+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strike Like Iron Still Worth It?

Plane Touched

Default Strike Like Iron Still Worth It?

Simple question, if I'm a 2h Champ, is it still worth using SLI in PvP? Is it better to just use a direct damage finisher? Thats the one annoying thing about playing champ, is having to stop every 12 secs to use SLI.

If its not worth it anymore, I'd rather try different soul combos with champ, other than just paragon.

Telaran

I wouldnt use it other than if you have combo points after killing someone or hitting a wayward pet or something and you are approaching a new target.

For PvE, yes it's worth it.

For PvP? Only when you are fighting clerics and a Necro (If you are unsure if you can bring the Necro down before he uses Soul Purge).
    Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - Pope John Paul II

Sanity's Requiem

Let me ask you a question. If you die just before your target does, and you know you had a clear chance to use SLI prior.. would you kick yourself in the butt as you were respawning and he was getting a heal??

SLI is simply the single best skill for 2pts. that there is... you use it when you can. If you know you can drop your target with Deathblow charged with 3AP's you do it, but if you can get that 30% buff up prior to really mixing it up.. you better.

Plane Touched

Yeah but is choosing paragon just to put 2 points into it worth it? I'd rather put points into VK to abuse discharge, or WL to abuse pull and root, or the pvp soul. I'm limited to only one of those options if I choose paragon.

Plane Touched

Any other opinions?

Ascendant

Of course it's worth it, but there are lots of builds that can go without it. Most magic based builds (rift/reaver/void any variation) benefits greatly from it as they don't really need mobility skills from other souls as much as phys war builds do. While leveling though, I see no better third soul than 2 para. There just aren't enough points to go into 3 trees until 40+.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 02-14-2011 at 08:09 PM.

The highest dps warriors will always have the paragon soul this is a FACT.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baconnaise View Post
    Pretty much true. There are some compromises here and there though, like 8 champion instead of 2 para for 5% all phys 18% non-finisher abilities and 10% finisher or 15% str. I mean, if you don't already have champ or para(again that's kind of rare that you don't for PvE dps) and are using a phys build it is comparable and does not require attack points to be used. Honestly SLI should be moved up past 10 point req... it still is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Pretty much true. There are some compromises here and there though, like 8 champion instead of 2 para for 5% all phys 18% non-finisher abilities and 10% finisher or 15% str. I mean, if you don't already have champ or para(again that's kind of rare that you don't for PvE dps) and are using a phys build it is comparable and does not require attack points to be used. Honestly SLI should be moved up past 10 point req... it still is too good.
    I'm surprised more people that are more active on the forums haven't said anything or knew about this. There are like three or four different parsers you can use for the game guys just an fyi .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Baconnaise View Post
    False, Rift/BM/Champ is highest single target dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintt View Post
    Thanks for playing! I wish you were correct and didn't rely on sketchy cat performance to come to that conclusion.
    Last edited by Baconnaise; 02-14-2011 at 08:46 PM.

With Deadly Strikes no longer affecting elemental damage, I wonder if this will remain true.

Champ/Rift/BM also is looking better than paragon.

Ascendant

After these changes nothing will do more single target dps than a paragon with 44 points for paired strike and 60% crit damage.on follow up attacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast