+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stand Tall! deactivated?

Telaran

Default Stand Tall! deactivated?

Hello,
    it seems that "Stand Tall!" does not work anymore.
    every time i try to cast it, it says "deactivated"...

Does anyone know why? Any patchnotes i've missed? a bug?
    Last edited by MegaChroniX; 01-04-2021 at 10:54 AM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Yes, it has temporarily been disabled due to an issue. Read more below.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5402626

Plane Walker

How is that "more information"? I don't think a vague promise of trying to fix it qualifies as information. What is wrong with it, what "exploitive" thing was happening, do you have an estimate for how long it'll take you to fix this, what will the ability's behavior be like after the fix, etc.? I just lost a decent chunk of my self-healing. Was it really so urgent that you needed to make an emergency hotfix to disable it rather than just fixing it when it's ready?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    How is that "more information"? I don't think a vague promise of trying to fix it qualifies as information. What is wrong with it, what "exploitive" thing was happening, do you have an estimate for how long it'll take you to fix this, what will the ability's behavior be like after the fix, etc.? I just lost a decent chunk of my self-healing. Was it really so urgent that you needed to make an emergency hotfix to disable it rather than just fixing it when it's ready?
    Stacking multiple Stand Talls! on one target unintentionally increased the healing that target receives from ALL HEALING by an exponential amount. With 3 Stand Talls on a tank, a Farseer's healing goes from ~2m to over 20m because of the exponential increase on the tank. It was addressed because of an exploit that involves stacking Stand Talls and using a Sentinel to place Wrathful Exuberance on them as well, which converts 75% of healing done into damage on a target. A certain group of 9 warriors and 1 cleric went into BoS to use this exploit, and I will not go into more details on this specific event but I will say with the exploit they managed to kill Azranel in about 10 seconds.

Kerilar has stated in the Heroes of Telara discord that a fix will come with this weeks maintenance patch, but did not specify what the exact fix will be. It is assumed that he is fixing the unintended exponential increase of all heals via stacking them, but we won't be certain til Thursday.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

Would have been nice if they had disabled the sentinel ability instead while they worked on a "fix". This is only minorly inconvenient for the stronger groups but will make it bloody impossible for the weaker ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Would have been nice if they had disabled the sentinel ability instead while they worked on a "fix". This is only minorly inconvenient for the stronger groups but will make it bloody impossible for the weaker ones.

Warchanter is bis on isiel due to the quick and relyable absorption output.
    The stand tall stacking currently enables any Warrior build with 2 Warchanter to infuse another charakter in a way that it sudenly changes the core aspects of the spec.

Warchanter looping healing% for himself into million ticks is but a convenience.
    Warchanter losing the Looping healing, the Eternal power reg. and Battlesong aoe damage will bring a more diverse range of healers on the board.

There are EXTREMELY easy free to play ways to make up for the curently "missing healing" with barely any dps cost for the group.

See it as a challenge

//Yes the information on the disable is vague, but they always try to "not promote bugs for future use".

I personally think that BoS armor isn't nearly as valuable as they handle it to prioritisd fixing exploits regarding "easy bos drops" on it over EoA runs and pvp.

-> The Exuberance concept is over 2 years old, got pm'ed and reported. A year ago, Kelyk documented a test on a World Boss, but it always takes a bos use to have things addressed..
    Who is making those priority decisions?

Regarding this priority, Everyone get ready for Removebuff Assassin becomming a viable pve build.
    Sorry pvp, got to stack 10 Assassins on Azranel.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-10-2021 at 03:13 AM.

i return to the game and they've removed my stand tall
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

Shield of Telara

Shas, I'm aware of all of that. I don't know who you raid with these days but I have two guilds (one on NA and one on EU) that just shrug and go 3/3 anyway and I have two little guilds (one on each side) whose BOS team just fell over cause all they can do is 1/3 now.

All I'm pointing out is that there would have been easier ways to address the exploits without annoying people. This will probably have a higher cost in lost players (and therefor lost revenue) for Gamigo than if they had approached this from a different angle.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    Stacking multiple Stand Talls! on one target unintentionally increased the healing that target receives from ALL HEALING by an exponential amount. With 3 Stand Talls on a tank, a Farseer's healing goes from ~2m to over 20m because of the exponential increase on the tank. It was addressed because of an exploit that involves stacking Stand Talls and using a Sentinel to place Wrathful Exuberance on them as well, which converts 75% of healing done into damage on a target. A certain group of 9 warriors and 1 cleric went into BoS to use this exploit, and I will not go into more details on this specific event but I will say with the exploit they managed to kill Azranel in about 10 seconds.

Kerilar has stated in the Heroes of Telara discord that a fix will come with this weeks maintenance patch, but did not specify what the exact fix will be. It is assumed that he is fixing the unintended exponential increase of all heals via stacking them, but we won't be certain til Thursday.
    That answers almost all of my questions; thank you!

Maybe a CM will chime in to answer the last one, and we'll all learn why a four-year-old (or older?) bug that added some novelty value to three-year-old PvE content suddenly had to be emergency hotfixed.

All should be addressed in tomorrow's patch. I wish they had listened to community feedback and temporarily disabled Wrathful Exuberance instead of Stand Tall!, but losing Stand Tall! for 3 days is nothing more than a minor annoyance.
    Last edited by Kelyk; 01-05-2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Shas, I'm aware of all of that. I don't know who you raid with these days but I have two guilds (one on NA and one on EU) that just shrug and go 3/3 anyway and I have two little guilds (one on each side) whose BOS team just fell over cause all they can do is 1/3 now.

All I'm pointing out is that there would have been easier ways to address the exploits without annoying people. This will probably have a higher cost in lost players (and therefor lost revenue) for Gamigo than if they had approached this from a different angle.
    Yes it was very sudden and all we can do is wait for the results.

Regarding 1/3 id

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...FhCp0/gww|TLXM
    Try this. You have an Archon anyway and this is also free to play.

-> Keep up Living Storm with the Eternal and Entropic Veil
    -> Vile Spores as default cast

bonus:
    -> Granite Salvo occasionaly for the Earth Bulwark
    -> Archon hardhits only with procc + Entropic Veil

This can heal 2-7mil/sec and do 550k dps.
    It can even soloheal Itrop.

(If your Archon "has it" and it "doesnt heal that much", he has the wrong one)
    Eternal+Living Storm does most of the healing and brutaly scales up on leftover adds. win win.

That should help with your and your friends id issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelyk View Post
    All should be addressed in tomorrow's patch. I wish they had listened to community feedback and temporarily disabled Wrathful Exuberance instead of Stand Tall!, but losing Stand Tall! for 3 days is nothing more than a minor annoyance.

He has to disable it anyway.
    Rift has this weird thing that every tweak on Rift assets has an impact on live.
    Not Disabling St while working on it whould have it do super wild magic now.
    Somehow things are not really separated from the live build.

Any news on a fix or nah?
    NQ - Foo

Misinterpreted Kerilar's message, fix should come with next week's patch. Hopefully.

Plane Walker

Still disabled. Maybe one more week, hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast