+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carinae

Thread: RIP Tempest

Shadowlander

Default RIP Tempest

So after the many posts people made on pts forum regarding how tempest is broken and trion deliberately pushing the changes to live, is reaver now our top ranged dps soul?

In BoS raid boss #2 we warriors cannot melee, sure we have paragon and grasping the horizon. But my point is, without chantion and knowing that tempest IS supposed to outdps reaver, doesn't it annoy you warriors?

I have tried mixing tempest with every other DPS soul, made full 61, 51 and 48 tempest hybrids and best I get is 720k DPS out of all the specs I've tested when currently reaver gives me 840k DPS.

I'm not a pro spec builder but I did try for hours with no success on tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    So after the many posts people made on pts forum regarding how tempest is broken and trion deliberately pushing the changes to live, is reaver now our top ranged dps soul?

In BoS raid boss #2 we warriors cannot melee, sure we have paragon and grasping the horizon. But my point is, without chantion and knowing that tempest IS supposed to outdps reaver, doesn't it annoy you warriors?

I have tried mixing tempest with every other DPS soul, made full 61, 51 and 48 tempest hybrids and best I get is 720k DPS out of all the specs I've tested when currently reaver gives me 840k DPS.

I'm not a pro spec builder but I did try for hours with no success on tempest.
    Tempest has no sustain at the moment. Reaver is closer to 1mil. Tempest is suppose to be burst dps but it's output isn't anywhere near what it should be. I'm hoping more changes are on the way. It seems like these changes were kind of pushed along due to summerfest as we didn't get to test a lot of them. For now you have Riftblade and Reaver to play with.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Tempest has no sustain at the moment. Reaver is closer to 1mil. Tempest is suppose to be burst dps but it's output isn't anywhere near what it should be. I'm hoping more changes are on the way. It seems like these changes were kind of pushed along due to summerfest as we didn't get to test a lot of them. For now you have Riftblade and Reaver to play with.
    Yeah Tempest is a burst spec but I think a positive quick change would have been to increase the passive damage that wavelength legendary provides by an extra 15 or 20 percent than what it has at the moment.

Ascendant

Tempest should definitely outdps reaver as reaver is got utilities up the donkey and innately cleave as well.
    I haven't checked out the tempest changes yet it was looking good on paper a month ago what happened?

It is true that tempest is indeed bursty but the way damage is dealt shouldn't cause it to be behind reaver. And there are no existing bosses that could abuse tempest for the giggles even like Proteus or some 20sec epeen boss like back in the days when raids were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    Yeah Tempest is a burst spec but I think a positive quick change would have been to increase the passive damage that wavelength legendary provides by an extra 15 or 20 percent than what it has at the moment.
    From how they attempted to buff Paragon in the past via Strike Like Iron, a simple increase like that isn't going to help all that much.

Individual abilities need to be adjusted, how they interact and what not. Arc for example is doing pretty minimal damage as well as Electricity Cascade, especially now since we can cast Wavelength so often, it's barely worth casting EC. Even Arc seems under powered now.

Changing electricity Cascade to a builder would help with the damage and the rotation since we've been relying on Reaver for so long.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Ascendant

Until Trion completely re-does the spec it's just a game of whack-a-mole with cheese specs.

There are no viable builds with a rotation. Warrior rotations are optimized to be power neutral, which means that you can't trigger the eternal quickly.

So we're left with cheese specs and 1-pt Icy as a power dump. Any other finisher is just for the buff/debuff, your main finisher in any spec is a 1-pt Icy.

Fix the dang Eternal so that we can have real builds....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

+ Reply to Thread