+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shas
  • 1 Post By Shas

Thread: DPS and Stat Glitch?

Telaran

Default DPS and Stat Glitch?

I am aware that Rift is quite glitchy but the bug I encountered today has me baffled.

Short Story: My stats went up but my DPS went down.

Long Version: I have tried just about every Warrior spec on the forum before settling on 3(Riftblade | Paragon | Warlord). I have practiced all 3 about a 100 times and the results I almost always the same:

Paragon: 1mil or higher
    Warlord: 1mil of higher
    RiftBlade: 800-950k

After getting my Planar Champion Mace to Stage 7, I decide to replace the interlaced longsword. I went to the dummy to train and noticed I was doing 200-300k less DPS in all 3 Specs.

Disappointed with the Planar weapon, I decided to switch back to the Longsword/EW combo. Well, after the switch, I was still doing 200k less DPS. Has this ever happened to anyone... I have tested this too many times to be outside of the margin of error, How could I lose 200-300k DPS just from switch to and back from the Planar weapon.

Note:The only change to my gear in the last 2 days is my essence, I got 2 extra sunken prophet essence from DRRs, which gave me about 150 extra Crit power, every else should be the same. Also, below is a screenshot of a random training at the dummy yesterday for all 3 specs self buffed, as you can see Paragon and Warlord were over 1mil on both. RiftBlade was 975k.

Also, I was already doing 1 mil with Paragon and Warlord in IROTP gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPS and Stat Glitch?-warlord-dps.jpg   DPS and Stat Glitch?-riftblade-dps.jpg   DPS and Stat Glitch?-paragon.jpg   DPS and Stat Glitch?-current-stats.jpg   DPS and Stat Glitch?-gear2.jpg  

Last edited by codeblue001; 06-06-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Telaran

Default Example of DPS Loss

I just wanted to show my last dummy training today in RB Spec. Here I am struggling to get to 700k, whereas yesterday I easily did 975k. Sames buffs, with slighly more CP today. I have tried all 3 specs now multiple times and I can barely get to 700k in RB, and 800k in WL and Para. Not sure if the DPS meter is broken, I have reset it several times, but everything started after I equipped the planar weapon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPS and Stat Glitch?-dps-tpday.jpg  

Plane Touched

Unequip and re-equip the eternal weapon. The buff sometimes doesn't register.

Telaran

Default Something is still off

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    Unequip and re-equip the eternal weapon. The buff sometimes doesn't register.
    I was almost certain what you suggested was the solution because the DPS I am doing now is similar to what I was doing pre-EW blue, but alas, nothing changed after I unequipped and reequipped the EW. At one point my RB came close to 900k, but many tries, after all, ended at 600k

I also thought it could be because I checked "cast on targets target while testing another spec yesterday, but after unchecking it nothing changed. I even restarted my client a few times to make sure the change took effect

Another reason I am sure something is off is normally when I practice at the dummy, in the first 15 secs my DPS usually starts off really high, sometimes reach 1.7mil, before finally normalizing at 1.1mil DPS around 45 secs, but after the planar weapon issue, my DPS is now starting really low around 200k then slowly creeping up 500-600k.

Edit: There is something screwy definitely going on. I just tested my DPS on the Dummy without Buffs self Buffs and was doing about 700k DPS. I guess I will wait to try again tomorrow maybe it will fix itself. Thanks!
    Last edited by codeblue001; 06-06-2021 at 08:06 PM.

First stat screenshot shows stats in Warlord (block is enabled) second shows it in Riftblade.
    The star% unlocks in the souls cause differences naturaly.

To dps plummiting on Riftblade: You run the runners training mastery, then click Avatar of Rift and Avatar of Wind, making Avatar of rift drop which means missing 25% dmg - an absolute classic.
    On the other hand you have a kalert for it ..

Jeah champ wep is pretty terrible with lower wep dmg while forced into the mainhand slot.
    Also make sure your parade ring cycles are up.
    The overall lower resist and armor suggests that 1st ss had leftover support buffs up.
    Second stats have odd spellcrit as if a mystical fragment replaced a good one. Check your earth and life fragments.
    I can also imagine being frustrated leads to tests back to back, forgetting to reset Omnox inbetween.

Warlord: You have alot of Koth and too little PT, also no DS. As if you used Battlefield Experience but then the PT macro.
    Rfiftblade: Rift Burst is way too low in % should be 24-26%. That breakdown suggests that 21Rift bursts did a total of 6.7m damage .. looks like you stoped using Burst Synergy somehow. Which would stil have 8 RB do 6.7m together. Looks like a finisher macro with Fiery and Rift burst together.

Back when doing preloader uber, there in fact sometimes was an odd thing of shared buff stats getting ignored until relogging. But not as severe as halving the dmg which usually is just missing buffs/legendaries/screwed up masteries.

If sht is not getting better i can offer to take a look via Discord streaming
    Last edited by Shas; 06-06-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Telaran

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    First stat screenshot shows stats in Warlord (block is enabled) second shows it in Riftblade.

To dps plummiting on Riftblade: You run the runners training mastery, then click Avatar of Rift and Avatar of Wind, making Avatar of rift drop which means missing 25% dmg - an absolute classic.

Jeah champ wep is pretty terrible with lower wep dmg while forced into the mainhand slot.
    The overall lower resist and armor suggests that 1st ss had leftover support buffs up.
    Second stats have odd spellcrit as if a mystical fragment replaced a good one. Check your earth and life fragments.
    I can also imagine being frustrated leads to tests back to back, forgetting to reset Omnox inbetween.

Warlord: You have alot of Koth and too little PT, also no DS. As if you used Battlefield Experience but then the PT macro.
    Rfiftblade: Rift Burst is way too low in % should be 24-26%. That breakdown suggests that 21Rift bursts did a total of 6.7m damage .. looks like you stoped using Burst Synergy somehow. Which would stil have 8 RB do 6.7m together. Looks like a finisher macro with Fiery and Rift burst together.

Back when doing preloader uber, there in fact sometimes was an odd thing of shared buff stats getting ignored until relogging. But not as severe as halving the dmg which usually is just missing buffs/legendaries/screwed up masteries.

If sht is not getting better i can offer to take a look via Discord streaming
    Thanks, Shas... I tried it this morning and although better I can tell something is still off. I have a few errands to run today and probably won't be able to play until later in the afternoon, but I will try your suggestions and provide some feedback later when I get a chance. I might also take you up on your discord offer. Thanks!

Telaran

Default Issue seems to have been resolved. Thanks!

It looks like the earrings might have been the issue. After unequipping and re-equipping it, my DPS went back to normal. I did 1mil(977.3k)DPS on RB and about 1.1mil on Warlord. Paragon is still screwy but I think that may be a Macro issue. I may have mistakenly replaced something while testing some builds.

I initially thought the stats we screwed up, so my original post had a section about stats, so I took it out after I realized it was due to the spec change, this was before anyone replied.

I don't fully understand what you mean here. Are you telling me to check to see if I mistakenly took Runners mastery instead of energy reserves?

There was another Warrior in-game chat the other day who has a fully upgraded planar weapon and said he did not see any boost to his DPS. I think I will just keep trying for the TDNM 1H. Maybe RNG Jesus will intervene

Unfortunately, I have not fully graduated from the Ezpz for beginners which does not have DS. You are right about PT, until recently I only used the KOTS macro for KOTS, So I usually hit it once or twice. The same issue with RB, I am using JSJoe Easy version macro, so I have less control over burst synergy. I tried playing this the right way but I do 200K less DPS due to trying to keep up with too much

Yeah, this whole thing has been really weird. While I can't 100% confirm that the Planar weapon is the cause, but I am very hesitant to equip it again after this mess.

The earring cycles sometimes completely stop after a teleport- gotta reequip them then.

Champ wep: There is a hickup if you have a glow effect active and equip it for the first time, the champ wep cycles will be blocked. Mega weird.

But yes a maxed out Champ wep will have no gain for everyday play. You need to sweat alot to get a noteworthy bonus out of it.

To Riftblade: You can select energy reserves which allows for 2 Avatar buffs - but it proccs power which is a dmg loss.
    So you would select 64 2/4 , buff 2 avatars and swich back to runner's for no more power procc.

Forgetting about that another day and just clicking 2 avatars will only apply one which may have you run without Avatar of Rift without noticing.

Though the earring cycle alone should not cause 20% + dps loss, nice that it's back2normal now6
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

+ Reply to Thread