+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kelyk
  • 1 Post By Kelyk

Thread: Can some please explain how Hit works in Rift

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    67

    Default Can some please explain how Hit works in Rift

    I have a question about hit. I currently have 2525 hit, and the description says I only need 2400 for T2.

    Does 2400 mean I will never miss in a T2? If so, is having anything over 2400 pointless at this stage pointless? Or is it like other MMOs, where you never really have 100% hit and with each additional point in hit, you are less likely to miss.

    I am asking for 2 main reasons:
    1. I have my planar champion mace at Stage 7, but it only has 150 hit, so if I replace my current offhand with the planar weapon, I would go from 2525 to 2400. Is this a DPS loss?

    2. If 2400 hit means I never miss in T2 raids, does that mean the Elemental Flux talent, which gives my Blade buff 15% additional chance to hit, in the Riftblade soul and similar talent are pointless since I have 100% hit.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Kelyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    If the raid requires 2400 hit, then you only need 2400 hit and having more will confer no extra benefits. It has nothing to do with dps, crits, dodge, block, etc.

    Being below the required hit means some of your abilities will be resisted entirely, so as long as you're above the required hit, you're fine. Being at 2400 hit vs 2550 makes no difference.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    If the raid requires 2400 hit, then you only need 2400 hit and having more will confer no extra benefits. It has nothing to do with dps, crits, dodge, block, etc.

    Being below the required hit means some of your abilities will be resisted entirely, so as long as you're above the required hit, you're fine. Being at 2400 hit vs 2550 makes no difference.
    Hi Kelyk ... I appreciate the feedback, does that mean that talents that increase my chance to hit are worthless, or am I off point here?

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Kelyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Storm Blade is a buff that causes weapon attacks to deal additional damage, with a base 25% chance to proc, Elemental Flux increases that to 50%. The Hit stat has nothing to do with the chance for Blade buffs to proc, just because the tooltip says "gains additional chance to hit" doesn't mean Hit is involved. It means "gains additional chance to proc by 25%." Hit has literally nothing to do with ability procs or interactions.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    67

    Default Awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    Storm Blade is a buff that causes weapon attacks to deal additional damage, with a base 25% chance to proc, Elemental Flux increases that to 50%. The Hit stat has nothing to do with the chance for Blade buffs to proc, just because the tooltip says "gains additional chance to hit" doesn't mean Hit is involved. It means "gains additional chance to proc by 25%." Hit has literally nothing to do with ability procs or interactions.
    Thanks for the explanation. I understand it a lot better now.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts