+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: VK impressions 1-20 (with PvP)

  1. #16
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    The class is broken ATM. Takes too long to build pacts. You have to sacrifice lots of damage just to get a killing blow, so you are not really helping your team.

    The cool down and fix to QC was plenty.

    Now I seldom get to use Discharge.

    Suggestions... give us a ranged attack that always gives a pact. Or reverse the change to Conversion. Not big changes, but it would be nice to get to Discharge more than a few times a match.

  2. #17
    Rift Disciple FiestyInsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Are you serious? God you must be the biggest noob ever. Yes, 900 damage isn't impresisve. Yes, you need to be able to spam a 900 damage attack. Yes, you can't kill anyone, god you are so fail.

    All you want is to be overpowered. You don't want balance. My highest riftblade crit thus far has been around 400-500, and you are complaining that a 900 damage discharge is bad? What kind of fail player are you? I've yet to be hit for anywhere near 900 from any soul I've fought, not even Sabs. You don't need to 1 shot people to kill them hurp durp.



    PS you can use more then one soul. Seriously, all I hear from your post is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH I want to be overpowered and I don't want to learn to play. Stop being a baddie and you will realize the VK is an extremely strong soul if played and specced properly.
    Even if he does 900 crit (crit value is horrid for a vk) you need to spend around 9 ap or more to get enough pacts to discharge for that much (which I highly doubt it was 900 to begin with). Mean while other warrior souls have gained those 9ap and used three finishers as well neting them more dps over all I'm sure.

    And crying about him crying plus calling him names doesn't help your case. Cause all I herd from your post was WAAAAAAAHHH as well. Next time try using simple reason insted of spazing out and acting like a ****** bag. (I said acting like one not that you are one I don't know you at all so ill reserve the right to make that conclusion)

  3. #18
    Soulwalker Nemad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    And where is my 900damg spells playing a reaver/pali? VKs are tanks not riftblades DPS. If you want the high damg burst then play one.

  4. #19
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiestyInsanity View Post
    Even if he does 900 crit (crit value is horrid for a vk) you need to spend around 9 ap or more to get enough pacts to discharge for that much (which I highly doubt it was 900 to begin with). Mean while other warrior souls have gained those 9ap and used three finishers as well neting them more dps over all I'm sure.

    And crying about him crying plus calling him names doesn't help your case. Cause all I herd from your post was WAAAAAAAHHH as well. Next time try using simple reason insted of spazing out and acting like a ****** bag. (I said acting like one not that you are one I don't know you at all so ill reserve the right to make that conclusion)
    Another baddie who doesn't know what he is talking about..... great!!!

    Dude, there are multiple ways to gain pacts. Saying you have to spend 9 AP to discharge is one of the most ridiculously fail arguments I've ever seen.

    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I don't know what I'm talking about and I don't like your posting style.

    Is what I hear from you

    If you learn to play a VK, you will learn you gain pacts through a variety of means. Not just PC.

  5. #20
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    If you think im going to respond with insults you're mistaken. Sanity and facts are on my side. Your riftblade can put out a thousand times more damage than any void knight and you know it. Yes i can put out a 900 damage attack once. ONCE.

    IF i have the pacts
    IF it crits with my 3% crit rate
    IF i can survive long enough to get the pacts
    IF i have a target with mana so i can get pacts

    Your riftblade does better damage and doesn't have to deal with any conditions. You just push a button and things explode. It doesnt matter how much damage it does if its not LETHAL. If i cant KILL them then its like i did NOTHING.



    LOL i love it. You dont even understand the mechanics of the VK and you're trying to tell me how to play one.

    And you're basically saying that VK is super strong and telling me to use another soul in the same breath. Seriously bro, i think you need to set the crack pipe down and not pick it up again for at least 60 minutes before you post on these forums.
    Blah Blah Blah, I'm a noob who doesn't know what he is talking about. Great argument brah!

    Yes, I'm telling you to use another soul, dummy. Souls do not exist in isolation, you need to consider combinations in any build, duh. That being said, your argument is such nonsense I don't know why I'm replying.

    Learn to time your damage.
    Learn to play your class.

    The VK, is a powerful class. If you suck at it, its your fault, not the classes. If you honestly don't see the insane burst potential out of Discharge, its not my fault. If you can't do any DPS, maybe you should think about taking a pure dps soul along with the VK.

    The VK on its own has great burst, low sustained dps, moderative survivability vs physical, high survivability vs caster, and great anti-caster utility. AKA It's doing what its supposed to. Just because you don't have Riftblade/Champ/Para DPS, doesn't mean there is something wrong with your class, noob.

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Riftwalk is a riftblade ability. It seems that back in the day they wanted VK and riftblade to have good synergy.
    However riftblade is still pretty much the only viable second tree for tanks if you want to be able to do damage.

  7. #22
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Riftwalk is a riftblade ability. It seems that back in the day they wanted VK and riftblade to have good synergy.
    However riftblade is still pretty much the only viable second tree for tanks if you want to be able to do damage.
    They still have insane synergy.
    EU - Whitefall - Rhamza
    EU - Bloodiron - Ramza

  8. #23
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    Blah Blah Blah, I'm a noob who doesn't know what he is talking about. Great argument brah!

    Yes, I'm telling you to use another soul, dummy. Souls do not exist in isolation, you need to consider combinations in any build, duh. That being said, your argument is such nonsense I don't know why I'm replying.

    Learn to time your damage.
    Learn to play your class.

    The VK, is a powerful class. If you suck at it, its your fault, not the classes. If you honestly don't see the insane burst potential out of Discharge, its not my fault. If you can't do any DPS, maybe you should think about taking a pure dps soul along with the VK.

    The VK on its own has great burst, low sustained dps, moderative survivability vs physical, high survivability vs caster, and great anti-caster utility. AKA It's doing what its supposed to. Just because you don't have Riftblade/Champ/Para DPS, doesn't mean there is something wrong with your class, noob.
    The fact that you think VK has burst proves you dont know what youre talking about. Discharge on my 22 VK does 350 damage. Period. 5 times out of 100 that damage is 500 or so. Sitting there trying to pretend that a hit for 350 that is dependent on having pacts is "great burst" make you nothing more than a troll.

    But your blatant trolling aside, 9 year old, this thread isnt about disrupt or its cooldown or damage. All i wanted was for discharge not to be put on cooldown when it misses. THis thread is about bugs, abilities that suck so bad they are broken, and apparently tooltips that are from other souls. Between beta 7 and release they broke the VK a little. Its far less streamlined and functional than any other warrior soul. It has poor synergy with most other souls and theres no build that would take VK as a second or third soul and expect to be optimal.

    But you dont care about any of that. Youre just here to get a rise out of people by being an obnoxious idiot. Boring.
    Last edited by Nonsensei436; 02-26-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Talamare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foofmonger View Post
    I'm a noob who doesn't know what he is talking about.
    I agree .
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

    DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

  10. #25
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    For those who have not experienced legitimate PvP or played past 35.

    VK damage is fine, the crit rate scales well if you itemize for damage dealing. I currently run a champion off-soul for extra root(charge) and a nice strength bonus.

    VK potential like any warrior is maximized with team play, especially a healer. If I protect my healer and he does his job I run through groups of 5 at a time sometimes. Casters begin to focus you at that point and thus feed you unlimited pacts to make you do even more damage.

    Grab a team and see what a warrior from the void is really capable of, it is not disappointing I can tell that much.

    The most common issue I see is players wanting to take on the world, by themselves, in a MMOrpg.

  11. #26
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntjemmima View Post
    For those who have not experienced legitimate PvP or played past 35.

    VK damage is fine, the crit rate scales well if you itemize for damage dealing. I currently run a champion off-soul for extra root(charge) and a nice strength bonus.

    VK potential like any warrior is maximized with team play, especially a healer. If I protect my healer and he does his job I run through groups of 5 at a time sometimes. Casters begin to focus you at that point and thus feed you unlimited pacts to make you do even more damage.

    Grab a team and see what a warrior from the void is really capable of, it is not disappointing I can tell that much.

    The most common issue I see is players wanting to take on the world, by themselves, in a MMOrpg.
    I do run with a team that has 2 competent healers.

    Honestly i don't give a damn about VK DPS. I rolled the soul to shut down healers. All i ever said was that it was silly for discharge to be put on cool down when it misses considering what it takes, especially at low levels, to get 10 pacts.

    I also think some of our skills are worthless, and there are apparent bugs in our soul tree. In addition, i feel like our survivability is not on par with other defensive warrior souls which is a big problem in PvP.

    I am not advocating that void knight be buffed into a demigod. I am not saying that disrupt should be a 1 hit kill with no cooldown.

    I am saying that the VK soul is for ONE THING - shutting down casters - and right now the weakness, bugs, and incomplete feeling of the soul is hindering that function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    IF i can survive long enough to get the pacts
    IF i have a target with mana so i can get pacts
    i just wanna point to the talent that lets us give pacts from attacking targets with no manabar. with 5 points in it doesnt matter if the target uses mana or not.

    although people say RB doesnt go well anymore with VK i kinda disagree. Frozen armor and Flamespear are really neat to have as VK main. know its weird for warrior but kinda nice kitting as VK/RB.
    frozen armor->FS->convert to pacts-> 10 pacts = discharge. seems to work rly well imo

    edit: its true they should make convert to 2-6 again.
    Last edited by Wushan; 02-26-2011 at 08:54 PM.

  13. #28
    Ascendant Talamare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wushan View Post
    although people say RB doesnt go well anymore with VK i kinda disagree.
    No one says that
    People actually say the exact opposite

    to the point that combining the 2 is so common that its called Rift Knight
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

    DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

  14. #29
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Dont measure the class by its DPS, being able to lock down/out a caster is priceless. Making a casters mana bar dissappear by half or a third by one ability is really powerfully. Even then DPS is not bad I was usually in top 4 on DPS in the 1-20 warfronts and I consider myself just average at PVP. A VK job is not to DPS but to freeze out clerics primary and mages secondary. You are not going to get to many killing blows but if enjoy watching casters run away from you with their tails between their legs because they have no mana this is your class.

    The only issue so far that I have are like the original poster saying missing with discharge and triggering its timer really blows since that is our major ranged DPS and Devouring Blow does not generate pacts like the tooltip says (not sure if this is a bug or tooltip error).

  15. #30
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wushan View Post
    i just wanna point to the talent that lets us give pacts from attacking targets with no manabar. with 5 points in it doesnt matter if the target uses mana or not.
    Uhh blood from a stone only gives you a 25% chance to generate a single pact when using an ability. So autoattacks dont work. So in order to get a stack of pacts on a target without mana i would need to attack him 40 times with reckless strike. Not very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts