+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strike Like Iron Still Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    After these changes nothing will do more single target dps than a paragon with 44 points for paired strike and 60% crit damage.on follow up attacks.
    Unlikely that is true, but in about 12 days I will have a live warrior at 50 and will try both and see.

Most people are underestimating how important +hit% is in max level content. The devs have even hinted in interviews just how powerful +hit is.
    Last edited by Fluffycalico; 02-14-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    Unlikely that is true, but in about 12 days I will have a live warrior at 50 and will try both and see.
    He's on the right track though unless they nerf more than RB's.
    Last edited by Baconnaise; 02-14-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=341143&dateline=12977  55360

Wont see me using SLI in pvp. Certainly wont be picking up the paragon soul just for that. Champ/Rift/Vindi for my pvp soul.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

Plane Touched

I wanted to try Champ/VK/Warlord

I can go high enough up champ to get what I need, 38 points, enough in VK to get quality care, and enough in WL to get pull + root. I think having the VK and being able to abuse Discharge would add more DPS than what I'd get from SLI. OR swap Warlord for vindicator for just straight out damage.

Unless I find my DPS extremly lacking, I'll probably pass on paragon with my champ build.

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    After these changes nothing will do more single target dps than a paragon with 44 points for paired strike and 60% crit damage.on follow up attacks.
    There is nothing that can convince me to spent more than 31 pts in Paragon - WotW(38) is crap with the 10s CD, Paired Strike(44) is good but with long CD. Those 13 points spent in other trees can bring up more utility - like in Void for spamming discharge vs Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    I can go high enough up champ to get what I need, 38 points, enough in VK to get quality care, and enough in WL to get pull + root.
    With 38 in champ and 12 in warlord you only have enough points for 1/3 quality care.. 10% is hardly worth it and I'd go with spellbreaker for the 16th point if you're really keen on that build.

Yea pvp build wise I would fit VK in just about every build.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=341143&dateline=12977  55360

Shield of Telara

Its only worth it if you want to increase your DPS

If you want on demand burst, its the worst skill you could use your 3 points on

Amazing for pve keep it up all the time, in pvp keep it up on people with high health

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Definitely not the worst. There are a lot of times when I already have 3 points up and Inescapable Fury and/or Turn the blade procs. Use SLI and that's already 30% dmg to 3 instant skills straight up which would already make up for whatever 3 point burst you would have used in the first place. That's not even counting the rest of the time that SLI remains up after you do that initial burst.

I want to bring up another finisher to discussion - Shifting blades +75% on the next 3 attacks ;)
    Use this on Corthalis scenario (which is quite common) - Inescapable Fury + Turn the blade and extra Flinching Strike = GG

Yeah another great example there. PvP is not like PvE you can't just have a specific rotation saying this is the best dps bla bla bla. There are times when you have to react differently to various situations and it's best if you have all the tools to do so in the best possible way.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Its only worth it if you want to increase your DPS

Amazing for pve keep it up all the time, in pvp keep it up on people with high health
    Yeah it all depends on 3 things in PvP
    1. What the targets hp looks like after you've gained those 3 points.
    2. Will you have other targets once that target dies.
    3. Is he catching heals

If they're at low hp, and a finisher can kill them and they ARE catching heals, I say go for it, a non-damage GCD isn't worth letting them get topped off again even if it is a gamble. If they're at low enough hp that a finisher could kill them, but they aren't catching good heals and there are other players around SLI and kill them with 1 or 2 AP builders and move to the next guy with your 30% buff another ap builder and a 30% buffed finisher. Over half hp = always SLI.

@Stimuz
    Over half hp = always SLI if Shifting blades on CD ;)

Who woke up Stimuz?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2