+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: World record DPS attempt 2019 Week2

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Since it's not even an exploit or game breaking
    I don't know about that. I had the pts server lagging a while back when I tested it.
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 02-01-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Other than Entropic Veil + Sire Storm, nothing works against any tooltips. On the contrary it's just a couple mechanics working together (such as bofors) being so situational that it's a miracle to make it being worth the effort in the first place.
    But please let me first get it done right once then we can see if we are even talking about the same 'it' Besides that- when are the servers not laging ?

Btw when are you going to update the 4.5 Riftblade op? the forum rules prevent me from posting a threat of an existing topic while more and more often i spend time with new RB players which are left with alot of questions of which was intendet to be covered in the guide section. May need to add a short summary of warr basics such as 1h wep dmg mechanic, reaver/temepst melee range bonus, scald mechanic, aoe priority list st/3t/5t+ rotation adaptations etc ; may latest experience showed that even when you thought you made it very beginner friendly and basic people are left with stuff you took for granted. - Kind regards
    Last edited by Shas; 02-01-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Telaran

Since it's not even an exploit or game breaking i planned to make a nice clean how-to but first i wanted to use it on it's full potential ONCE which didn't happen yet.
    If its the spec that is teased in the screenshots... oh boy then i'm really excited to see a "good" paragonspec again (even if its just a tiny niche spec)

By world record you mean the 40 raiders that still play?
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

No a speed record on the salt you are spreading

No a speed record on the salt you are spreading
    Congrats?
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

Feel free to hop on and do something new. AoE2 didn't get a reboot bc people were complaining for years.
    People want new stuff- here is new stuff.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-02-2019 at 09:13 AM.

AoE2 didn't get a reboot bc people were complaining for years.
    Now that you mentioned it, the genius of AoE2 (Age of Empires 2) is the option to build scenarios and have multiple live people participating in it. Rift should take a similar path, as Bamu has suggested this in the form of making raid "scenarios".

@Devs
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Lightbulb

'Create your own class for every situation'
    I stick with that promise and still take it as the core of what RIFT ever was. To a certain degree you can create situations aswell - i think every player easily comes up with genius raid ideas within the duration of a bio break. Things like nightmare rifts- for me- look like an ideal place for custom made Boss + Mechanics sandbox- Having a quest station where you combine certain stats and save it onto a boss pool - calculating reward for toughness points(like a tabletop game where every extra equip or ability adds to a cost number, forcing you to balance it automaticly. (Tarjula with a candle left right mechanic from 60 Bloodfire RR). Adding a quick like dislike option on the reward icon and you get RIFTS which are community approved.
    Someone may make a 'i want something like..' raid encounter Spreadsheet/ mindmap.?
    I personaly miss encounter where you have to utilise the classes even more (like Eggtender range tank)

But there we are 'adding to the game' ..
    Last edited by Shas; 02-06-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Plane Touched

yeah i also miss when game forces you to have some otherwise useless role in raid just to kill a boss.

If you are real about that and refer to the 'Chondom' / 'Reflectpyro' etc, +1 . It underlines the 'Create your class for every situation' Philosophy.
    Last edited by Shas; 02-06-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

now with L.hits completely gone instead of the buggy hitting MTs but not OTs like before, could potentially get one or two dps out of the raid using like a hybrid tank plus a high hp person like chloro and spec into arbiter to get a taunt for stacks swaps or something. Then could be like both anks are the heals + dpschon + 7 dps, or both tanks healing + healchon + 6 dps, Could be interesting
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Lightbulb

Well going for isiel melee you surely can ot on a hp sponge not needing to retaunt Vindicator in p2

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...04_2149032.jpg

This is done with 2tanks since thre were no real melee specs anyway to judge the minmaxing. Note the isiel position achievend without extra effort.

I recommend greenManugo (forum post soon), literaly an st dps chanter with a taunt, [doing everything the ot would actively do in p2 but better] to take the Vindicator first, delay the stacks on mt and then burn through the Vindicator phase in under 40 seconds with the benefit of melee dmg. There you can bring a healing mage tank druiheal wc and greenmanugo + default chanter to heal through single mines in melee range or simply go with a oc lib or phalanxlib for more convenience. One mine ticking aprox 300k/sec, a cryschloro should easily carry through that while the 1-5 melees adapt position.

Warlord ot is too squishy/ too great of a loss focusing on hp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2