+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Essences

Shadowlander

Default Tank Essences

Can anyone tell me the names of the Tank essence equivalents for Sunken Prophet and Drowned Knight that DPS use?
    Thanks
    Varder@Faeblight

Telaran

i think you are greaters?
    well they don't exist.

Shadowlander

Default DRR essences

Essences that drop from DRR's in VP with "Guard" or "Block" on them.

There are 4 different types of essences for each stat, identified using a one word suffix. For example dodge will have 4 types, guard 4 types and block will have 4 types (I've only seen 3 for guard essences, but dps ones have 4, so fairly sure there are 4).

I don't know these suffix's all off by heart, you'll have to identify them yourself. Thing is, which suffix is the best is up for debate when it comes to tanking.

For example with dps you clearly want the one with the highest CP and highest main stat (despair for clerics), therefore sacrificing endurance. With tanking essences you will max out your guard quite quickly so you actually might want a lesser that max's endurance out instead of the guard. Or you may want to invest in block.

I personally see it as this with other tanks agreeing; get guard to soft cap (10%), you will likely reach hard cap anyway (12%) as you gradually improve your fragments, therefore there's no need to focus on the lessers that give the highest guard. I would then prioritise lessers with max endurance minimum guard over block/dodge essences, just so you don't lose too much guard, or if you're very confident in your guard you could go for max endurance minimum block/dodge. I wouldn't go for max block/dodge minimum endurance, there's just no place for this.

Considering the differences are fairly small, and you may not be quite sure how much guard you need, then it probably doesn't matter what suffix you end up with, as a balance between endurance and guard might not be all that bad. I personally don't worry about it too much (although I have too much guard) as I have no intentions of running anymore RR to change my stats slightly. Upgrading more lessers means 3k intel for a trigger as well. Simply not worth it when I have yet to pimp my jewellery out. We also don't know if the Guard cap will change with t3.

I'm away from my gaming computer atm, so I can't tell you the actual stats, but if you have guard over 300 you have the highest guard lesser.

Greaters atm, are just slightly improved lessers. I'm fairly confident to say they exist for tanking. I don't see why they would exist for dps and not tanking. The reason I wouldn't know for sure is because they're so dam rare I've never seen one. There is absolutely no point trying to farm greaters, that's a lottery not worth wasting your time on.
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-31-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Xly
    Plane Touched

It's "Cloudy Insight" for max Endu+Guard, "Obscure Revelations" for 2nd highest Guard+ 2nd highest Endu, Strength mainstat.
    Last edited by Xly; 08-31-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Thanks

Thanks Xly for the names, and thanks to Refuge for the insight on min/max for the tank. Da V

Shadowlander

Greater tank essences do exist. I've seen only a few of them on other people while inspecting them. I took a screenshot of one a while back but it appears I deleted it. But yeah they are out there.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Maybe from QF or something, but not from RRs. Never even seen 1 and I did quite a few hundred RRs (and a guild mate a few thousands without a sighting).

+ Reply to Thread