+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: Warrior DPS - Block or Physical Crit

Default Warrior DPS - Block or Physical Crit

Good Morning!
    I just dinged level 50 and am working out what gear I should be focusing on. The primary stats that you're having to choose from either add Physical Crit or Block.

I am not a tank. My current preset spec is Triumphal Warrior or 13 Paragon/51 Champion/2 Void Knight. I have zero PVP favor (could never get into warfronts).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning!
    I just dinged level 50 and am working out what gear I should be focusing on. The primary stats that you're having to choose from either add Physical Crit or Block.

I am not a tank. My current preset spec is Triumphal Warrior or 13 Paragon/51 Champion/2 Void Knight. I have zero PVP favor (could never get into warfronts).

Block is completely useless for dps. You should focus on Crit Power, Strength, Attack Power.
    Also until you reach level 70 you getting new gear so fast that there is no point really to care about gear and gear stats.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

The primary stats that you're having to choose from either add Physical Crit or Block.
    Why do you say this?

Good Morning!

I think you mean the stats your getting from Strength, Dex and maybe even Endurance. As the others have said you don't need to worry too much about this as you level. Focus on gear that has the highest Strength, it adds the most value for your class. If you are getting some essences here and there as you level try to get ones with Crit Power but if they aren't available get Attack Power, and finally if neither just use the ones with the most strength.
    nerf MrWidoes

forbiddenlake
    The primary stats that you're having to choose from either add Physical Crit or Block.
    Why do you say this?
    My original question was related to block or physical crit. When I looking at new gear I didn't know if I should be putting anything into block at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I think you mean the stats your getting from Strength, Dex and maybe even Endurance. As the others have said you don't need to worry too much about this as you level. Focus on gear that has the highest Strength, it adds the most value for your class. If you are getting some essences here and there as you level try to get ones with Crit Power but if they aren't available get Attack Power, and finally if neither just use the ones with the most strength.

I haven't thought much about the importance of Dexterity but now I see it's a boost to AP and Dodge.

Thank you all!

Plane Touched

As a warrior your main stat is strength. If I'm recalling this correctly each point in a main stat gives .75 to Physical crit, attack power, block, and dodge.

Dex is a secondary stat which gives .25 to those respective attributes.

Block is a tanking stat and only works with a shield unless you have the warlord talent which allows you to block without a shield.

As stated above, since you're not tanking the priority of stats you should follow to do the most damage are Crit Power > Attack Power> Strength > Physical Crit.
    Last edited by Skiye; 12-22-2017 at 06:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread