+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanky leveling with self heal

Soulwalker

Default Tanky leveling with self heal

Hey guys, returning player here !

I've stopped the game after the second raid (alsbeth ?) and here i am again, with my wife, for a cosy leveling session and some dungeons...
    She'll play a rogue, mostly DPS (mostly ranger for the easy gameplay, so she wont support me).

back then, i played a cleric who could dps heal and tank, with lot of instant instant self heal and life drain throught Vex dot, the duracell for the old ones ;)

I wanted to reproduce something similar with a warrior, here is my output

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...GkyB5iEEw/8gB0

- You apply soul sicknes and necrotic wound on as many target as you can while runing / pulling.
    - They're builders, so Recovery posture will heal you.
    - when the pack is ready, Dire corruption for more dots and increase damages with Pandemic synergy
    Then we can aoe both DPS.

- In case of emergency i can heal myself with Battle field medic or Paladin soul.

can you enlight me, if this build seems good enought for aoe leveling / rift and dungeons ?
    i'am level 18 right now and dont have any soul pack
    Last edited by Kaias26; 05-28-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Wink

Each Reaver dot would take 1.5 seconds to apply. This may take a while to pull one-by-one

It surely works as you intend it. Not sure about the Reaver dot-healing as the basic dots without upgrades do pretty ****ty dmg. Inq's dot healing is hp% based, Reaver dot healing is damage based.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...iASmiAGl4/8gB0
    You may enjoy this one. More flashy, less Power problems. Use Mark of Inevitability which causes some threat from great range to pull alot.
    While in the thick of it, you can use Chains of Life for very potent heals - while Pala blocks can provide combopoints.

Warlord is always great for leveling and it goes very well with Paladin. I think Champion will provide you similar/ better heals and more passive stats that work nicely into your other aspects. (+25% strength = more AP = more Recovery Posture)

Not the duracell-vibes but you may enjoy the more direct approach.

I would even drop one point from Warlord and Battlefield Medic to get 24 Champion.
    Inescapeable + Righteous Charge is just too funny.

Roleplay comparison for the playstyle would be lotr Gimli
    (besides the Berserker growing effect)

You can zoom through hords of mobs with your Bull Rush and Righteous Charge, spam Mark of Inev. grab them with your Purify Land and Judgement, bind them with 2-3 Sweeping Stikes and grind them down with Mighty Blow, Bladefury, Chains of Life, Shared Suffering, Savage Sweep, Retaliation, Backhand and Light's Reprisal.
    Backhand resets on blocks (which you will do alot) and can become quite costy, Champion's Grim Satisfaction will help stabilising the power.

-> this is a max Champion and way more squishy than your Paladin. Check out the Mark-tagging and clutch selfheals from Chains of Life
    https://youtu.be/P8UxRiURKMQ?t=558
    Last edited by Shas; 05-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Soulwalker

wow thx for the feedback !
    i'll wait to have a few more level with my current build and then i'll try yours.

I'am just not sure about having an AOE finisher instead of two DoT builders for my self heal in single target situation
    I guess i need to test

A few question tho, if you dont mind :

What do you think about "Weapon defense", a little absorb is good instead of Battlefield medic for example ?

Mighty Blow, Bladefury, Chains of Life, Shared Suffering, Savage Sweep, Retaliation, Backhand and Light's Reprisal.
    Just to be sure,
    - Bladefury and Chains of Life are both AOE finisher
    - Mighty Blow and Savage Sweep are both AOE builders.
    is there a point to use both of them, if i create a macro for exemple ?

Is backhand a finisher too ? (he use Attacks point but does he consume them ?)

What spell are impacted by Agressive gardian "attacks that must follow a block" ?

What's the poit of "Combat veteran" i'll play with two hand sword or two sword with the same effectiveness as sword and shield ?
    Last edited by Kaias26; 05-29-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Red face

You will quite simply take less damage from a Boss than from 4+ elite mobs.

You gave 3 attack types with Paladin:

Builder st: Light's Decree, Pacifying Strike, Sweeping Strike (high threat)
    Builder aoe: Mighty Blow, Savage Sweep (aoe dot every 15 sec), Sweeping Strike (High threat)

Finisher st: Righteous Blow (rather keep 3cp for more Backhand dmg and having them ready for Chains of Life
    Finisher aoe: Chains of life (brutal aoe lifesteal), Blade Furry (More dmg)

Off global cooldowns with no combo point change: Retaliation (powerful bonus for blockrating + good dmg), Backhand (nice dmg, constantly ready as tank, more dmg with 3cp passive), Light's Vengeance (st dot- mainly for threat), Light's Reprisal (some bonus aoe)

You can create a macro for every strike and slap the ogcd's below every strike

St builder would look like:

#show Light's Decree
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Pacifying Strike
    cast Light's Decree
    cast Retaliation
    cast Backhand
    cast Light's Reprisal
    cast light's Vengeance

Retaliation is unique and allows Warri to have by far the most Blockrating - especially on low level, +30% free blockchance is massive. Let your Bow-Pet focus on casters First.

(Light's Decree has 20m range and is more of a backup- just pull additional mobs into the bossfight as heal pinatas)

put a // before a line until you unlock it.

Yes, Weapon Defense is great. It is very cheap, low cd and has no penalty.

Buffs are btw: Protecror's Fury | Recovery Posture | Slayer's Bearing | Shared Suffering

Unlike other classes, you don't need your Guardbuff until raids. In that build, Shield of the Hero gives more penalty than buff.

When you find a great onehander (blue one eetc), multiply it's tooltip dps x1.3 and see if that's more than from your 2h. If so, use it with ANY offhand available.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...EAEiA/38s|PdXM
    Here is an absolutely brutal offensive tank with st dps focus (pre lvl 70)
    Concept is to have the required threat but then make fights really short.
    Very advanced tho
    Cancelbuff Turn The Blade before Killing Field etc.
    Warlord is somewhat of a tank by itself.
    You can always balance 32Wl 30Pala with defense vs offense unlocking more in one or the other
    Last edited by Shas; 05-29-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Soulwalker

i kinda asked the same question on another topic, but with Righteous Blow on top of the macro, wont you use it even without 3points if you spam, resulting in a dps loss ?

I was thinking about that setup :

ST builder (spam)
    ---
    Light's Decree (12s, 4mobs, extra aoe damage for single target)
    Pacifying strike
    Retaliation (6s, consume light shield)
    Backhand (10s, reset on block)
    Lights vengeance (ranged, 8s, consume light shield)

AOE builder (spam with more than 4/5 targets)
    ---
    Light's Decree (12s, 4mobs, extra aoe damage for single target)
    Light's Reprisal (16s, consume light shield)
    Savage Sweep (+bleed) (with shift modifier to avoid spam)
    Sweeping Strike (10mobs, extra threat)

AOE finisher (when 3 points and healing needed)
    ----
    Chains of Life (5mobs)

ST taunt
    ---
    Sergeant's Order
    Interfere

AOE taunt
    -----
    Purify Land (30s)
    Judgment (20s)

heal
    ----
    Touch of Life (2min)
    Light's Protection (bonus heal 1m)
    lights blessing (8s)
    battlefield medic (8s)
    lights balms (3s)
    Last edited by Kaias26; 05-29-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kaias26 View Post
    i kinda asked the same question on another topic, but with Righteous Blow on top of the macro, wont you use it even without 3points if you spam ?
    Was on mobile, i meant Pacifying Strike.

-> Don't hesitate to use Retaliation as Priority, even on aoe.

For st, just keeping the 3 combopoints and have them buff Backhand should be a performance gain over any st finisher really. As you said, it indeed is somewhat of a finisher but not consuming combo points.

-> Using abilities in a macro will create an artificial igcd of ~0.1 sec between them. So a macro with 4 ogcd's will take some ~0.4 secs to fire them all off.
    That's why we usually put the gcd abilities on the top as priority and ogcd's below them - that way they get used inbetween the gcd's.

But jeah looks about right what you have.

->Add Champion's Mark of Ineviteability (separate) to get the attention of alot of mobs very quick. It has much more range than your strikes and can be used alongside other things. Quite a helpful tool for your aoe pull plans!
    Last edited by Shas; 05-29-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Soulwalker

oh ! got your point !
    it's kinda better to keep attack point for backhand than spend them for a finisher (or at least for Chains of Life when needed ! )

i've edited the macros, should be ok :3

and yeah, i've seen the video with Mark of Ineviteability, i'll use it outside the macro ;)
    Last edited by Kaias26; 05-29-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Wink

Neat!

Feel free to update on how it's going and flowing through the levels.

+ Reply to Thread