+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By changchuan

Thread: My Warrior Leveling Build 4.3

Soulwalker

Default My Warrior Leveling Build 4.3

Posting this just looking for some feedback and to hopefully help any new comers.

I myself just come back after years away (thanks USMC // Real-Life // Stuff) and this game is still a blast. I hear everyone is just powerleveling like crazy with IA (instant adventures) but myself I quested and que'd for random dungeons (abeit more questing due to que time for dungeons)

This was my leveling build which has been very very fun.

This leveling isn't perfect by no means due to differing levels obtaining more ability points as well as starting points but just use it to guide you to the awesomeness.

Paladin // Champion // Warlord

1 - 11 Pure Warlord (making a bee-line for Combat Veteran)

Thought process here was I like duel-wielding weapons and / or like to go with two-handers. I really like the ability to block without a shield just for a small bonus to damage-mitigation as well as able to spam Backhand whenever available.

https://ibb.co/nEhdMm

12-22 Time to get into the Paladin !!!

The next was to get into Paladin mode for more survivability (increasing block chances and health ) but also putting points into dps skills. My DPS tank version anyhow.

https://ibb.co/mvmSE6

23-33 Even more Paladin goodness !!

It's here when we get some really good stuff:
    • Righteous Charge (another gap closer which gives us 2 !! You'll be flying all over the screen.
    • The buff Shield of the Vengeful (+25% more DMG !! - insane I know)
    • Touch of Life (2-minute full life heal)

By now you will have 4 conditional (highly regular) attacks !!
    • Backhand
    • Retaliation
    • Light's Vengeance
    • Light's Decree

With both a single taunt and a multiple enemy taunt as well as the Sweeping Strikes ability its a safe bet to start que'ing up for dungeons as Tank-Mode.

https://ibb.co/c4jTnR

34-44 Last bit O' Paladin getting back into warlord

Here we get points into Paladin all the way up for:
    • Shield Defense for that point where you take on too much and your health is getting too low
    • Light's Reprisal (another conditional attack - multi-target one too boot!
    • Purify Land (a very nice AOE DPS+Taunt)
    • The rest go into Warlord to really ramp up some DPS. (Don't want to be a weak Tank and don't want to take forever killing them mobs right?)
    • Into the Breach (another gap-filler so we now have 3 !!!! )
    • A Quick Death (conditional attack for when mobs are < 30% health)

https://ibb.co/kNFZSR

45-55 Warlord Warlord and more Warlord
    • DPS Skill - KING OF THE HILL !!!!! Yet another attack to add to the DPS ability arsenal.
    • No Permission to Die - Another in case ability to stop you from croaking
    • Defense # Defensive Surge - Thick of Battle
    • Still able to tank like a champ. Most of the time #1 DPS as well.

At 50 I went to Storm Legion content (Paladyne if I remember correctly) for all gear major upgrades.

So by now you will have a crazy amount of Defensive abilities as well as a quite amount of highly nasty attack abilities:

DPS Attacks (in priority order for my macros)
    • King of the Hill
    • A Quick Death
    • Sweeping Strike (tanking dungeons only out for solo'ing)
    • Light's Vengeance
    • Light's Decree (multi-target)
    • Light's Reprisal (multi-target)
    • Backhand
    • Righteous Blow (only because i'm lazy and most of the time it'll proc at 3)
    • Pacifying Strike

Buffs:
    • Shield of the Vengeful
    • Deadly Posture (solo'ing)
    • Defensive Posture (tank-mode)

https://ibb.co/bAgzSR

So I am stopping here because by now I had tinkered with a Beastmaster spec (for supportive roles) as well as a mostly Warlord build for DPS role (still working on that one). And you should do the same. By now you will have amassed alot of plat so switching roles and resetting on the fly wont break the bank.

I used macros for easy mode. Love them macros.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by changchuan View Post
    Posting this just looking for some feedback and to hopefully help any new comers.

I myself just come back after years away (thanks USMC // Real-Life // Stuff) and this game is still a blast
    Thanks for the bad-*** guide. I'm a noob and I'll take any help I can get. wb to Steam, and Semper Fi, bro. Nice to know I'm not the only Jarhead who loves this game. x)

I myself just come back after years away (thanks USMC // Real-Life // Stuff) and this game is still a blast. I hear everyone is just powerleveling like crazy with IA (instant adventures) but myself I quested and que'd for random dungeons (abeit more questing due to que time for dungeons)

Thanks for this post Devil, I've actually have been using this on RIFT Prime so far and I'm digging it!

It's different than the other builds I would have used while leveling a character, which is always good to learn something new.

Semper Fi!

Soulwalker

Wat macros are you using? And did you have to eat crayons during boot too? Purple tastes the best

Soulwalker

Is this build still viable? I just started a warrior following the other guide out here for Prime leveling, but this one looks interesting too. I really want to learn tanking as I go instead of just pure DPS. I am leveling with a mage buddy duo who is going Chloro when needed. Paladin just sounds fun lol.

Yes, it works
    Eternal Golden Warrior
    God has gave me a gift, only one, I am the most complete tank in the world

Soulwalker

I used macros for easy mode. Love them macros.
    Would it be possible to provide the macros used at each stage in the build? I would be very grateful! I am still too much of a noob to figure that out. Hopefully I can catch on sooner than later..

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread