+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 16.5. BUFFS

Default 16.5. BUFFS

I've seen the buffs and they look nice on paper but do they change anything when it comes to actual spec performance? Autistic WC spec just seemed to be way ahead of anything else BY FAR

-only useful change seems to be Paragon buffs for prime, is that true?

What is the DPS gain of the buffed specs? How do they compare to dps WC?

I've tested few specs on live (i have awful gear) and did 440k with Rb, 400k with Paragon and 400k with Reaver I've not tested WL cuz I'm not sure what best rotation is atm. What are your results? Is WC still double the dps of all DPS specs?
    Last edited by Sahtiaro; 05-17-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

"For the past several months, the team has been focusing on one of your biggest requests: souls, callings, and in the case of Prime, global balance work."

Were these balance changes ever meant to make Live better?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Live wasn't really affected by the changes too much as people suspected. I'm getting slightly less dps with 61 warlord and tempest, but others seem to be around the same. Chantion got indirectly buffed since they upped the damage % on mired so it's not going anywhere anytime soon until we see what the second round (hopefully live specific) of changes are.

I think the hope is that now most of these prime changes are out of the way, we can finally get to the live stuff. For now though, this really was a prime patch.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

same dps on my rogue , on all other chars dps is lower
    warrior is still pathetic
    "changes on prime won't affect live" hmmkay

Riftblade got a nice needed boost, still a bit behind Chantion but gives us a decent option for non-melee friendly fights. Depending on how you build Riftblade, you can pick up a ranged builder to fill in for disconnects.

Reaver didn't get much of a boost, though it's still ahead of Tempest but now it's easier to keep dots up.

I feel like Warrior is finally in a decent place when it comes to available specs. The only outlier is Warchanter for obvious reasons.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Yeah, I've been testing reaver and it seems that you may be better off using it in certain fights, especially ones like Titan where stacking chantions isn't as ideal. If anyone doesn't mind posting some parses as I'm in full Preserver gear since I usually MT. I just want want to get some better reference points. I'm using the one from the Warrior BIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=548285405

Build

https://i.imgur.com/Q476bGi.jpg

My Current Stats

https://i.imgur.com/n91lfRt.jpg

Parses
    Since Desecrating blow refreshes your dots now, I was testing the differences between the original rotation which has you use flesh rot, necrotic wounds and soul sickness after viral stream > DB and using 3 Ravaging Strikes in place of that. Seems to work out pretty well, but again, i Just threw the spec together after not playing it since launch to see where it roughly sat.

https://i.imgur.com/Wo18DdU.jpg
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Reaver/4champ/11temp = 900k+
    Paragon/15warlord/0temp = 1m+
    RB/10reaver/5temp = 800k+
    Tempest = 800k+ (maybe i'm just not that good at it?)
    41wc/35champ/0wl = ~1.1mil

Warlord, i've dropped more than 300k from what i used to do. (can find the post with pic in another thread for those that care)

All were dual 5+ min parses, self buffed, no consumables, a single 67 dummy (so no raid buffs), and rounded down to the nearest hundred. (chantion i had no partner to test with, so i simply added 1/3rd of battlesong's dps and doubled SnD's to get the approximation)

Addendum: 2450 Hit, 8063 CP, ~51k AP (varies from spec to spec)
    Last edited by Xethx; 05-17-2018 at 11:50 PM.

man...battlesong damage has to get removed

Telaran

Stats with 0 points spend:
    - 44211 AP
    - 40432 PhysCrit
    - 8417 CP

Reaver (10WL/5Champ) 1.2 mil (can't test anymore my finisher refresh a non buffed Flesh Rot)
    Paragon 1.2 - 1.3 depends on Rising Waterfall procs
    Warlord (without Warchanter) 950k down from 1.1mil
    Riftblade 950k up from whatever it was
    Tempest don't bother about dummy parses

edit: tested Riftblade again (15Reaver 0Tempest) while using 1h weapons (Saber of Ruination + Tempered Star of the Preserver, not upgraded 1465str 997dex) and did 1.12m dps while messing up some timings
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 05-18-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    man...battlesong damage has to get removed
    well the problem would be, what would the non legendary variant do? exist so we can spend a point into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    well the problem would be, what would the non legendary variant do? exist so we can spend a point into it?
    yea just like half abilities in the game

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    yea just like half abilities in the game
    yes... but atleast 90% of the 41points abilities are usefull like:
    - Battlesong
    - Extraordinary Care
    - Everything is a Weapon
    - Double Pulse
    just to name some of the better ones
    Last edited by Hendrikdawin; 05-18-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Live wasn't really affected by the changes too much as people suspected. I'm getting slightly less dps with 61 warlord and tempest, but others seem to be around the same. Chantion got indirectly buffed since they upped the damage % on mired so it's not going anywhere anytime soon until we see what the second round (hopefully live specific) of changes are.

I think the hope is that now most of these prime changes are out of the way, we can finally get to the live stuff. For now though, this really was a prime patch.
    How do you do only live specific balance changes though? Isn't the problem to do with sharing builds? The only thing they can do is add a scalar changer for Prime.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-19-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Well, it looks like most of the "changes" were done to group stacking along with some minor tweaks in some buffs and other abilities. They said on the stream today it would be more tuning done to specific, high end abilities including legendary ones. I'm assuming that also means boosting the damage in places where it needs it as well.

The changes on Wednesday also set the bar so that they now have a better place to start off from with live changes. Again, according to what was stated on stream.

King of Slackers

Warlord, Riftblade (even with 55% CP), Tempest, Reaver = Trash
    Paragon = decent on Prime
    Chantion = decent Prime/Live
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast