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I'm asking is it working as intended and we have no way to increase our dps other than training our skills and using a good rotation.

Also when you get to 50 and other classes start augmenting their dps with stat stacking and riftblades have no more skills to train how are you going to continue to increase your dps to keep up with other classes, gear? oh wait.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 02-28-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    What he said. Riftblade DPS is already increased due to the fact that it's magic damage and thus is not affected by your target's armor.
    many trees have resists to spec in at higher levels, also raid bosses can have resists, mages also use magic damage that ignores target armor and can boost their dps with int, spell power, and spell crit stacking, not sure what your point is.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 02-28-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Shadowlander

OP's point/contention is that RB doesn't scale. It's also why it's so strong early on. When you get a new ability or rank of that ability it's balanced to that level, and for RB it means it's strong. As you go beyond those creatures though, it weakens.

So, at level 50, when you've reached your max rank, gear is basically useless to you outside of crit % and defensive attributes. As raids increase in difficulty, there's little to nothing a RB can do to meaningfully increase his output.

I've just made the assumption they'll change it soon, they've just had other stuff to do. I expect that RB skills will all take a hit(nerf) in base damage when it comes though, so they're probably waiting till people get over the VK/RB nerf that just happened.

Either that, or their class designers have extremely poor foresight and haven't played any MMO ever. That seems unlikely to me.
    Last edited by Wraeththix; 02-28-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Telaran

I was under the impression str (attack power) boosted the magical dmg of riftblades non-wep based attacks

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Joeness View Post
    I was under the impression str (attack power) boosted the magical dmg of riftblades non-wep based attacks
    If it does, it's at such a low value as to be meaningless. I've stripped all my gear off, and tried both STR and DEX, and I've never had it effect any of the spear's damage.

This is something that is an issue in the end-game for sure.

While leveling I found some great ways to boost my damage though!

1. Reward from IT (1-handed sword that has a chance to proc 85 death damage when casting spells)
    2. Blue Greater Planar Essence that has a chance to proc 75 fire damage and ~40 over 10 seconds.

stack dex to get higher crit chance

done
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    stack dex to get higher crit chance

done
    Dex increases crit chance, yet flamespear acts as a spell regarding to procs. Does that mean that dex only increases the crit chance of bursts?

Telaran

Elemental Touch and Rift Fury, am I missing something here? Magic boosters, damage boosters, more damage for the class?

Shadowlander

Default Meh

Having a good 2h is such a HUGE deal for riftblades and makes your strikes scale jus aswell as any other warrior spec. And seriously stop thinking spears is the way to damage it's just a way to kite and still do damage.

Allthough I do not aprove of them nerfing our melee abilities and making it more dull (easier) nerfing frost strike with a cd

Quote Originally Posted by Zerackus View Post
    Elemental Touch and Rift Fury, am I missing something here? Magic boosters, damage boosters, more damage for the class?
    This.

Everyone else ITT is clearly a boob.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerackus View Post
    We are talking about gaining damage through itemization, I mean a big deal of the game is to require better gear not ? What does better gear help us, if the dmg is irrelevant to it ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast