Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Question: Why even roll a Warrior after Beta6 Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Some people like rolling alts and sucking at everything end game. What about the players who like to work one class to max gear and abilities....
    Damn you really think what you type don't you? "End game" isn't everything hate to tell you. MANY people enjoy all aspects of the game, not just maxing your character as quickly as possible to sit around waiting to raid. If that's what you like - more power to you, but don't confuse NOT sitting around waiting to raid end game with sucking. You spend your time money how you see fit, so do others.

As for Warriors, its beta and changes will keep happening, look at the games that have been out 5+ years and they're still trying to balance/adjust classes for PvE and PvP content.
    ziboo
    Hammerfist Clan - Faeblight

"Never argue with stupid, it drags you down to it's level, then beats you with experience."

Rift Chaser

i love the explanation "i have a bad feeling"

Rift Disciple

bcuz I don,t care about healing,range dps and I prefer beeing in plate then having a stealth option.

I mean WTF the OP is trying to point ?

Rift Disciple

They buffed 2h damage for warriors 9though the 2h spec as well as better deadly strikes or w/e it's called) they buffed dw damage for paragon (but removed deadly strikes from them, so probably about the same as they were before) buffed riftblade's damage.. What exactly do you want?

Warriors are still going to be awesome tanks. Whether or not a riftstalker can tank too or only off tank isn't relevant, warrior will always be a great tank. Paragon looks like a very strong solo pvp build (if you like to solo) or high sustained dps (just need other people in a group to provide burst) Champ is a great build, void knight is going to make mana users cry. Riftblades got a buff to their damage..

What's not to like? Sure your chosen build might've got destroyed with the beta 6 changes, but so what? Make a new one!

Ascendant

You guys really took this the wrong way. Sit back and think for a second. I am just saying that the warrior class does not seem to have the same options as other classes. The question was whether it should or should not. The point being that if you want variety and have multiple choices in the game and it seemed like rogue was a better choice. With bard you can heal. With markmans you go ranged damage. With riftstalker you can tank. With other souls you can melee.. and to top it all off you can go stealth.

It is more like taking some of the old ideas and throwing them out of the picture. Maybe normalize healing across all classes. Get rid of a healing class and make heal abilities global to every class.

It is funny so many of you took this so personally and freaked out. Relax. LOL

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gorv View Post
    Right now, warriors are the best tanks and the best dps - but I have a feeling that wont be enough for majorin who failed at playing the most ezmode class in warhammer online, the only thing he is good at is making himself look like a fool on forums
    I reported all you guys because it really has no place in a forum like this. Please stay on topic with the thread and try not to rant or be insulting. LOL. By the tone of your posts I think most people have figured out real fast how immature you guys are.

The problem is some people might have good ideas and be afraid to post due to yourself and others like you. I hope the moderators take some action or these forums will end up like a rodeo.
    Last edited by Majorin; 02-05-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tiennen07 View Post
    As a rogue tank you have:

physical mitigation and high threat.

tell me, good sir, what a rogue tank has against spells.
    It is also my opinion that a rogue tank will not scale very well with level, leaving them at the off-tank slot for end-game raids rather than a main tank.

Warriors look like theyre gonna be ballin tanks.

but, they also look to be good for melee dps and pvp, since the changes to Champion make their 2H dmg ridiculously high.
    I think maybe you should try playing a rogue first. The Rift shields that they get mitigate ALL damage. Not just physical. And they have a higher avoidance than warriors. So far at 31, I scale just fine. Tanking as a Riftstalker is the easiest tanking I've ever done. On the plus side, I don't have to carry a big arse shield. Dual Wield tanking ftw
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    Rogues manliness level = 3/10
    Warriors manliness level = 11/10

Your move
    You keep telling yourself that, mister "I need heavy armor and a shield to tank!"
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

Plane Touched

My warrior was consistantly getting top damage done by 10-20k and top KB's at 23 in the 20-29 Warfronts, with a shield. Warriors are just fine, you just need to not use ******ed soul combos.

Warrior's shouldn't have as many options, they are a simpler class, period. What would you have them do? Heal? It's called being a cleric, because bards and chloromancers arn't real healers, despite what the rift fanboys will say to try and justify otherwise. I can already tank, melee dps, ranged dps, and use a pet. What the **** else do you want us to be able to do? We can CC and debuff, we can go anti magic, bypass armor. We have pulls, and charges and heal debuffs. We can use a shield, a 2her, or dual wield. Not as versatile as the other archetypes, but for a reason, having warriors be able to heal or do anything else, and there'd be no reason to roll anything but a warrior.

My spec is ranged DPS, out of the dozens of warfronts I've been in, i've seen maybe 1 or 2 marksmen outdamage me.

Hey it's Majorin

ravageravageravage
    Last edited by Kakiro; 02-05-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Your move
    LOL! Well played, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    While reading through the majority of the posts on this site, it doesn't take long to realize that most people in these betas don't have the proper mindset to be there. Every change is followed by an onslaught of cry threads from people thinking they're set in stone. Wah I quite. Omg how can I get my money back from my CE order!? You're screwing us Trion, I can't kill things in two hits anymore this is BS! Have some dignity people and at least act like you understand what you're participating in.
    Woah woah. Time out T-Mart That is true about a lot of the people posting around here, but this forum is not a representative sample of the people playing in beta. And neither are the server-wide chat channels, for that matter. It's just that the people 'without the proper mindset' are always the most vocal, just like in politics.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Llars View Post
    Woah woah. Time out T-Mart That is true about a lot of the people posting around here, but this forum is not a representative sample of the people playing in beta. And neither are the server-wide chat channels, for that matter. It's just that the people 'without the proper mindset' are always the most vocal, just like in politics.
    Palin

Case and point.

Soulwalker

I sort of understand where the OP is coming from. I've tanked IT, FC and BK. Paladin as a main soul, and my friends and I like to switch it up a lot. So sometimes I tank, or another highly geared warrior does, or one of our two rogues.

Rogue tanks seem a lot better than warrior tanks at this level. A lot better. I'm just hoping that at end game, we won't be totally replaced. I hope there will be some raid content where a warrior MT is absolutely necessary. Right now rogues can mitigate so much, while dual wielding and owning in PVE.

Has anyone ever had a duel/battle with an assassin/rift build? Crazy mitigation, good DPS.

Warrior is by far the most fun class I have played. And I will probably play it at launch. I just don't want to see rogues making warriors redundant, while doing more dps, better tanking, having awesome heals and being OP while ranged.

We will have to wait and see how it all comes together at 50.
    Last edited by Anachron1sm; 02-05-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Anachron1sm View Post
    I sort of understand where the OP is coming from. I've tanked IT, FC and BK. Paladin as a main soul, and my friends and I like to switch it up a lot. So sometimes I tank, or another highly geared warrior does, or one of our two rogues.

Rogue tanks seem a lot better than warrior tanks at this level. A lot better. I'm just hoping that at end game, we won't be totally replaced. I hope there will be some raid content where a warrior MT is absolutely necessary. Right now rogues can mitigate so much, while dual wielding and owning in PVE.

Has anyone ever had a duel/battle with an assassin/rift build? Crazy mitigation, good DPS.

Warrior is by far the most fun class I have played. And I will probably play it at launch. I just don't want to see rogues making warriors redundant, while doing more dps, better tanking, having awesome heals and being OP while ranged.

We will have to wait and see how it all comes together at 50.
    Yup and thank you. I hope more people play the classes and bring these issue to the devs attention for an adjustment. Not advocating a nerf for anything but the classes have to work.

My comment regarding variety still stands. If a warrior should not heal and that is the job of a cleric then should a cleric tank??? Re-think this stuff. The whole point is this a game that is fun with classes that should work and are meaningful. Also, the classes should have variety.

Shadowlander

Your move
    Your stupidity lvl is over 9000/10

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast