+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo Dps quest specc with tanking abilites

Soulwalker

Default Solo Dps quest specc with tanking abilites

So im trying to get a specc that will be good for solo questing but also let you join as a tank in dungeons

i have one for lvl 17 but i am really new to rift only played some hours in last beta would appriciate advice

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cLkh.Vhk0z.y0o.V0o
    Last edited by Khargaul; 02-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Khargaul View Post
    So im trying to get a specc that will be good for solo questing but also let you join as a tank in dungeons

i have one for lvl 17 but i am really new to rift only played some hours in last beta would appriciate advice

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cLkh.Vhk0z.y0o.V0o

Not trying to be disrespectful in any way, I just don't understand why you wouldn't just make a tank soul to go along with your DPS soul? Why try to meld the two together? Anyway, I hope you find your answers.

-Cheers

Soulwalker

for early stages lvling b4 i can have 2 different speccs then ill go with one purrley dps and one for tanking

Soulwalker

hi,

i had same problem when i started in B6.
    the build i came up with for soloing/questing was Voidknight main with Riftblade second.
    believe me when i say i tried everything xD
    think i made around 100 chars to test em hehe.
    but Voidknight/Riftblade really won me over. theres good dps from those 2 souls and i used sword/shield for "tanking" part for questing. at start flamespear is the skill to use once u get 4 points into riftblade. but once u can play with converting combopoints into pacts and using discharge ull get another fun dps.
    at lvl 15 i could kite melee elites lvl 20. frozen armor from riftblade slow em and spam firespear (or firelance forgott name) when u have the 3 attackpoints every warrior can have u concert into pacts. when 10 pacts u discharge. its pownage imo.
    as voidknight u also get the 0 point buff that helps with magic attack tanking. and since warrior can use plate its also decent for melee. shield helps aswell for melee.

but like i said: thats just what i played and loved after making 100+ chars hehe.
    forums can give u an idea but its up to you to make ur own build.
    u can always try voidknight/riftblade and at lvl 13 start learning all other warrior souls and make new build.

hope it was any help
    "rushes back to his VK/RB"

cheers

Soulwalker

Thanks alot! for the reply i will check it out , btw wich third soul did u go with? im leaning to a 3rd dps soul

Have a good time mate hope you slaughter well!

Soulwalker

i went with paladin now. just for first 2 talents. i think i might go 51 points in VK. 6 in Riftblade for flamespear and frozen armor. so that will leave 9 points unspend. so i might do 5 in armor % increased and 4 points in increased block.
    reason i went pala third now is cos seems like warriors take more dmg then they did in Beta. so ill go for pala and spend the 9 points like i said. dno how it will work out thou but respeccing ftw
    but so far im loving it with 6points in RB, rest in VK. when ill get over lvl 20 ill start adding the 9 points into pala.

cheers

edit: heres what i plan on for when dinging lvl 50 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...o.EeuqIkiudz.y
    Last edited by Wushan; 02-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

you builds will change alot over 5-10 levels see my sig for some advice to get to 20ish and as others have mentioned reaver is great post 20. Personally my fav was paladin/reaver.

+ Reply to Thread