+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So every soul in the game has a way to increase their damage... except Riftblade?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zerackus View Post
    Elemental Touch and Rift Fury, am I missing something here? Magic boosters, damage boosters, more damage for the class?
    You've only missed the entire point.

So if strength doesn't boost, maybe int?

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    stack dex to get higher crit chance

done
    Can anyone verify that melee crit affects flamespear crit?

Anecdotal cool kid one liner comments are nice and all, but sometimes lack merit.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zogun View Post
    This is something that is an issue in the end-game for sure.

While leveling I found some great ways to boost my damage though!

1. Reward from IT (1-handed sword that has a chance to proc 85 death damage when casting spells)
    2. Blue Greater Planar Essence that has a chance to proc 75 fire damage and ~40 over 10 seconds.
    I got that bluie essence on BETA7, did not use it though, is Flamespear really counting as a "spell" ? thaught it would fall into the category as ranged physical damage O_o

Maybe you're going about it all wrong. Riftblades have more than enough DPS, why not stack some Endurance then?

Use rift surge you dumb noob, its impossible not to kill people.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Plexus View Post
    Maybe you're going about it all wrong. Riftblades have more than enough DPS, why not stack some Endurance then?
    Crush the enemy under your mountain of endurance!

Quote Originally Posted by zagz420 View Post
    talking about raid/instance dps brah
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 02-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Rift Chaser

I think your missing the big picture, you dont need weapons to increase damage, therefor you get shields, your tanks with average dps at worst, and its magic damage. You can spec into paladin to support your shield abilities and survival, lots of CC.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDain View Post
    I think your missing the big picture, you dont need weapons to increase damage, therefor you get shields, your tanks with average dps at worst, and its magic damage. You can spec into paladin to support your shield abilities and survival, lots of CC.
    Only one problem with that theory. Riftblade is an offensive soul not a defensive one. It wasn't intended for tanking and that's why there are no defensive talents in the tree save the +parry one. This is a pretty big issue and I noticed pretty early on that nothing seemed to have much impact on my damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by zagz420 View Post
    Hope this was sarcasm, if not you should state this to yourself each morning in the mirror.

What is the deal with RB dps in corolation to stat increase is what he is asking. Like tanking gets boost from STR for blocking, mages get dps boost from INT, healers get better heal output from higher WIS.

If RB attacks are generated as magic, should we be looking at INT gear for higher DPS output? Maybe we should start rolling on leather armor with higher spell crit/base, INT,etc... That will go over well with healers I am sure. I know this happened a little bit by some crusaders in EQ2 until they started to add INT/WIS to certain plate gear.

Soulwalker

That's neat I think we all figured out how to riftblade pvp by now. We are speaking of the viability of this class in a pve RAID environment. You know where we are supposed to do damage to a boss that's non ccable.

Telaran

I've always wondered if warriors can use spellpower.

Rift Disciple

You already do more damage than any other class, is that not enough?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wraeththix View Post
    If it does, it's at such a low value as to be meaningless. I've stripped all my gear off, and tried both STR and DEX, and I've never had it effect any of the spear's damage.
    This, tested it for another thread at.. 36? I think, stripping naked my fire spear did 7 damage less than it does fully armored (.. and I lost around 100 str), same mob, nothing used but fire spear.

That said, it's pointless TO ask for an increase, why? they're built into the tree.

Rift fury, speccing from 14 -> 31 (respecced to 22 reaver from 31, dumped the difference into my riftblade, plus the two point I had in paragon before) My spear went up from 170 damage to close to 240.

But even more importantly Elemental Touch, as it stands, elemental touch adds 69 damage to EVERY SINGLE ATTACK (elemental blade takes it above the 50 cap) -- spears, auto attacks, hell even my reavers dots (though only the initial tick)

70 damage is.. quite a lot, in fact it's about as much as you'd get from a weapon normally. or stats, one or the other in ADDITION to being magic damage, thus armor piercing. which makes up for the other half.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    This, tested it for another thread at.. 36? I think, stripping naked my fire spear did 7 damage less than it does fully armored (.. and I lost around 100 str), same mob, nothing used but fire spear.

That said, it's pointless TO ask for an increase, why? they're built into the tree.

Rift fury, speccing from 14 -> 31 (respecced to 22 reaver from 31, dumped the difference into my riftblade, plus the two point I had in paragon before) My spear went up from 170 damage to close to 240.

But even more importantly Elemental Touch, as it stands, elemental touch adds 69 damage to EVERY SINGLE ATTACK (elemental blade takes it above the 50 cap) -- spears, auto attacks, hell even my reavers dots (though only the initial tick)

70 damage is.. quite a lot, in fact it's about as much as you'd get from a weapon normally. or stats, one or the other in ADDITION to being magic damage, thus armor piercing. which makes up for the other half.

This is the problem, not the answer.

A naked riftblade is just as good as a geared one. So at end game, what is a riftblade to do?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast