+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 16.5. BUFFS

why use Desecrating blow when Dire blow does more dps and refreshes dots?
    Eternal Golden Warrior
    God has gave me a gift, only one, I am the most complete tank in the world

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TDor View Post
    both refresh the dots and if you use Legendary Punishing Blow and Plague Bringer you did more dps (atleast before the patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Well, it looks like most of the "changes" were done to group stacking along with some minor tweaks in some buffs and other abilities. They said on the stream today it would be more tuning done to specific, high end abilities including legendary ones. I'm assuming that also means boosting the damage in places where it needs it as well.

The changes on Wednesday also set the bar so that they now have a better place to start off from with live changes. Again, according to what was stated on stream.
    That makes sense, I'm still to watch the stream. Still very sad that they have to limit their balance work to legendaries only due to Prime. How on earth has this been allowed to happen - that a reset server now puts restrictions on what we can and can't do on Live.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-19-2018 at 04:09 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

regardless, Reaver is very ok now cant wait to T2 raid it
    Eternal Golden Warrior

I was testing this yesterday. Desecrating blow hits a lot harder than dire blow does and in the end turns out to be more dps.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I was testing this yesterday. Desecrating blow hits a lot harder than dire blow does and in the end turns out to be more dps.
    Legendary Dire Blow does more dps overall
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

my character, not legendary

Dire Blow 3 AP: 120257 dmg
    Desecrating 3 AP: 73005

Desecrating would be better only for 2+ targets, how can it be otherwise?
    Eternal Golden Warrior

my character, not legendary

Dire Blow 3 AP: 120257 dmg
    Desecrating 3 AP: 73005

Desecrating would be better only for 2+ targets, how can it be otherwise?

maybe because crystal and other aoe modifiers? hmm
    Eternal Golden Warrior

Telaran

in the warrior guide section, look at 4.0 Reaver DPS Guide (legendary punishing blow + plague bringer) : that's why people are/were using the aoe builder/finisher instead of the simple mono builder/finisher
    as for now with the new talent Pandemic Synergy peraphs it's better to take legendary Dire blow i d'ont know i have not test it.

Rift Disciple

I'm getting better results with Legendary DB as well. My avg hit is 400k, compared to Desc.B's 700k (with L.PB), but LDB has the delay which has it hit again. Which then makes it 800k vs 700k. In a 2:30 parse i have somewhere in the range of 42 LDB's vs only 20 DescB's, which is 2x as many chances at 50% crit.

But numbers and interactions have been all kinds of finicky since the patch. I have times where Battlesong is only hitting for 28k vs the typical 400k. Times where it doesn't go off AT ALL, despite having all the required buffs active. Times where certain abilities are getting all their respective bonuses, and other times where they don't. The only way i've managed to get things to be semi-coherent from one to the next, is to swap specs, and unequip/reequip the eternal/omnox after every loading screen. Even then, it's not a guaranteed fix; but it does limit the strange behaviors.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xethx View Post
    I'm getting better results with Legendary DB as well. My avg hit is 400k, compared to Desc.B's 700k (with L.PB), but LDB has the delay which has it hit again. Which then makes it 800k vs 700k. In a 2:30 parse i have somewhere in the range of 42 LDB's vs only 20 DescB's, which is 2x as many chances at 50% crit.
    Dire Corruption, Explosive Investation, Flesh Rot and Necrotic Wounds (plague bringer ftw) benefit from L.PB, so maybe its still better to use the AOE variant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrikdawin View Post
    Dire Corruption, Explosive Investation, Flesh Rot and Necrotic Wounds (plague bringer ftw) benefit from L.PB, so maybe its still better to use the AOE variant
    I already am taking advantage of that. On the previous page i mentioned i was using 4champ/11temp. I'm already abusing L.PB. The compared parses were the same spec, same rotation, just swapping out the LDB vs DescB. (+L.DC)

Of note: The refreshes of yer dots on the target remember their status. Soul Sickness still gets nerfed heavily keeping plaguebringer on, just like it has forever (33k > 17k). If you cancel pb and recast it, when you get around to DB/DescB to refresh them all fleshrot and necrotic wounds will keep their toggled internal status of having plaguebringer on (and thus keep taking advantage of L.PB bonus), whilst SS will retain having pb off. The dmg difference is minor; but it's there.

Rift Disciple

Xeth, you are proposing to swap out Legendary Desecrating Blow with Legendary Dire Blow?

Are you seeing a increase in DPS? Is it consistent. I am using the Reaver/Champ/Warlord build. After the patch my dps went up considerably. But it seems to be all over the place. To be fair it was all over the place before. I just noticed it with the patch. I will never understand why I can do close to 2 mil in crit damage with one rotation and like two minutes later it is sometimes less then a quarter that. Same rotation, same spells being applied the same way. Damage is like I said down considerably. That is very frustrating.

I am using Reaver Guide by SecondBase but I have been wondering for a long time now if I am doing it correctly. Not above changing my rotation to get more out of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2